Cartoon on Chirac

The hypocrisy of Chirac is here for all to see. From the Telegraph in London:

"As President Jacques Chirac and his wife Bernadette savoured the Creole-style charms of their four-star hotel in the Indian Ocean yesterday, some ministers were observing entreaties to take their holidays within two hours of Paris.

The government was fiercely attacked last summer when key ministers were absent at the height of la canicule, the heatwave thought to have caused 15,000 deaths. This year most have chosen destinations and activities intended to place them beyond reproach.

Presiding over his last cabinet meeting before MPs went off for their summer break, Mr Chirac reminded ministers of the need to take "short, studious" holidays.

After the briefest of official visits to Madagascar, he flew to Reunion, a departement 6,000 miles from Paris, to renew acquaintance with a previous holiday haunt, Les Villas du Lagon, set in spacious grounds on one of the island's finest beaches."

------------------------------

Amazing isn't he? How many people cannot see the blatant hypocrisy of this man is simply beyond me.

John

rjw8652 said:
The hypocrisy of Chirac is here for all to see. From the Telegraph in London:

"As President Jacques Chirac and his wife Bernadette savoured the Creole-style charms of their four-star hotel in the Indian Ocean yesterday, some ministers were observing entreaties to take their holidays within two hours of Paris.

The government was fiercely attacked last summer when key ministers were absent at the height of la canicule, the heatwave thought to have caused 15,000 deaths. This year most have chosen destinations and activities intended to place them beyond reproach.

Presiding over his last cabinet meeting before MPs went off for their summer break, Mr Chirac reminded ministers of the need to take "short, studious" holidays.

After the briefest of official visits to Madagascar, he flew to Reunion, a departement 6,000 miles from Paris, to renew acquaintance with a previous holiday haunt, Les Villas du Lagon, set in spacious grounds on one of the island's finest beaches."

------------------------------

Amazing isn't he? How many people cannot see the blatant hypocrisy of this man is simply beyond me.

John

do you have a link? Not sure what you are asking for agreement with.

Kathianne,

It's not in response to anything in particular - I am just highlighting Chirac's total lack of principle. Tell the people and the rest of the Govt. to do one thing and then do the opposite yourself.

A true political snake, if ever there was one.

John

rjw8652 said:
Kathianne,

It's not in response to anything in particular - I am just highlighting Chirac's total lack of principle. Tell the people and the rest of the Govt. to do one thing and then do the opposite yourself.

John

Think anyone would have a problem disagreeing with that!

rjw8652 said:
Kathianne,

John

Agreed!!!

Forum List

Back