Carter says Democratic Party needs to be pro life

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Anyone think that Obama will listen to him?

“I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions and that was one of the problems I had when I was president, having to uphold Roe v. Wade. And I did everything I could to minimize the need for abortions. I made it easy to adopt children, for instance, that were unwanted and also initiated the program called Women and Infant Children, or WIC program, that’s still in existence now. But except for the times when a mother’s life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest I would certainly not or never have approved of any abortions… “I’ve signed a public letter calling for the Democratic Party at the next convention to espouse my position on abortion which is to minimize the need, requirement for abortion and limit it only to women whose life are in danger or who are pregnant as a result of rape or incest. I think if the Democratic Party would adopt that policy that would be acceptable to a lot of people who are now estranged from our party because of the abortion issue.”
The Laura Ingraham Show - Pres. Jimmy Carter: Dems should be more pro-life - YouTube

Anyone think that Obama will listen to him?

“I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions and that was one of the problems I had when I was president, having to uphold Roe v. Wade. And I did everything I could to minimize the need for abortions. I made it easy to adopt children, for instance, that were unwanted and also initiated the program called Women and Infant Children, or WIC program, that’s still in existence now. But except for the times when a mother’s life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest I would certainly not or never have approved of any abortions… “I’ve signed a public letter calling for the Democratic Party at the next convention to espouse my position on abortion which is to minimize the need, requirement for abortion and limit it only to women whose life are in danger or who are pregnant as a result of rape or incest. I think if the Democratic Party would adopt that policy that would be acceptable to a lot of people who are now estranged from our party because of the abortion issue.”
The Laura Ingraham Show - Pres. Jimmy Carter: Dems should be more pro-life - YouTube

no.

carter should stick to building houses for poor people.

So, in other words...Carter now wants the Democrat to LIE to American people..

Most Dems I know are pro life...

perhaps for themselves, but they aren't ranting and raving to try to obstruct someone else's choice or to impose their morality on others. yes?

You're pro life...By that I mean, you don't like abortions, and you certainly not pro death.

The right-wing and religious whackos believe that if you are pro choice you must hate babies and love death.

Nothing is further from the truth

perhaps for themselves, but they aren't ranting and raving to try to obstruct someone else's choice or to impose their morality on others. yes?

You're pro life...By that I mean, you don't like abortions, and you certainly not pro death.

The right-wing and religious whackos believe that if you are pro choice you must hate babies and love death.

Aren't you one of the people that tried to tell me that no one is pro abortion?

Democrats are pro life. They aren't the party of "let him die". Republicans only care about children all the way up until birth. Shortly after birth they lose interest. Some even say, "Let them starve".

Democrats are pro life. They aren't the party of "let him die". Republicans only care about children all the way up until birth. Shortly after birth they lose interest. Some even say, "Let them starve".

And that essentially for political purposes in most cases.

We are prolife. When a child is born, we believe that if the parents aren't able to feed him, it's in the best interest of society to help them. We believe that war ought to be a last resort, and really understand what "collateral damage" means.

ideally, abortion is readily available and rarely done.

but no, no want wants to see pregancies have to be terminated. we just don't want anyone imposing their morality on us.

besides, the pretend pro lifers aren't really pro life... grump's right. they're pro birth.

ah... fair enough. and absolutely correct.

Can you explain Santorum's children? Palin's? Bachmann's?

ideally, abortion is readily available and rarely done.

but no, no want wants to see pregancies have to be terminated. we just don't want anyone imposing their morality on us.

besides, the pretend pro lifers aren't really pro life... grump's right. they're pro birth.

Of course that is your position. The part I don't get is why you think it is OK to impose your morality on others if you actually believe the way you say you do.

Could it be that you are lying?

Forum List

Back