Cash for Appliances

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
In U.S. history, there may have been no better time to own a junk car, a rattling old fridge and a leaking dishwasher.

On the heels of its ballyhooed "Cash for Clunkers" program for cars, the federal government is expected to finalize details in the coming weeks of another tax-supported shopping extravaganza, known as "Cash for Appliances."

washingtonpost.com

It's almost as if nobody in the administration, or anywhere in government, understands anything about economics.

In U.S. history, there may have been no better time to own a junk car, a rattling old fridge and a leaking dishwasher.

On the heels of its ballyhooed "Cash for Clunkers" program for cars, the federal government is expected to finalize details in the coming weeks of another tax-supported shopping extravaganza, known as "Cash for Appliances."

washingtonpost.com

It's almost as if nobody in the administration, or anywhere in government, understands anything about economics.

Economics is so overrated. All you really need to be is a Community Organizer and then you can do anything and it will be right.

OMG!! Nooooooo not another brilliant run government rebate program the C4C cost $24,000 for each $4500 rebate!! Holy KRAP!!! It's cheaper to run a war.

Shall we name this appliance program:
C.R.A.P , Cash Rebates for Appliances & Paraphernalia

is the appliance thing a cas thing or a tax credit thing?

If a tax credit thing I agree with it.
Is not the right also for tax cuts?

This will help the economy and some jobs.

Neither way is right.... as if it is a 'stimulus' handout it is bogus, and it is not a tax credit for all...

And as for a lot of us on the 'right', we're not looking for tax cuts but rather simplification of the tax code and equality in % of taxation....

Neither way is right.... as if it is a 'stimulus' handout it is bogus, and it is not a tax credit for all...

And as for a lot of us on the 'right', we're not looking for tax cuts but rather simplification of the tax code and equality in % of taxation....

I am for a pure flat tax on personal income. No exemptions, no deductions.
Same exact % rate for everyone.

And not a single word from a left-winger... hmmm....

According to you guys, I must be the left winger.

SO let me push forth the amazing knowledge and insight that we left wing designates see with this Cash for Appliance program.

It sucks!​

See how succint and clear the left wing is? No need to mop about and belly ache. Just state the obvious and move on. Thank you!!

washingtonpost.com

There's no "almost as if" about it IMO.

Shit. I've got an old couch laying around doin nothin. Wonder how much of a tax credit I can get for that??????

Too bad. Mine ain't worth a plug nickle in real life. Ahhhh, but a tax rebate. At lease I could spend that. LOL!!!!

And not a single word from a left-winger... hmmm....

According to you guys, I must be the left winger.

SO let me push forth the amazing knowledge and insight that we left wing designates see with this Cash for Appliance program.

It sucks!​

See how succint and clear the left wing is? No need to mop about and belly ache. Just state the obvious and move on. Thank you!!

Don't think I have referred to you as a left winger, in actuality

Ones like Chris, rightwinger, etc... those are the normal parroting left wingers

Forum List

Back