Carville: Obama weak, can be beat

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh oh

SNIP:
Fri, 2012-03-16 11:16 Celebrated Democratic political consultant James Carville said Friday that a poor economy, persistent unemployment, an ineffective communications team and the president's own inability to connect with voters make Barack Obama beatable in the fall elections."

We have a pretty weak incumbent," said Carville, who helped a scrappy Bill Clinton to an unlikely 1992 election. Citing Obama's low approval ratings and high unemployment, the advisor noted that the statistics are not on Obama's side. "I've seen worse, but that's on the low side," he said of Obama's ratings among voters, adding, "He's not a shoo-in for reelection."

the rest here.
Carville: Obama weak, can be beat | Washington Examiner

That is surprising coming from Carville. Looking at Obama's approval ratings over the last couple years, I am thinking Carville knows what he's talking about.

oh oh

SNIP:
Fri, 2012-03-16 11:16 Celebrated Democratic political consultant James Carville said Friday that a poor economy, persistent unemployment, an ineffective communications team and the president's own inability to connect with voters make Barack Obama beatable in the fall elections."

We have a pretty weak incumbent," said Carville, who helped a scrappy Bill Clinton to an unlikely 1992 election. Citing Obama's low approval ratings and high unemployment, the advisor noted that the statistics are not on Obama's side. "I've seen worse, but that's on the low side," he said of Obama's ratings among voters, adding, "He's not a shoo-in for reelection."

the rest here.
Carville: Obama weak, can be beat | Washington Examiner

I wonder what the board lefties will add.

It was just a few weeks ago they declared the man a genius on another topic.

carvelle is the past,

He has a point though.

Do you remember how Obama can get people following him though?

"Romney is the weakest challenging front-runner ever,"

how do you feel about this part of what he said?

carvelle is the past,

He has a point though.

Before 4 years as President, yes. TOUGHER after living through his term to vote on a slogan.

obama has made voters ANGRY, over the high unemployment rate, the lies he tells about it, the cost of living. It isn't that he's weak, he's pissed off too many people. His lies are crumbling. He's alienated too many people and demographic groups.

That's NOW, by the time election day rolls around the Golden Yeti will be the only one voting for him.

That's Romney running in the GOP primaries against conservatives trying to pull the conservative vote.

If he runs against Barry then he'll be running as a moderate who would appeal to Independent voters. The far rights loathing of Obama will get them out to vote against him rather than "for" any Republican in particular.

If you were in any way intelligent, you'd understand that, TM.

obama brought the Fiat back to the US. That alone is a reason to throw him out.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
From the disingenuous o/p's link... which she managed to misrepresent (no surprises there)

But Carville adds that it won't be the GOP that beats Obama. The reason: The GOP candidates are even worse. "I think the Republicans can't beat him, but events can,"

That's Romney running in the GOP primaries against conservatives trying to pull the conservative vote.

If he runs against Barry then he'll be running as a moderate who would appeal to Independent voters. The far rights loathing of Obama will get them out to vote against him rather than "for" any Republican in particular.

I see this scenario. AND, dissatisfaction with Obama (.)

carvelle is the past,

He has a point though.

Before 4 years as President, yes. TOUGHER after living through his term to vote on a slogan.

maybe if the republican party had not done everything they could humanly do to keep Obama and our country from having their choice honored then more would have been done.

Imagine if we give him a dem congress and no re election worries.

From the disingenuous o/p's link... which she managed to misrepresent (no surprises there)

But Carville adds that it won't be the GOP that beats Obama. The reason: The GOP candidates are even worse. "I think the Republicans can't beat him, but events can,"

Matters not. If Carville is correct Obama will lose and the end result will be a GOP win.

Matters not. If Carville is correct Obama will lose and the end result will be a GOP win.

You're not reading what he said. It DOES matter... he said if things suck, obama will lose. That's common knowledge.

What's hysterical is that given the negatives that you guys can't get out of your own way and beat him.

carvelle is the past,

He has a point though.

maybe if the republican party had not done everything they could humanly do to keep Obama and our country from having their choice honored then more would have been done.

Imagine if we give him a dem congress and no re election worries.

The dems had control for two years. All the secured was a pissed off voting public that kicked your asses out. And the way Harry is governing the senate will be next!

Carville has hated Obama from day one, I guess Mr. DLC can engage in a little wishful thinking if he wants but no one should take him too seriously.

You're not reading what he said. It DOES matter... he said if things suck, obama will lose. That's common knowledge.

What's hysterical is that given the negatives that you guys can't get out of your own way and beat him.

I dont care how he looses as long as he goes. Even with an improving economy the mere threat of another term without the chains of reelection holding him back I honestly fear the future

Forum List

Back