Carter's Op-Ed in NY Times

The problem with the Op-Ed, like many international suggestions concerning the conflict, is that it assumes the conflict can be resolved without any input from the Palestinians and their government. It requires nothing from the Palestinians.

It should, at the very least, require the Palestinian government to:
  • recognize Israel as the Jewish National Homeland (State for the Jewish people, exactly equivalent to the idea of a State for the Arab Palestinian people)
  • immediately cease all belligerency and incitement
  • agree to negotiate on the basis of a permanent end-of-conflict agreement
  • agree to negotiate without pre-conditions (especially pre-conditions requiring ethnic cleansing)

If Zionist Isreal really wanted peace it could have achieved it decades ago,
Of course they want peace. However, their version of peace is all of Palestine without the Palestinians. It has been like that for a hundred years.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities ... by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Historical Evidence:
  • Israel has a significant Arab minority and did not ethnically cleanse itself of Arabs
  • The Jewish people have been ethnically cleansed from every single surrounding ME nation

Current Evidence:
  • There is no discussion of ethnically cleansing Israel of its Arab inhabitants
  • The PA and Arab League demand, as a pre-condition to negotiation, the ethnic cleansing of all Jews from "Palestinian land"

Reference:
America Must Recognize Palestine
By JIMMY CARTER NOV. 28, 2016

ForeverYoung436, et al,

The (former) President (Carter), speaks eloquently as he always has. Yet I find it very unconvincing in many respects.

What do y'all think of it? Agree or Disagree?
(COMMENT)

I see that the Former President express a compound idea, that is challengeable from the outset.

• That the US has any business attempting to shape the outcome of the conflict.
• The the vacating administration should attempt to induce some change, before the next administration assume the office.

WHY? Why does the US even have to shape the outcome? This is never answered.

Israel is an ally. If the US wants to give Israel's opponent the advantage, then we should switch sides. But if the US is going to remain an Ally to Israel, then the US should not even suggest something that might undermine Israel. In this conflict, the political and diplomatic position for either side is essentially a domestic issue for which the internal political process for to gripe. The US should not be in the business of intervening in the internal decision making process of Israel ESPECIALLY when the issue of their national survival is at stake. We should not risk Israel's national security just because we think we know better. The US is a Superpower in the decline, and should not take risks with others interests in assets when we have been so very wrong in the past. I am an alumni of The Ohio State. I cheer for the Buckeyes every game. I contribute to The Team. But I don't intervene in the strategy and plays. If the US is going to be an Ally, then be an Ally. But don't intervene.
WHY? Why must the current administration with so little time left make a very last minute decision to intervene? Why must the US act before a change in presidents?

The very idea to go in at the minute of the game and make critical changes for which the new administration might have to live with indefinitely. There are some things that are irrevocable. If the current administration make even a minor adjustment, like the recognition of the Palestinians, under current customary international law, recognition is unconditional and irrevocable. The new administration can not just say it revokes that decision (too late). With all due respect, what the former President is suggesting is totally inappropriate; and could be considered interference with foreign affairs of the next administration. IF any action is so imperative and critical to the interest of our nation that the current administration need to double time out to New York and take action now --- THEN --- the current administration should have taken it long before now. But, we know the current administration is not now, nor has it been guilty of a failure to perform an act that is required by law or in the national security interest.
We've discussed the whole US Security Council Resolution 242 issue and what the authors had to say about it. AGAIN --- IF the US is an ally of Israel, THEN the right thing to do is support Israel. IF the US and the former President wish to undermine Israel and its national security, THEN the US should openly announce its lack of support so that the US domestic constituent know what the policy is and exact how much it means to be an ally of the US.

America has to take it stand and hold it. America should not care one whip if 139 countries believe this or that. What matters is the question of if we are going to trade our good word and reputation --- abandoning the highest rated nation on the Human Development Index (#18) -- higher than any Arab League nation (even the oil rich nations), the highest in the entire Region, ONLY to replace with a nation that has not been able to support itself since the end of the Great War.

