Carrying Citizenship card at all times.

Asking for identification is not an unreasonable search or request when made by law enforcement officials if you have to cross paths with them while they are working.

I disagree. Unless supported by probable cause or a search warrant I think even asking for your identification papers is unreasonable and therefore unconstitutional (not that law makers and police forces care wtf I think).

So are you saying when you are pulled over you shouldnt have to show id or when you are using your crdit card or when you are buying alcohol or cigaretts? I think its perfectly reasonable if you dont have anything to hide you shouldnt care if it supports the law. Im not saying they are coming into your house they are looking at a card which they alread do.

To drive a car you must have a drivers license. I do think it's reasonable to ask for proof of age when purchasing legal drugs. I just think it is unreasonable for the police to be able ask for your ID at any time.

Asking for identification is not an unreasonable search or request when made by law enforcement officials if you have to cross paths with them while they are working.

I disagree. Unless supported by probable cause or a search warrant I think even asking for your identification papers is unreasonable and therefore unconstitutional (not that law makers and police forces care wtf I think).

The way I put it was that if you did something that the police had to interact with you in their work capacity then its not unreasonable......ie speeding, stealing, fighting, public intoxication, car accident........i wasn't saying a cop walking by you on the sidewalk should be able to stop and say "give me your ID" for no reason.

I should have been more clear.

No problem. Those of course fall under probable cause. So I agree with you. :razz:

New Topics

Forum List

Back