Cars

The ClayTaurus said:
Sorry pops, you don't get to tell me what to do. My boss assigns me work and a deadline, and so long as I meet or beat that deadline, everything is Kosher. Cute way to avoid answering the question, however.

go back a few posts with me and NO#1...and I surely would hate to use any equipment you produced..and am really worried about the contractor you work for! Ya spend way too much time in here to produce a quality product! :2guns:

archangel said:
go back a few posts with me and NO#1...and I surely would hate to use any equipment you produced..and am really worried about the contractor you work for! Ya spend way too much time in here to produce a quality product! :2guns:

With the logic (or lack there of) that you use in your posts, I'm worried about every single thing you ever worked on in your life. You have no idea about the quality of product I put out, or even how the company I work for operates. And I don't know why anyone would even be concerned with your opinion of my work, because you can't even differentiate between "your" and "you're" in half your posts. I know I know, stop using my brain so much and use my heart more.

Don't worry so much, you're land-locked in Nevada, so you can rest easy knowing that my shoddy work will never affect you.

The true sign of someone who feels threatened is to attack their opponent on totally unrelated issues to somehow divert the attention away from the original point. You're incapable of holding any kind of a debate without reverting to some sort of sub-plot to get you banned from the board or bringing in something entirely unrelated (such as my job performance) to distract. It's pathetic, and everyone sees through it.

The ClayTaurus said:
With the logic (or lack there of) that you use in your posts, I'm worried about every single thing you ever worked on in your life. You have no idea about the quality of product I put out, or even how the company I work for operates. And I don't know why anyone would even be concerned with your opinion of my work, because you can't even differentiate between "your" and "you're" in half your posts. I know I know, stop using my brain so much and use my heart more.

Don't worry so much, you're land-locked in Nevada, so you can rest easy knowing that my shoddy work will never affect you.

The true sign of someone who feels threatened is to attack their opponent on totally unrelated issues to somehow divert the attention away from the original point. You're incapable of holding any kind of a debate without reverting to some sort of sub-plot to get you banned from the board or bringing in something entirely unrelated (such as my job performance) to distract. It's pathetic, and everyone sees through it.

'you' are hopeless...hows that?...not as confusing as your or you're...now back to work with ya! :laugh:

archangel said:
'you' are hopeless...hows that?...not as confusing as your or you're...now back to work with ya! :laugh:

I am working; it's called multi-tasking. Now back to Bud Light and solitude for ya! :laugh:

The ClayTaurus said:
I am working; it's called multi-tasking. Now back to Bud Light and solitude for ya! :laugh:

not hardly..if ya even noticed I am in and out of here!...sometimes for many hours at a time..it is nice being retired though...I don't cheat my employer on wages...and the bud light comment is really getting old...I only used it previously for humors sake...ya are beating a dead horse once again!

archangel said:
not hardly..if ya even noticed I am in and out of here!...sometimes for many hours at a time..it is nice being retired though...I don't cheat my employer on wages...and the bud light comment is really getting old...I only used it previously for humors sake...ya are beating a dead horse once again!

I'm beating a dead horse because the dead horse won't shut up.

Mr. P said:
Not yet..She's in a 99 beetle now..we'll see.

I owned two of them when younger...my Dad traded me a 67VW...was a kid though and could not resist tricking it out...Custom paint...British Racing Green with pin strips..chrome reverse rims..and boring the old engine out to 1800cc's with twin carbs...keep a close watch on her...kids will be kids... :laugh:

archangel said:
I owned two of them when younger...my Dad traded me a 67VW...was a kid though and could not resist tricking it out...Custom paint...British Racing Green with pin strips..chrome reverse rims..and boring the old engine out to 1800cc's with twin carbs...keep a close watch on her...kids will be kids... :laugh:

I too had a 67 beetle, great car, ran he crap out of it and traded it for a 66 Spitfire.
My niece has had 2 of the new beetles, the first one took a huge hit from a woman that ran a red light. She and her friend both walked away but the car was totaled. She upgraded to another with a turbo. Great car but a lot of little bs problems(electric window motor, lights shorting out) but overall she loves it and looks great in it too. It's basically a jetta with a bubble body(more personality) and great crash test numbers. Front wheel drive also for snow.

archangel said:
Super-chargers are designed to increase horse power

Yes, yes they are.

archangel said:
at high altitudes or high speeds

Yep...or low altitudes or low speeds or any place you might find oxygen

archangel said:
...they are designed to kick in when more air to fuel ratio is needed...

Umm... no. First, they don't 'kick in'. Second, they don't provide 'more air to fuel ratio', they provide more air. It's up to the fueling system to provide extra fuel.

archangel said:
which is at high altitudes or high speeds...

Yep...or low altitudes or low speeds or any place you might find oxygen

archangel said:
they are a great sales gimmick and are quite expensive...

Yep. They do help sell cars. I know I'd buy a car with a supercharger. Expensive is a relative term.

archangel said:
so unless you want to race or live in the Rockies...forget it it will not help you!

or if you live any place that has oxygen... or want to tow something... or if you're an acceleration junkie... or...

Define "help you"?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
archangel said:
who love to show off and Red-Line on every shift...they are a mechanics wet dream.....!

How so? These aren't your grandpar... er... the cars you grew up with. The redline fuel and/or ignition cut on modern vehicles is there to insure that piston speeds remain low enough as to not damage the engine.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
You dug up this old thread not to debate...but to dogpile.....Mechanics are akin to Doctors...we all have our opinions!

archangel said:
You dug up this old thread not to debate...but to dogpile.....Mechanics are akin to Doctors...we all have our opinions!

Old thread! wow. I saw you reply and was hoping you were attempting to reconcile...guess not.

:)

archangel said:
When you are so blatantly incorrect, a dogpile is completely reasonable. "We all have our opinions" is not a viable explanation for something you said. It's a cop out, the equivalent of "I can't prove what I just spouted out, but I'm too shallow to admit fault."

When the doctor amputates your leg when he was supposed to remove your wisdom teeth, it's nice to know that "We all have our opinions" will suffice, for you, as a reasonable explanation for the mix up.

misterblu said:
The redline fuel and/or ignition cut on modern vehicles is there to insure that piston speeds remain low enough as to not damage the engine.

*cough*...to ensure the speed of engine internals .... ;)

Forum List

Back