I could write for hours on this subject, but the issue is, who are we and what do we stand for. Do we support the Jihadist, Deadly Fedayeen, Hostile Insurgent, Radicalized Islamist, and Asymmetric Fighters? --- OR --- Do we support, help protect and extend our hand to the only Jewish Nation in the world darkness the darkness spread by the likes of the Islamic Resistance Movement and those that distinguished themselves and defined terrorism with their attack on the Olympic Village in Munich.

We have to take a stand.

Most Respectfully,
R
Appease Porridge With Peanuts

President Jimmy Crack Corn also supported the jihadi takeover in Iran until it backfired on him.

No, the question is why we supported the ethnic cleansing and theft of land from native Christians and Muslims of Palestine to the benefit of European invaders. The Human Development Index for Israel does not include the people they rule in the occupied territories.
Israel Is the Civilized World's Shield

After the centuries-long Turk-led caliphate was defeated in World War I, the Allies established the Jewish Homeland in defeated Turkey's empire to act as a decoy to the inevitable next jihad.

Of course they want peace. However, their version of peace is all of Palestine without the Palestinians. It has been like that for a hundred years.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities ... by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Historical Evidence:
  • Israel has a significant Arab minority and did not ethnically cleanse itself of Arabs
  • The Jewish people have been ethnically cleansed from every single surrounding ME nation

Current Evidence:
  • The PA and Arab League demand, as a pre-condition to negotiation, the ethnic cleansing of all Jews from "Palestinian land"
Not true but carry on.

Reference:
America Must Recognize Palestine
By JIMMY CARTER NOV. 28, 2016

ForeverYoung436, et al,

The (former) President (Carter), speaks eloquently as he always has. Yet I find it very unconvincing in many respects.

What do y'all think of it? Agree or Disagree?
(COMMENT)

I see that the Former President express a compound idea, that is challengeable from the outset.

• That the US has any business attempting to shape the outcome of the conflict.
• The the vacating administration should attempt to induce some change, before the next administration assume the office.

WHY? Why does the US even have to shape the outcome? This is never answered.

Israel is an ally. If the US wants to give Israel's opponent the advantage, then we should switch sides. But if the US is going to remain an Ally to Israel, then the US should not even suggest something that might undermine Israel. In this conflict, the political and diplomatic position for either side is essentially a domestic issue for which the internal political process for to gripe. The US should not be in the business of intervening in the internal decision making process of Israel ESPECIALLY when the issue of their national survival is at stake. We should not risk Israel's national security just because we think we know better. The US is a Superpower in the decline, and should not take risks with others interests in assets when we have been so very wrong in the past. I am an alumni of The Ohio State. I cheer for the Buckeyes every game. I contribute to The Team. But I don't intervene in the strategy and plays. If the US is going to be an Ally, then be an Ally. But don't intervene.
WHY? Why must the current administration with so little time left make a very last minute decision to intervene? Why must the US act before a change in presidents?

The very idea to go in at the minute of the game and make critical changes for which the new administration might have to live with indefinitely. There are some things that are irrevocable. If the current administration make even a minor adjustment, like the recognition of the Palestinians, under current customary international law, recognition is unconditional and irrevocable. The new administration can not just say it revokes that decision (too late). With all due respect, what the former President is suggesting is totally inappropriate; and could be considered interference with foreign affairs of the next administration. IF any action is so imperative and critical to the interest of our nation that the current administration need to double time out to New York and take action now --- THEN --- the current administration should have taken it long before now. But, we know the current administration is not now, nor has it been guilty of a failure to perform an act that is required by law or in the national security interest.
We've discussed the whole US Security Council Resolution 242 issue and what the authors had to say about it. AGAIN --- IF the US is an ally of Israel, THEN the right thing to do is support Israel. IF the US and the former President wish to undermine Israel and its national security, THEN the US should openly announce its lack of support so that the US domestic constituent know what the policy is and exact how much it means to be an ally of the US.

America has to take it stand and hold it. America should not care one whip if 139 countries believe this or that. What matters is the question of if we are going to trade our good word and reputation --- abandoning the highest rated nation on the Human Development Index (#18) -- higher than any Arab League nation (even the oil rich nations), the highest in the entire Region, ONLY to replace with a nation that has not been able to support itself since the end of the Great War.

