Carrol "Thrilled Wilson On His Team"..

Interesting the comparison between the QB's against the teams.

I'd take the Seahawks defense, and running game over the Colts any day. I'd take Luck over Wilson any day. Luck took the worst team and turned them into a playoff team.

As far as expectations? The people in Seattle only care if the Seahawks win, otherwise, they don't even mention the team. I've been here all season and no one has mention nothing about the Hawks until last week, before that...nothing.

Seahawks fans are mostly fair weather fans.

Pete Carroll is a cheat and he left USC because of it.

It's rained for over a month. It is stupid to get all excited before the team actually has a shot to make the playoffs. I've been active about the Seahawks since the Chicago game when Wilson came out of the shell Carroll had him in. I suppoze you wear a team colors wig all year round ..Ra... Ra..

I'd take the Seahawks defense, and running game over the Colts any day. I'd take Luck over Wilson any day. Luck took the worst team and turned them into a playoff team.

As far as expectations? The people in Seattle only care if the Seahawks win, otherwise, they don't even mention the team. I've been here all season and no one has mention nothing about the Hawks until last week, before that...nothing.

It's rained for over a month. It is stupid to get all excited before the team actually has a shot to make the playoffs. I've been active about the Seahawks since the Chicago game when Wilson came out of the shell Carroll had him in. I suppoze you wear a team colors wig all year round ..Ra... Ra..

I wear something Niners every Sunday (or Thursday, or Monday, whenever they are playing) from the beginning of the season to the end. Of course, I might occasionally take it off in disgust. :tongue: Not so much recently though!

Of course, I'm also an Islanders fan, so I'm used to rooting for a team that sucks year in and year out. My parents watched when they were winning their Cups, but I was too young to really pay attention at the time. I absorbed the fandom for the team, though, and have had to watch them disappoint for most of the years since. :(

The Niners, at least I was a fan during most of their SB years, so I had a history of success to fall back on while they were terrible! :lol:

I'm just glad I don't base my team affections on where I live; I don't know if I could have handled being a Bucs fan during the creamsicle years. :tongue:

I wear something Niners every Sunday (or Thursday, or Monday, whenever they are playing) from the beginning of the season to the end. Of course, I might occasionally take it off in disgust. :tongue: Not so much recently though!

Of course, I'm also an Islanders fan, so I'm used to rooting for a team that sucks year in and year out. My parents watched when they were winning their Cups, but I was too young to really pay attention at the time. I absorbed the fandom for the team, though, and have had to watch them disappoint for most of the years since. :(

The Niners, at least I was a fan during most of their SB years, so I had a history of success to fall back on while they were terrible! :lol:

I'm just glad I don't base my team affections on where I live; I don't know if I could have handled being a Bucs fan during the creamsicle years. :tongue:

The Seahawks have been rebuilding under Carroll and with the insertion of Wilson over Flynn with limited play by Russell and hardly any snaps in Spring camp all the way up till the first game my expectations were not that high at the start of the regular season..

I have learned through many seasons that team support is great at the local bar and a "go Hawks" when you see someone with colors at the grocery store but like I have said earlier here it was clear that Wilson was being kept under wraps for most of the year. We have been patient and at the stadium still the loudest fans in the NFL but we didn't expect this seemingly effortless explosion of points out of nowhere starting with the last couple of minutes in Chicago.

It's not like Carroll comes on the tube and explains how he has been holding Wilson back when he is doing it. We had a pretty good QB in Flynn and we were all pretty surprised when it was announced that Russell would get the nod. Like I've said earlier we have high expectations of our team but we don't go out and boo them when it is obvious they are in a developing stage like some cities fans do.

I was in a busy period last spring and summer with the dogs and the boat and rebuilding the VW Bus engine so I have to admit I didn't pay as close attention and take a peek at Wilson's Wisconsin Highlights.

Frankly nobody was "a-buzz" about the team. We were losing low scoring squeekers seemingly most of the first half. Then I saw something beautiful happen in Chicago. It was like a big crazy animal was woken and came out of hybernation. Since that game it has been lights out. 58, 50 and 42 pts.

Ya... the support has ratcheted up as the possibilities have opened up. Now that the team is playing up to it's potental we are exited. It isn't too late. This is an excellent time to be on a roll.

Last edited:

Nobody was talking about any teams here earlier in the season..this sports forum was dead as a doornail and there was talk of eliminating it. Did you start any football threads earlier in the season? No...you just come on after the Seahawks threads are put here and complain...what a dick.

Nobody was talking about any teams here earlier in the season..this sports forum was dead as a doornail and there was talk of eliminating it. Did you start any football threads earlier in the season? No...you just come on after the Seahawks threads are put here and complain...what a dick.

