Carry your papers with you!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"As I write, I have my papers on me – and not just because I’m in Arizona. I’m an immigrant, and it is a condition of my admission to this great land that I carry documentary proof of my residency status with me at all times and be prepared to produce it to law enforcement officials, whether on a business trip to Tucson or taking a 20-minute stroll in the woods back at my pad in New Hampshire."

Who would impose such an outrageous Nazi fascist discriminatory law? :eek:

Er, well, that would be Franklin Roosevelt.

Franklin Roosevelt's 'New Deal' Immigration Laws - The Philadelphia Bulletin Archives

"As I write, I have my papers on me – and not just because I’m in Arizona. I’m an immigrant, and it is a condition of my admission to this great land that I carry documentary proof of my residency status with me at all times and be prepared to produce it to law enforcement officials, whether on a business trip to Tucson or taking a 20-minute stroll in the woods back at my pad in New Hampshire."

Who would impose such an outrageous Nazi fascist discriminatory law? :eek:

Er, well, that would be Franklin Roosevelt.

Franklin Roosevelt's 'New Deal' Immigration Laws - The Philadelphia Bulletin Archives
Wow! Another idiot fighting for the title of House Dufus?

Talk about taking things out of context, but okay...

FDR tried to stack the courts and liberals and Democrats were outraged and handed him a defeat.

:eek:

All people, immigrant or US citizen, must carry their "papers". US citizens must have in their possession by state laws their state driver's license for purpose of identification. When a person cannot recieve a valid DL due to criminal record or driving suspensions, the state DMV issues an ID-only card, same as a DL, except it will read "ID ONLY" rather than "Class D Driver's License" etc. Absent a DL, all US citizens by state law must have these in possesion.

Thankfully, cops use logic and rarely arrest or charge anyone for not having an ID because the NCIC computer system can confirm a person's identity by providing name a date of birth to the dispatcher, and the online DMV records will confirm that persons identity. So, with no ID, if a cop asks name and date of birth, he can ID you and you can move on. Failing to provide any ID info at all can land you in the booking room under "John Doe" until you can confirm proper identity.

This process is necessary so people with outstanding warrants can be caught rather than them just refusing to provide any name or info.

So, lefties should stop whining about "papers", as all humans inside our borders, by already standing law, are required to have papers or identification on them at all times.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Oh gosh, oh golly gee. a real country with real borders toto..

Immigrants should be required to carry their papers on them at all times. So what? Citizens do not by law have to do so. Good luck to anybody who thinks they can reliably spot an illegal immigrant, from a legal one or a citizen, all the time.

As a citizen I have the right to walk the streets of my country without having to prove I'm a citizen. That right is more sacrosanct than any imagined health care right.

All people, immigrant or US citizen, must carry their "papers". US citizens must have in their possession by state laws their state driver's license for purpose of identification. When a person cannot recieve a valid DL due to criminal record or driving suspensions, the state DMV issues an ID-only card, same as a DL, except it will read "ID ONLY" rather than "Class D Driver's License" etc. Absent a DL, all US citizens by state law must have these in possesion.

Thankfully, cops use logic and rarely arrest or charge anyone for not having an ID because the NCIC computer system can confirm a person's identity by providing name a date of birth to the dispatcher, and the online DMV records will confirm that persons identity. So, with no ID, if a cop asks name and date of birth, he can ID you and you can move on. Failing to provide any ID info at all can land you in the booking room under "John Doe" until you can confirm proper identity.

This process is necessary so people with outstanding warrants can be caught rather than them just refusing to provide any name or info.

So, lefties should stop whining about "papers", as all humans inside our borders, by already standing law, are required to have papers or identification on them at all times.
We already have a national ID of sorts, but you are incorrect. Americans are not required by law to carry their papers. The courts have ruled on this in numerous cases. but that doesn't stopped people like you who are advocates of fascism, or susceptible to fascism, from advocating a fascist policy time and time again

Almost every claim made for the benefits of mass immigration is false. Europeans were told that they needed immigrants to help prop up their otherwise unaffordable social entitlements: In reality, Turks in Germany have three times the rate of welfare dependency as ethnic Germans, and their average retirement age is 50. Two-thirds of French imams are on the dole.

The majority of Arizona’s schoolchildren are already Hispanic. So, even if you sealed the border today, the state’s future is as an Hispanic society: That’s a given. Maybe it’ll all work out swell. The citizenry never voted for it, but they got it anyway. Because all the smart guys in the limos bemoaning the bigots knew what was best for them.