I could write for hours on this subject, but the issue is, who are we and what do we stand for. Do we support the Jihadist, Deadly Fedayeen, Hostile Insurgent, Radicalized Islamist, and Asymmetric Fighters? --- OR --- Do we support, help protect and extend our hand to the only Jewish Nation in the world darkness the darkness spread by the likes of the Islamic Resistance Movement and those that distinguished themselves and defined terrorism with their attack on the Olympic Village in Munich.

We have to take a stand.

Most Respectfully,
R

That's quintessentially the problem, America HAS interfered since at least 1967 in support of it's "ally" and attempted to "shape the outcome of the conflict" in that "ally's" favour. All recognition of Palestine would achieve, is that America would join the 136 other member states of the U.N. who already do recognise the state of Palestine and that would spur the remaining 57 states to do the same. That at least, will level the playing field somewhat.

As for the scaremongering comments on Zionist Israel's "national survival" being at stake, that's manifestly ridiculous, along with the blatently Islamophobic ramblings of our friend Rocco R.

If Zionist Isreal really wanted peace it could have achieved it decades ago, had it not been bolstered by it's US ally, such misguided support encouraged it to flout or ignore international law, and made the US hated and ridiculed in the Muslim world.

Had America poured in so much aid to every other country in the region they'd all be rated similarly on Rocco R's favourite yardstick, the Human Development Index.
Shun, Gag, and Deport

All America should put those who still indulge in 9/10 thinking on Ignore.

Historical Evidence:

Current Evidence:
Not true but carry on.

Translation: I have no logical argument to counter those points.

Challenger, et al,

I have made those explanations many times in the past.

Challenger, et al,

First, let me address the sensitivity in the numerical difference and scale.

(COMMENT)

There are many many scales that use very small numbers, the slight difference of which, make a huge difference.

My favorite is the measurement, in Farads, of "Capacitance" which is related to the storage of electrical charge. The chart that is attached, shows the commonly available capacitor values. You will not that the values are very small, measured in terms of pico-farads (pF) and micro-farads (µF).
This scale takes you through the most common values from one-trillionth to 10,000 millionths (1-one hundredth).
As you can see, the difference between the highest and the lowest is a very small number. Yet the swing can make a huge difference in the real world.

In an LC Circuit with a Capacitor of 10,000 µF and an Inductor of 10 Micro-henries = a
resonant Frequency of 15.9KHz. If the Capacitance is change to 10 Pico-Farads = the Resonant Frequency changed to 15.9MHz. The Local Oscillator frequency for a standard FM Radio is 10.7MHz. That would be a Capacitance of ≈ 22 pF.

Your argument might fool someone that has no math skill and no familiarity with scalar functions; but not for very long. What you are doing is merely an attempt to discredit an otherwise sound and valid data source.

Most Respectfully,
R

Had you explained the meaning of the variations in the index, I might have been impressed, but this rambling post is meaningless when it comes to answering my points:
  • Wealth has nothing to do with the Human Development Index.
  • Norway on the other hand is ranked #1, what technological, medical and agricultural accomplishments has Norway had compared with the Zionist state?
(COMMENT)

That is absolutely correct. Wealth, while giving an advantage, does not dictate the outcome of the ranking. It does not change the facts of the rating or the actually outcomes.

There are about 15 Million Jews World-wide. There are over 400 Million Arabs. One of the areas that effect the HDI is Education and Scientific Development. That is 0.2% of the world's population, the Jewish People have been awarded 22 percent of Nobel Prizes.

Now this is and example of how wealth plays into the Education and Scientific Development.

Only a dozen of the Nobel Award have gone to the 400 Million Arabs. And only three of the awards were in science. Two were in Literature, and the remainder were Peace Prizes.

Even Norway makes a better showing in research and development.

Most Respectfully,
R
Nobel has a narrow scope. Most people (many excellent people) fall outside of that small circle. Many people who are changing the world go unnoticed.

