Casey Anthony and the Death Penalty

I'd love to know why we feel justified in exacting stiffer sentences against mothers who kill their kids than we do against men.

Men kill their own children and the children of other people every single day. They bash them against walls, they suffocate them, they beat them to death. They rarely spend more than a couple of years (and usually not that much) in prison.

Largely because people STILL think it's the fault of the mothers, even when somebody else does the killing.

Hell, one mom drowned all five kids in the bathtub "methodically" and got hospitalization.

While her acts were criminal, she was crazy and not in control of her mental faculties. That makes a difference to most juries trying to apply the law.

Yeah, the Houston Mom WAS and IS batshit crazy. She was not in touch with reality, and still to this day has a tenuous grasp on reality. Even with the best medical care available to the mentally ill.

Our country has no purpose in killing the TRULY mentally ill. It serves no one.

I agree that the Houston mother should be institutionalized the rest of her natural life. There is NO way she should be allowed to walk freely amongst us. She is a risk to herself and others around her (as far as I am concerned). The sad part is that she doesn't know just how seriously fucked up she is. :(

As long as the evidence is clear and without doubt... fry the bitch

yep. death penalty is only acceptable when there is 100% proof

The point is, there's no such thing as 100% proof.

Yeah there is. Read the link in my sig line.

The man admits he killed Lori....he just objects to dying for his crime. He 100% admits he killed her, knew exactly HOW he killed her, and took the police to her body.

Beyond that, the single largest piece of proof is....

He failed to kill the 10 year old girl that he raped and who witnessed Lori's murder. The (then) 10 year old ID'd the man the *same night* she and Lori were abducted---after escaping from him.

She again ID'd him (at 35 years of age) in 1999 at his new penalty phase trial, where she testified against him again.

I'd say that's 100% proof.

Read up....

Casey Anthony should be beat with a rubber hose for a few months and then hung. Susan Smith should have gotten the same. ~BH

I've got a better one. Chloroform the bitch, wrap her up in duct tape like she did her kid, and leave a small air hole in the mouth.

Then? Stuff her in a trunk for a couple of hours next to a bar.

It's what she did to her child.

If she survives the night? THEN beat her with rubber hoses and hang her.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
yep. death penalty is only acceptable when there is 100% proof

The point is, there's no such thing as 100% proof.

Yeah there is. Read the link in my sig line.

The man admits he killed Lori....he just objects to dying for his crime. He 100% admits he killed her, knew exactly HOW he killed her, and took the police to her body.

Beyond that, the single largest piece of proof is....

He failed to kill the 10 year old girl that he raped and who witnessed Lori's murder. The (then) 10 year old ID'd the man the *same night* she and Lori were abducted---after escaping from him.

She again ID'd him (at 35 years of age) in 1999 at his new penalty phase trial, where she testified against him again.

I'd say that's 100% proof.

Read up....

I'm sorry for your loss, and I understand completely that you feel very strongly about this. And although I agree with you completely that the man is guilty, I can't agree with your position on the death penalty. There are too many cases of people who were found guilty and sentenced to death based on eyewitness testimony and evidence that were cleared post-posthumously. I simply don't trust the government - or people at all - with that. Lock em' up, and throw away the key - that way if new evidence comes out later, they won't be dead for no reason.

Eyewitness accounts are statistically the least reliable form of evidence - a hundred people witnessing an event will all give different stories as to what happened.

Casey Anthony should be beat with a rubber hose for a few months and then hung. Susan Smith should have gotten the same. ~BH

I've got a better one. Chloroform the bitch, wrap her up in duct tape like she did her kid, and leave a small air hole in the mouth.

Ok, But can she be beat with a rubber hose for a few hours prior to the Chloroform just in case she doesn't survive the night? :razz: ~BH

Ok, But can she be beat with a rubber hose for a few hours prior to the Chloroform just in case she doesn't survive the night? :razz: ~BH

Oaky........one hour of beating with the rubber hose, THEN stuff the bitch in a trunk.

You're in charge of the hose.

Forum List

Back