Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
A long time ago a great three-time governor of Louisiana, Earl Long, said about Jimmie Davis, the two-time not very good governor of Louisiana, "You couldn't wake up Jimmie Davis with an earthquake."

As I go around the country and see various Democrats and talk to them on the phone, honestly I'm beginning to think that we have become the party of Jimmie Davis.

My message is simple: WTFU. Translated -- wake the you-know-what up, there is an earthquake.

James CarvilleYou think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.

Democratic fundraisers, activists, supporters, and even politicians alike have somehow collectively lapsed into the sentiment that the president is going to be reelected and that we have a good shot to take the House back while holding the Senate.

I ask: What are you smoking? What are you drinking? What are you snorting or just what in the hell are you thinking?

Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose - CNN.com

It is amazing that democrats would think they are going to win.

As much as I can't stand James....he's been a pretty good voice when it comes to tactical matters. Let's hope democrats don't listen to him.

I so look forward to the screams on the day after the election.

:lol: This is too funny he's think that if you wake democrats up that democrats will win? Better work on the economy first James
You think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.
Democratic fundraisers, activists, supporters, and even politicians alike have somehow collectively lapsed into the sentiment that the president is going to be reelected and that we have a good shot to take the House back while holding the Senate.
I ask: What are you smoking? What are you drinking? What are you snorting or just what in the hell are you thinking?
Look around the world -- do you see any governments or incumbents winning any elections out there? Did it happen in small elections in Germany or Britain, big elections in France and Greece or how about huge elections in the United States in 2008 and 2010? Please folks -- wake up!

8 threads on gay marriage, but none on massive deficits, lack of jobs, looming double-dip, and the generalized horrible malaise of Liberalism and dependency unleashed on America by Pelosi-Reid-Obama.

In other words, just like Barry would like the national dialogue to be going.

8 threads on gay marriage, but none on massive deficits, lack of jobs, looming double-dip, and the generalized horrible malaise of Liberalism and dependency unleashed on America by Pelosi-Reid-Obama.

The media and the left might not want to talk about the disaster in the White House, but those who are still unemployed and barely getting by know what's what and they will vote.

It's an illusion that only the magician believes in. We all know what the election in November is about, we don't need the bias media talking up this or that. Nobody other then a gay couple that is thinking of getting married cares about gay marriage. We may all have a belief on the matter, but does it have any real meaning at the presidential ballot box? No. This election will be about debt, the economy, the inability of our leaders to see the error of their ways, their ruling against the will of the people, Obamacare and other abominations in spending.

They can talk on whatever topic they want, we know that they lie. They can quote any stat that they want, we know that they lie. They can say whatever they want, we know that they lie.

America has had enough. The grown ups, the ones with jobs and children to raise that had not had time to care about political games have woken up. The party is over. The grown ups are coming home and we are kicking out R's as well as D's

Ever since Carville was on Rush talking to his wife Mary Matalin like a love sick puppy dog, I find him very squishy and cuddly. He's not mean at all. He worships her. It was beautiful.

Ever since Carville was on Rush talking to his wife Mary Matalin like a love sick puppy dog, I find him very squishy and cuddly. He's not mean at all. He worships her. It was beautiful.

I never understood what Mary saw in batboy.

Bat_Boy.PNG

Ah, but here's where you have to once again wonder if Obama has a clue how to avoid stepping up to his neck in doo-doo.

I personally feel this little gay marriage "diversion" will be another factor that will end up hurting him at the ballot box. And I think that's the reason behind so many threads discussing it.

Everyone knows about the deficit, jobs, double-dip, etc and also knows the current Congress will do nothing about those issues until after the election.

So now we focus on those events that occur day to day where we can analyze the impact, if any, on the election.

First mistake appears to be that Biden's comments were NOT planned. That forced Obama into an instant "evolvement." Even as the excuse makers claimed he planned to make his position known somewhere down the line.

He literally had no choice.

The question now becomes how and to what degree this will impact voters in those swing states who already have anti-gay marriage laws in place.

Barry may want the dialogue to go this way but I don't think he's wants the direction of that dialogue to be outside his own control.

He also doesn't seem to realize that the voting public is well aware of the real problems and they're not going to forget.

It's still the economy - and we're not stupid!

The Democrats and the media spent a month on Rush with that College girl.
The Democrats spent a bunch of time on this so called war on women
The Democrats going on and on about fair taxes....

Meanwhile the deficit is out of this world,the debt is tremendous,the interest on the debt is
crazy....

And we are getting ready to throw another parade and erect a statue to this President because a year ago he gave the ok to kill Bin Laden and today he kissed ass with the gay people....
The WH is concentrating on the important issues I guess.
The debt this country has ain't no big Thang!

No one in the media is giving this President any grief over the fact that this country is so fucked right now. :mad:

Last edited:
Carville is a living symbol of the democrat party's war on women. His attack on Paula Jones was disgusting and his defense of Clinton's serial abuse of woman was typical of the democrat party double standard.

Actually the economy is improving. In fact, the US has so much natural gas, salt mines, old oil wells and every possible storage facility is nearly full. Will be by October. We should be reworking coal power plants into natural gas, but Republicans won't let it happen. They talk about energy, but when they said "energy", they meant "oil", and "Middle Eastern" oil is tastiest.

Republicans want the country to suffer as much as possible. It's the only way the can get elected. If Obama makes the case that Republican see power over the good of the country, they will lose. America hates tyrants. Look at the states. Republicans want to be tyrants. They even want to police women's vaginas.

Actually the economy is improving.

This is the worst recovery in modern history.

It's all about the economy, and we aren't stupid.

The Democrats and the media spent a month on Rush with that College girl.
The Democrats spent a bunch of time on this so called war on women
The Democrats going on and on about fair taxes....

Meanwhile the deficit is out of this world,the debt is tremendous,the interest on the debt is
crazy....

And we are getting ready to throw another parade and erect a statue to this President because a year ago he gave the ok to kill Bin Laden and today he kissed ass with the gay people....
The WH is concentrating on the important issues I guess.
The debt this country has ain't no big Thang!

No one in the media is giving this President any grief over the fact that this country is so fucked right now. :mad:
Democrats have spent three years after the election talking about Palin and they claim Republicans have a war on women. Looks like they are at war with attractive successful women

:lol: This is too funny he's think that if you wake democrats up that democrats will win? Better work on the economy first James
You think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.
Look around the world -- do you see any governments or incumbents winning any elections out there? Did it happen in small elections in Germany or Britain, big elections in France and Greece or how about huge elections in the United States in 2008 and 2010? Please folks -- wake up!

Frankly I don't see how Obama is going to win. He doesn't have a Bush to demonize. He's screwed up basically everything he's touched. He's proven he's a divider not a uniter. He routinely engages in class warfare tactics. The way I see it anybody with a pulse can beat this egotist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back