Yet you would expect the arab muslims to have a better showing on demographics alone. Is this because demographics by themselves are not able to produce the numbers. Could it be the lack of intelligence and education that has led to the poor showing ?
You really shouldn't put racism in all of your posts. You would be more credible if you would stop doing that.

Where have I mentioned racism then ? Or do you mean the truth that is proven that shows the arab muslims to be inferior to the rest of the world ?

Historical Evidence:

Current Evidence:
Not true but carry on.

WRONG it is very true and you are failing to prove otherwise

Historical Evidence:

Current Evidence:
Zionist Hasbara at it's best, deny everything and blame the victims. The evidence for the Zionist ethnic cleansing is overwhelming, except to the "deniers" and so is the evidence of Zionist scaremongering that helped to persuade many native Jewish people in other ME countries to leave. Yes, there were anti Jewish riots as well, but they were mainly as a result of the universal outrage felt in those countries because of what the Zionists did to the Palestinians.

No discussion? Really? Nearly half of Jewish Israelis want to expel Arabs, survey shows
Oh, and the PA wants the illigal settlement contruction to stop before they return to the negotiation table, something the Zionists refuse to do because any prospect of real peace would mean they couldn't keep on stealing Palestinian land.

Challenger, et al,

Challenger, et al,

Wealth has nothing to do with the Human Development Index as rambling RoccoR will probably tell you. In any event just looking at "league tables" won't tell the whole story, yes Zionist Israel is ranked #18 with an index of 0.894, but the nearest Arab country, Qatar has an index score of 0.850, a difference of 0.044, but is ranked #32 and France with a score of 0.888, a mere 0.006 difference is ranked #22. Norway on the other hand is ranked #1, what technological, medical and agricultural accomplishments has Norway had compared with the Zionist state?

http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/2015_human_development_report.pdf
(COMMENT)

There are many many scales that use very small numbers, the slight difference of which, make a huge difference.

My favorite is the measurement, in Farads, of "Capacitance" which is related to the storage of electrical charge. The chart that is attached, shows the commonly available capacitor values. You will not that the values are very small, measured in terms of pico-farads (pF) and micro-farads (µF).
This scale takes you through the most common values from one-trillionth to 10,000 millionths (1-one hundredth).
As you can see, the difference between the highest and the lowest is a very small number. Yet the swing can make a huge difference in the real world.

In an LC Circuit with a Capacitor of 10,000 µF and an Inductor of 10 Micro-henries = a
resonant Frequency of 15.9KHz. If the Capacitance is change to 10 Pico-Farads = the Resonant Frequency changed to 15.9MHz. The Local Oscillator frequency for a standard FM Radio is 10.7MHz. That would be a Capacitance of ≈ 22 pF.

Your argument might fool someone that has no math skill and no familiarity with scalar functions; but not for very long. What you are doing is merely an attempt to discredit an otherwise sound and valid data source.

Most Respectfully,
R

Had you explained the meaning of the variations in the index, I might have been impressed, but this rambling post is meaningless when it comes to answering my points:
  • Norway on the other hand is ranked #1, what technological, medical and agricultural accomplishments has Norway had compared with the Zionist state?
(COMMENT)

That is absolutely correct. Wealth, while giving an advantage, does not dictate the outcome of the ranking. It does not change the facts of the rating or the actually outcomes.

There are about 15 Million Jews World-wide. There are over 400 Million Arabs. One of the areas that effect the HDI is Education and Scientific Development. That is 0.2% of the world's population, the Jewish People have been awarded 22 percent of Nobel Prizes.

Now this is and example of how wealth plays into the Education and Scientific Development.

Only a dozen of the Nobel Award have gone to the 400 Million Arabs. And only three of the awards were in science. Two were in Literature, and the remainder were Peace Prizes.

Most Respectfully,
R
I think you'll find that they were native French, German, British, etc. Some of whom adhered towards the religion of Judaism others who didn't but all have been appropriated into the Zionist myth-history of a "Jewish People".