The limited issue resolved in Hiibel

The issue in Hiibel was whether someone who had been lawfully subject to a Terry stop -- that is, someone as to whom the police did have reasonable suspicion -- can also be required to provide his name to the police officer who stopped him.

The justices answered yes. But they divided 5-4 on the issue.

All nine justices agreed that a person who is not behaving in a way that gives rise to an articulable suspicion of criminality may not be required to state his name or show identification. All nine justices also agreed that under the Court's prior precedents, the police could ask a person who has been subject to a Terry stop for his name.

The only disagreement that split the justices -- and the specific issue the case addressed -- was whether the person could be prosecuted for failing to answer that question.

The dissenters had precedent on their side

CNN.com - Assessing the Supreme Court's ruling on giving ID to police - Jun 24, 2004
:eusa_whistle:

The majority of Arizona’s schoolchildren are already Hispanic. So, even if you sealed the border today, the state’s future is as an Hispanic society: That’s a given. Maybe it’ll all work out swell. The citizenry never voted for it, but they got it anyway. Because all the smart guys in the limos bemoaning the bigots knew what was best for them.

Wow! Hispanics are a threat? Good thing you weren't in Boston, New York, and Chicago when those damned eye-talians with their language and ways were popping out children. nobody voted on allowing them in either. lots of anarchists, commies and fascist came with them.

I am not enamored of the huge illegal wave, but you lump themn all together, fuck you you ugly twat racist **** Dante..

fuck yourself Dante.. you will enjoy it more.

long live la raza.

you make few distinctions when you speak of becoming a hispanic nation or state.

you are a racist bitch who forgets to cover her ass.

you lump in all hispanics when you let your guard down..when your righteous Tea Party anger gets a hold of your few senses.

people like you should drop dead. Immigrant bashing may be a time honored American tradition, but some of us Americans fight back for what is fair and right.

fuck the illegals. I only wish I could put you on a deportation list with them

Wow! Hispanics are a threat? Good thing you weren't in Boston, New York, and Chicago when those damned eye-talians with their language and ways were popping out children. nobody voted on allowing them in either. lots of anarchists, commies and fascist came with them.

I was quoting the article asswipe.. now call me the c word some more.

We already have a national ID of sorts, but you are incorrect. Americans are not required by law to carry their papers. The courts have ruled on this in numerous cases. but that doesn't stopped people like you who are advocates of fascism, or susceptible to fascism, from advocating a fascist policy time and time again

Not your papers, your state issued DL or ID card. That is a law in all 50 states, rarely enforced thanks to online DMV and NCIC capabilities. It's not a federal law, its a state law in all 50 states. Prior to everything being computerized, a cop wouldn't know if a person had a valid DL without it being present, and cops couldn't tell if a person was a fugitive without ID, so DMV's issued ID cards in the absence of a DL if a person was ineligible. Today, the online NCIC and DMV allows cops to run a name and DOB check to ID any citizen without an ID, so it's basically a law that is not really necessary, but still IS ON THE BOOKS in all 50 states.

I promise if you get pulled over, the cop will verify your identity if you don't have a DL or ID card on you. But you had to be issued one, as all people are, whether they know it or not, through their state ID by virtue of having a social security number. It's called a "customer number" in most states, so if you drive drunk without a valid DL, you have a number they can "suspend" for punishment so if you get caught again you can be subject to the Driving Under Suspension 2nd offense statute. A non-citizen won't be in this ID system, because they have no DL or no social security number, THUS the federal law requiring them to "have their papers" on them at all times.

I'm not advocating or criticizing this set of laws, I'm informing the lefties that every person, like it or not, is verified through some type of "papers", be it physical or electronic.

long live la raza.

you make few distinctions when you speak of becoming a hispanic nation or state.

you are a racist bitch who forgets to cover her ass.

you lump in all hispanics when you let your guard down..when your righteous Tea Party anger gets a hold of your few senses.

people like you should drop dead. Immigrant bashing may be a time honored American tradition, but some of us Americans fight back for what is fair and right.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: someday I will drop dead.. :lol::lol:

fuck the illegals. I only wish I could put you on a deportation list with them

I was quoting the article asswipe.. now call me the c word some more.

yeah? when I call you names I can be quoting others too.

stop hiding. let your freak flag fly. say what you really mean, you mean spirited bitch.

Forum List

Back