Cash for clunkers cost americans about $24,000/vehicle

hey it saved or created thousands of uaw jobs......and sold lots of hondas and toyotas....

Looks like to cost them $4,000 per car that met the program rules and resulted in a sale. Edmonds is considering the number of cars that would have sold during that period normally? Then looking at the net increase.

It was a waste of money at $3,500-4,500 per car. For the most part it pulled sales ahead, inflated the cost of used cars and destroyed some cars and trucks that could have served someone well. Call it what it is and don't use fuzzy math.

hey it saved or created thousands of uaw jobs......and sold lots of hondas and toyotas....

Looks like to cost them $4,000 per car that met the program rules and resulted in a sale. Edmonds is considering the number of cars that would have sold during that period normally? Then looking at the net increase.

It was a waste of money at $3,500-4,500 per car. For the most part it pulled sales ahead, inflated the cost of used cars and destroyed some cars and trucks that could have served someone well. Call it what it is and don't use fuzzy math.

my sarcasm sailed right by you...sorry....i am against government bailouts of anything for anyone for any reason.....

My mistake. I should have just quoted MikeC. Yours was not sarcasm, unless you think it didn't save UAW jobs and sell Hondas and Toyotas. I thought it was a very accurate statement.

My mistake. I should have just quoted MikeC. Yours was not sarcasm, unless you think it didn't save UAW jobs and sell Hondas and Toyotas. I thought it was a very accurate statement.

It did not save a single UAW job.

As a matter of fact, Ibelieve many have been lost during and since the program.

I have not heard of ANY UAW hirings...but many plant closings....and temporary shutdowns

GM has added a shift to the Delta Township (MI) plant for Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse. In general, production is behind sales at the moment.

GM has added a shift to the Delta Township (MI) plant for Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse. In general, production is behind sales at the moment.

But adding a shift does not offset the closing of many plants.

And increasing production above demand is fine when there is an obvious reason to expect an increase in demand.

But to increase demand on pure speculation is what gets companies into a lot of trouble.

did anyone actually read the report and how they come to this figure? i did....really not a true cost reflection more just manipulation of stats

did anyone actually read the report and how they come to this figure? i did....really not a true cost reflection more just manipulation of stats

No...it is known as applying business models and forecasting to make a determination.

It is done all the time in business when calculating "cost benefit".

Only someone who is not involced with business would see it as manipulating of stats.

But it is not.

Forum List

Back