Carson Palmer traded to Oakland

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
You might want to pick him up off the free agent wire for your fantasy team before somebody else does.

Oakland gave up next year's #1 and 2013's #2 that is conditional and could be upgraded to the #1. That's a very high price for a 31 yr old QB who may or may not have much left in his arm. I thought Al Davis was dead, how'd he do this from beyond the grave? Maybe it's somethin' in the water, this is a bad deal for Oakland.

• Banned
Oakland gave up next year's #1 and 2013's #2 that is conditional and could be upgraded to the #1. That's a very high price for a 31 yr old QB who may or may not have much left in his arm. I thought Al Davis was dead, how'd he do this from beyond the grave? Maybe it's somethin' in the water, this is a bad deal for Oakland.

They're just going all in for this year. It might work for them, it might not. But I'll take Palmer over Boller any day of the the week and thrice on Sunday. :thup:

They're just going all in for this year. It might work for them, it might not. But I'll take Palmer over Boller any day of the the week and thrice on Sunday. :thup:

So would I, but not at that price. It's not like they're superbowl contenders, their defense is 28th in the league. You don't give up that much for a shot at just making the playoffs.

Obviously, the trade is a tribute to Al.

I'd rather have Boller and my next two first rounders than a guy who was never right after a major knee injury.

They MIGHT win a playoff game this year and that's it.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I scooped up Palmer off the wire.

Now I have to decide if I start him this week or wait on it. :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back