Challenger, et al,

Challenger, et al,

Wealth has nothing to do with the Human Development Index as rambling RoccoR will probably tell you. In any event just looking at "league tables" won't tell the whole story, yes Zionist Israel is ranked #18 with an index of 0.894, but the nearest Arab country, Qatar has an index score of 0.850, a difference of 0.044, but is ranked #32 and France with a score of 0.888, a mere 0.006 difference is ranked #22. Norway on the other hand is ranked #1, what technological, medical and agricultural accomplishments has Norway had compared with the Zionist state?

http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/2015_human_development_report.pdf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I think you'll find that they were native French, German, British, etc. Some of whom adhered towards the religion of Judaism others who didn't but all have been appropriated into the Zionist myth-history of a "Jewish People".
Right, and for those with little knowledge of history, denying a Jewish history in the Middle East is a convenient tactic to promote their affliction of IJH.

Historical Evidence:

Current Evidence:
Zionist Hasbara at it's best, deny everything and blame the victims. The evidence for the Zionist ethnic cleansing is overwhelming, except to the "deniers" and so is the evidence of Zionist scaremongering that helped to persuade many native Jewish people in other ME countries to leave. Yes, there were anti Jewish riots as well, but they were mainly as a result of the universal outrage felt in those countries because of what the Zionists did to the Palestinians.

No discussion? Really? Nearly half of Jewish Israelis want to expel Arabs, survey shows
Oh, and the PA wants the illigal settlement contruction to stop before they return to the negotiation table, something the Zionists refuse to do because any prospect of real peace would mean they couldn't keep on stealing Palestinian land.

If it is so overwhelming then why hasnt the UN demanded the ICC/ICJ take up the case and bring charges against individuals ?

Explain again when the land was granted to the arab muslims under international law, you know like the Jews were granted 22% of palestine as their National Home by the lands legal owners in 1922 ?

The evidence for ethnic cleansing is no where near "overwhelming" most obviously because Arabs still live in Israel! In contrast, there are almost no Jewish people living in any of the ME countries surrounding Israel, including Gaza. The proof is in the pudding. Plain and simple.

Its a poll. Its not any serious discussion of transferring the Arab population. The only serious discussion, worldwide, of ethnic cleansing is the removal of Jewish people from the West Bank.

And yes, the PA wants settlement construction to stop. Why? Because they refuse to envision a Palestinian State which has (gasp!) Jews in it. That is the problem at its core. The PA insist upon a Jew-free State -- that is, a State which has been ethnically cleansed of all Jews.

Yes, there were anti Jewish riots as well, but they were mainly as a result of the universal outrage felt in those countries because of what the Zionists did to the Palestinians.

And you should be outraged that all of these countries expelled their own citizens (natives of those countries, according to you). Why aren't you outraged at that?

Is being pissy at people in another country enough of a reason to collectively punish everyone from that religious or ethnic group?

Strange policy if they wanted to expel the Jews. LOL

"September 10, 1959

JERUSALEM (Sep. 9)

Despite powerful barriers against emigration, at least half of Morocco’s 200,000 Jews want to come to Israel to join families here, it was learned reliably today. Since the establishment of Israel, about 120,000 Moroccan Jews have come here....."

Half of Morocco’s Remaining Jews Would Emigrate if They Could

"September 10, 1959

JERUSALEM (Sep. 9)

Despite powerful barriers against emigration, at least half of Morocco’s 200,000 Jews want to come to Israel to join families here, it was learned reliably today. Since the establishment of Israel, about 120,000 Moroccan Jews have come here....."

An article from 1959?

Hilarious. You're scouring the web for decades old articles to cut and paste.

"September 10, 1959

JERUSALEM (Sep. 9)

An article from 1959?

Scouring? Facts are available directly from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA). How can you hope to be credible when you don't have the vaguest idea as to where the facts are?

"September 10, 1959

JERUSALEM (Sep. 9)

An article from 1959?

Scouring? Facts are available directly from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA). How can you hope to be credible when you don't have the vaguest idea as to where the facts are?

I just find it hilarious that you spend enormous amounts of time feverishly scouring the web for decades old articles to cut and paste when those articles serve no relevant purpose.

The problem is that most of it goes way over your head. The facts are readily available, no scouring necessary.

Forum List

Back