Carville: 'We’re Gonna Have to Go Through Hell to Win this Damn Thing'

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Carville: 'We’re Gonna Have to Go Through Hell and High-Water to Win this Damn Thing'

In a fundraising email sent out by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Democratic strategist James Carville has a serious warning: "We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing." The remedy, according to Carville, is to donate more money to the Democratic group.

"I wish I had good news for you," Carville begins the pitch. "I want to tell you that President Obama has a second term in the bag. I want to tell you that the Koch Brothers are giving up their plot to buy the election."

But here’s where things really stand: We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing. It’s gonna be hard. Every big-oil billionaire and Republican Super PAC is throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama.

If we don’t fight back, it’ll be over long before November.

Contribute $3 or more to back up President Obama with a Democratic majority. Get your donation in today and it'll get matched >>

Every dollar we can muster will go straight to the front lines -- organizers on the ground and ads on the air hitting Republicans where it hurts.

If you’re with us, then give what you can today:

Carville: 'We

Begging doesn't become you, James. Have you tried the third world countries yet?

Unemployment at 8.2 for 41 months, no budget YET, 2 downgrades first in history, the country is more divided since the 70's, is there a problem? :eusa_whistle:

Carville: 'We’re Gonna Have to Go Through Hell and High-Water to Win this Damn Thing'

In a fundraising email sent out by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Democratic strategist James Carville has a serious warning: "We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing." The remedy, according to Carville, is to donate more money to the Democratic group.

"I wish I had good news for you," Carville begins the pitch. "I want to tell you that President Obama has a second term in the bag. I want to tell you that the Koch Brothers are giving up their plot to buy the election."

But here’s where things really stand: We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing. It’s gonna be hard. Every big-oil billionaire and Republican Super PAC is throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama.

Contribute $3 or more to back up President Obama with a Democratic majority. Get your donation in today and it'll get matched >>

Every dollar we can muster will go straight to the front lines -- organizers on the ground and ads on the air hitting Republicans where it hurts.

Begging doesn't become you, James. Have you tried the third world countries yet?

He's smarter than anyone Mitt's got. What's the problem with asking for donations? It's the American Way! Afraid of not getting enough Koch millions?

Last edited:
I"m sending more to Romney. As much as I can to help get obama out of office.

Unemployment at 8.2 for 41 months, no budget YET, 2 downgrades first in history, the country is more divided since the 70's, is there a problem? :eusa_whistle:

And who is responsible for generating a budget?
The house?
Who controls the house?

Yep it is all in a mess and neither side will straighten it out.

He's smarter than anyone Mitt's got. What's the problem with asking for donations? It's the American Way! Afraid of not getting enough Koch millions?

According to Liberals the money is killing our System, unless of course it goes to Liberals.

Well, what do you expect when you support policies that produce hell on earth?

"We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing."

If we don’t fight back

But, nothing can get done because those damn republicans refuse to work with anyone.

If Jimmy is out stumping like this at this point it time "garontees" their internal polls are killer and the fundraising is pathetic.

Please bear in mind I am a huge Carville fan. He's one straight up dude and he and his wife make a mean and wonderous couple.

Okay, so what the hell does this mean?

Who is matching or is he just spitting out words?

If Jimmy is out stumping like this at this point it time "garontees" their internal polls are killer and the fundraising is pathetic.

Please bear in mind I am a huge Carville fan. He's one straight up dude and he and his wife make a mean and wonderous couple.

He is an interesting guy to listen to, often. I remember his most important contribution to realism in politics: "It's the economy, stupid." :eusa_clap:

According to Liberals the money is killing our System, unless of course it goes to Liberals.

It's the system we've got. Acting any differently would be like an American League team letting their pitchers hit, because they don't like the Designated Hitter rule.

Money IS killing the system. Support public financing and we can talk about hammering out the details, otherwise :eusa_hand:.

And who is responsible for generating a budget?
The house?
Who controls the house?

Yep it is all in a mess and neither side will straighten it out.

Most people already know that both chambers of the Congress must approve the budget, what with their 12 appropriations committees and all. Here's a link in case people need a refresher.

United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I seem to remember the House presenting budgets but Sen. Reid declaring them Dead on Arrival. And what about the Obama budget submissions? Even the Democratic Senate laughed them out of the building.

Forum List

Back