Case sample on wealth distribution: Can anyone refute this?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Ok. Here is a simple, honest point about the relative "poor" standards of the people who are considered poor in the USA. This is in response to the thread stating massive wealth inequality in America. I've posted numerous times the links about our poor enjoying color TV, air conditioning, microwaves, refrigerators, cell phones, own a car, have a home or are given one nearly free by govt, free education, healthcare, etc, etc. Yet, that message isn't getting through. Our poor are the lifestyle that is envied by 90% of the rest of the world. Most of Central and South America would flock here only to be a poor American. So, HERE is my more simple argument:

Our "poor" have an obesity problem.

Which means, they take in more calories than they burn.

If you eat more than you burn, you get fat. Simple fitness math.

So, our poor are in a situation where they consume EXCESS calories, much to the envy of much of the hungry world (Africa, India, China, Korea, S. America, C. America, Mid East, Russia, etc, etc).

And our poor perform LESS physical work than necessary to burn this excess calories. Thus, they become fat.

SO we have a group of spoiled citizens who are:

A) Overfed
B) Underworked

And they are complaining? I don't get it.

our poor overconsume high-calorie foods because our food programs, allegedly meant to "feed the poor" are in reality nothing more than subsidy programs for corporate farming operations and the meat and dairy industry.

our poor overconsume high-calorie foods because our food programs, allegedly meant to "feed the poor" are in reality nothing more than subsidy programs for corporate farming operations and the meat and dairy industry.

No, our poor are fat because they eat more calories than their lifestyle requires them to burn.

ANY American, or human for that matter, who is fat is fat because they take in more calories than they burn.

Eat 4,000 a day, burn 2,200, and you get fat.

I know billions of people in Africa, Asia, Central and South America, North Korea, Russia, the Mid East, would LOVE to have HIGH CALORIE foods. The human body was designed to crave high calorie food, so we could live. It's why our taste buds are programmed to enjoy the taste of fat and sugar. Those things are only bad if we eat them in excess, and even then, with enough physical work or exercise, one can stay lean within reason.

But thats not the case.

Our poor are overfed and underworked. They are fat. That is the only conclusion. They eat too much, and work too little. Nothing can deny that math.

No, our poor are fat because they eat more calories than their lifestyle requires them to burn.

Nope, he's right. You can thank the corn subsidies for obesity problem in America. Here's something fun to do, go to the supermarket and go into the middle where the processed foods are and let me know how many labels you find that do NOT have at least one substance that isn't corn. Even the beef is corn (cows are not supposed to eat corn... It makes them very sick, and their meat, in turn makes us sick).

Nope, he's right. You can thank the corn subsidies for obesity problem in America. Here's something fun to do, go to the supermarket and go into the middle where the processed foods are and let me know how many labels you find that do NOT have at least one substance that isn't corn. Even the beef is corn (cows are not supposed to eat corn... It makes them very sick, and their meat, in turn makes us sick).

So? They are still consuming more calories than needed.

Dirt ass poor people across the globe would love to eat so many excess calories that they became fat.

Our poor have little to whine about. They live among the richest 5% in America.

BTW.....I also saw the CNN story on poor people and nutrition. Know why gas stations in the ghetto don't carry fresh apples, oranges, bananas like all the ones in suburbs and off interstates do? They rot. No one buys them. They buy twinkies instead. Same general story for supermarkets. Poor folks prefer the high calorie, less nutritious food, EVEN if it's more expensive than fresh fruit and veggies! Fruit and veggies are cheaper in general than processed frozen food and junk, because they are in less demand.

So even when given the choice, they still choose the bad food and get fat.

Forum List

Back