Cry much, you are a typical Seattle fan.

Seattle is getting scary good right now. As Wilson plays more and the team molds together more then that team will definitely be tough.

Last edited:
Seattle is getting scary good right now. As Wilson plays more and the team molds together more then that team will definitely be tough.

I don't see how we could be playing any better than we are right now. If we hang 50 on the Rams today that would be entering some rare air. No team has ever scored an average of 50 pts in four consecutive games.

If that happens it will get even worse because teams will feel like they have to enter a game trying to score crazy high so they will act like SF did in the second qtr last wek and abandon a running game. Few teams can send out an offense geared up for 50 plus pts in a football game. The truth is they can't...so they won't and they won't admit it but they will just conceed a loss against the Seahawks.

Teams will still go on building offenses that can score up to about thirty pts because that's all they will need against even a good team.

Against the Seahawks they will just let the long bombs fly and Seattle will reel many of them in and the process will escalate. Few teams have the recievers to produce off of the long bomb or they would be doing it already.

What the dirty secret is that Seattle doesn't throw many long passes. What we do is astounding efficiency and not turning over the football. Lynch rarely fumbles. Wilson has the lowest fumble rate of any leading QB. Third downs baby...that's the secret. Keep the ball ...Oh.. and red zone efficiency. Seattle has scored rediculously in it's last 20 red zone appearances something like 17 out of twenty times TDs.... only 3 of those scores FGs.

Last edited:

They are playing the best football in the NFL currently, how long the can sustain that is what you question. They should win easily today and their road game will either be Dallas or the Redskins, so it should be good game next week.

They are playing the best football in the NFL currently, how long the can sustain that is what you question. They should win easily today and their road game will either be Dallas or the Redskins, so it should be good game next week.

It's actually still possible for the Seahawks to get a bye. I don't expect it, but they only need 2 teams to lose and to win against the Rams. OK, while the Vikings beating GB might not sound crazy, I just don't see the Cards and that train wreck of an offense beating the Niners. :)

Is Russell Wison a human being...or some freakin alien come here to play Football for the Seahawks?????

Russell and the team wewre spozd to take Monday and Tuesday off because of the win against the Rams and the New Years and everything.. and GUESS What????

That robot had all the rookies in the training facility yesterday and today to make sure their minds were focused on the battle in DC.

I wonder if he does some kinda Vulcan Mind Meld !!!! :eek: He claimed it was business as usual... Ya maybe if you come from a planet far far away...

When was the last time two rookies squared off In a playoff game?

Huggy ... lol

Dude, I hope for your sake the Seahawks at least win one playoff game.

They just spotted Wilson walking across Elliott Bay on top of the water, here in Seattle! He's a freakin God!

Huggy ... lol

It's all good ...I'm just having fun. That's what yur spozed to do when ya got a team in the playoffs.

It's a new season. :thewave:

:lol:

I am thoroughly enjoying the PASSION and the "rah, rah, rah" stuff that you all are doing in here. This is great stuff. Huggy, you're a great fan of your team. I salute you!

This is what makes NFL football the BEST sport in the USA. Our teams only have 16 games to be contenders or pretenders. There is little room for error.

I have always been a baseball fan, but let's face it, 162 games is a LONG season. The wife HATES baseball. She says baseball is the ultimate cure for insomnia. I coached and umpired Little League baseball for almost three decades, so I obviously love the game. She just doesn't understand the "intricacies" of baseball.

But, for my money, I have always been a football fan FIRST. Pro football. College football. Hell, even high school football. When I lived in a different state, our local high school football team was a state DYNASTY for many years, and still is.

I have one son who is a Green Bay Packers fan (why, I don't know, he's never even been to Green Bay). My oldest son is a Cleveland Browns fan (a chip off the old block). I am a lifelong Browns fan (my home state), and I have been a big New England Patriots fan for the past 11 years (my current "home" area).

My oldest son remembers when the Browns had a GOOD team, with Bernie Kosar and Marty Schottenheimer. He remembers "the drive" and "the fumble", and all of the other heartbreaks.

Anyway, I believe that the AFC will come down to the Patriots traveling to Denver and another classic Brady vs. Manning shootout.

The NFC is wide open. I have to believe that the New England Patriots might get over the hump this year, since the New York Giants (not to mention the misfit New York Jets) are sitting at home.

Last edited:
Huggy ... lol

The computers have the Seahawks to win sqeekers in Wash. and Atlanta....then on to SF for a close loss.

That wouldn't be so bad... I hope their puters work better than mine... :lol:

If we make it that far I really don't think SF wants any part of the Seahawks again this season.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back