Carter wins release of man from North Korea

Carter returning from North Korea with detained American – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Why is it that only former Democrats go on these humanitarian missions? Clinton was the last to win a release.

G.H.W. Bush does plenty of humanitarian things, so does his wife. Just not ones it seems involving bringing back people imprisoned in other countries.

G.W Bush also does humanitarian things, but they are often muted, as he is following the tradition of a former president not trying to overshadow the newly elected one, especially during thier first term.

Carter returning from North Korea with detained American – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Why is it that only former Democrats go on these humanitarian missions? Clinton was the last to win a release.

Because those idiots are the only ones willing to negotiate with dictators. I'd of let the man do his time, after all he did the crime.

That about sums it up.

I wonder what Carter gave away to secure his release.

LOL!!! What would he have to give up?

Because those idiots are the only ones willing to negotiate with dictators. I'd of let the man do his time, after all he did the crime.
You would side with the North Koreans just to make President Carter and other Democrats look bad?

What does this tell us about your real motives here? That laying down with dogs (the North Koreans) doesn't really result in getting up with fleas is those fleas help scratch a partisan itch?

You would side with the North Koreans just to make President Carter and other Democrats look bad?

What does this tell us about your real motives here? That laying down with dogs (the North Koreans) doesn't really result in getting up with fleas is those fleas help scratch a partisan itch?

They achieve looking bad with absolutely no assistance whatsoever.

The repubes only care about people before they're born. After that, it's "fuck 'em".

Unless of course they're wealthy. Then it's suck up time.

Last edited:

That about sums it up.

He gave Kim credibility by negotiating with him.

Former presidents have been fulfilling these kinds of roles and missions for a mighty long time.

Trying to make this into a partisan issue indicates how completely clueless many of you folks really are when it comes to international politics.

They achieve looking bad with absolutely no assistance whatsoever.
And winning freedom for someone in a North Korean prison amkes them look bad?

Golly! I thought to look bad someone had to start a war without first paying for it or sell arms to the Iranians or create an "Enemy List"!

Who'd a thunk a prisoner released from a North Korean prison could be such a bad thing?

That's what happens when you talk as opposed to having a "Yosemite Sam" attitude toward others. Say what you want about Carter but he has done what few others have done;from getting Egypt and Israel to stop feuding to this.

I would side with not negotiating with dictators and I'd let a man that committed a crime serve out his punishment.

That about sums it up.

He gave Kim credibility by negotiating with him.

Former presidents have been fulfilling these kinds of roles and missions for a mighty long time.

Trying to make this into a partisan issue indicates how completely clueless many of you folks really are when it comes to international politics.

Kim wasn't even there, he was in China.

I would side with not negotiating with dictators and I'd let a man that committed a crime serve out his punishment.
So, by your rationale, such as it is, all Americans imprisoned by dictators anywhere in the world must suffer their fate without intervention or diplomatic effort to release them. No matter what the crime, no matter what the punishment, the concept of negotiation with dictators takes precedence over human rights or the safety of imprisoned American citizens. That about sums it up, right?

Forum List

Back