Cars

The ClayTaurus said:
Handling and breaking only gives you an advantage if you are skilled enough to properly use them, and at 16, the miata would be a death trap.

She's '17' - but there's nothing she'll need to learn she couldn't learn in an afternoon or too at a local track day, or lapping day. I'd say Road Atlanta would be the venue...Attach to a local car group...go out and TEACH her to control the car.

I know my kids will be on the track as soon as they can reach the pedals...and junk.

dmp said:
She's '17' - but there's nothing she'll need to learn she couldn't learn in an afternoon or too at a local track day, or lapping day. I'd say Road Atlanta would be the venue...Attach to a local car group...go out and TEACH her to control the car.

I know my kids will be on the track as soon as they can reach the pedals...and junk.

I guess everyone learns differently.

dmp said:
...but I'd bet 'everyone' can learn to control their car during panic situations in ONE track or lapping day. :)
pay for me and I'll tell you my conclusion at the end of the day ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't drink lattes :( I have rx-8 gas to pay for :(

right...at least you have a fine car with which to dream about track days. Some folks mention 12-13mpg over the course of a track day. Heck, some guys get that poor of mileage on the street! :(

I'm right about 18-19mpg, mixed driving, usually, athough only have managed 17 since my MSFlywheel. Go figure.

dmp said:
right...at least you have a fine car with which to dream about track days. Some folks mention 12-13mpg over the course of a track day. Heck, some guys get that poor of mileage on the street! :(

I'm right about 18-19mpg, mixed driving, usually, athough only have managed 17 since my MSFlywheel. Go figure.

I'm getting 22, but I only redline about once a day to clear out the junk.

Mr. P said:
Heck I'd like to go to Road Atlanta and work this 350Z someday.
Much more go than my old 280Z had, it seems.
What color?

The new commercial for the Z is badass.

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm getting 22, but I only redline about once a day to clear out the junk.

Since the flywheel, I redline about 6 times a day...thru first, and thru 2nd, then back off by third.

:naughty:

:)

Mr. P said:
What speed does that get D? Ist to 2nd redline..??

Redline (~9000-9200 rpms just before 9400 rpm fuel cut) in 2nd gear is just about 65mph...Redline for a 350Z is about 7k, if I recall. Big displacement engines (yours) don't have to rev as high as TINY displacement (mine is a 1.3L) engines.

For me, the choice between the two came down to 'four-doors/seats'. :(

The ClayTaurus said:
Did you just get it? If so, congrats.
Actually no..it's the wifes’ car..I seldom drive it. Visibility SUCKS in the car, I hate that. But, if she doesn't drive it I play a bit.

It's an automatic but, Nissan did something with the transmission. It has a Manual position (not the D, 1, 2, 3 you see on most auto trans). You can shift like any standard manual without the clutch, really cool..

dmp said:
Redline (~9000-9200 rpmsjust before 9400 rpm fuel cut) in 2nd gear is just about 65mph...Redline for a 350Z is about 7k, if I recall. Big displacement engines (yours) don't have to rev as high as TINY displacement (mine is a 1.3L) engines.

For me, the choice between the two came down to 'four-doors/seats'. :(
Yer right I just looked, it's less than 9k..maybe I should read the book. Nahhh
If lights flash I'll let off, but something tells me I NEVER see that..

Mr. P said:
Yer right I just looked, it's less than 9k..maybe I should read the book. Nahhh
If lights flash I'll let off, but something tells me I NEVER see that..

We get an audible 'beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep' at 8500 telling us 'shift, fool!'

:)

If you have good speakers on your PC, and you listen closely, you can hear the 'beep' under the music I'm playing.

http://www.d-mphotos.com/movies/rx8101.wmv

Forum List

Back