caroline kennedy -

alegria

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fi
Jul 17, 2008
Southeastern USA
i see that this subject has been discussed here prior to christmas. however, can anyone give me five reasons why caroline kennedy would make a good senator? :confused: i left a political message board because reasons, such as "she knows people," ''she deserves happiness," and "she'll keep camelot alive" were just too much to abide. she may be extremely intelligent, but she seems to be on a different page from the rest of america, entitled though she may be. :rolleyes: ;)

She has the values Liberals love:

1. Supported Obama
2. She believes NAFTA should be looked at again.
3. "Opposed the Iraq War from the beginning.
4. Supports legislation legalizing same-sex marriage
5. A strong supporter of gun control
6. Pro-choice

And she's an attorney.

i see that this subject has been discussed here prior to christmas. however, can anyone give me five reasons why caroline kennedy would make a good senator? :confused: i left a political message board because reasons, such as "she knows people," ''she deserves happiness," and "she'll keep camelot alive" were just too much to abide. she may be extremely intelligent, but she seems to be on a different page from the rest of america, entitled though she may be. :rolleyes: ;)
Maybe she has come to the point in her life that she realizes she can possibly make a difference. That does happen as your children get older and you become more aware of politics.

Actually she may be able to do some good.

She surely cannot be any worse thatn some of what this country has been voting into elected offices in the last twenty years.

She has plenty of money so she is not as likely to be selling out for the money.

She is a mother with concerns for the world her children will be living in.

Star appeal is what people vote for these days. Money buys elected seats whether we like to admit it or not.

Maybe she has come to the point in her life that she realizes she can possibly make a difference. That does happen as your children get older and you become more aware of politics.

Actually she may be able to do some good.

She surely cannot be any worse thatn some of what this country has been voting into elected offices in the last twenty years.

She has plenty of money so she is not as likely to be selling out for the money.

She is a mother with concerns for the world her children will be living in.

Star appeal is what people vote for these days. Money buys elected seats whether we like to admit it or not.

at least your answers seem grounded in common sense and aren't what some paid handler probably advised her to say. i feel bad for cuomo, he's actually made an effort in NY. she seems practically bored to me.

1. Supported Obama
6. Pro-choice

And she's an attorney.

whoop-dee-doo! ;)

I can offer five reasons she'd make a likely senator:

1.) Name recognition. Hate her, love her, or ambivalent about her, people have heard of her, which is the single biggest factor in American politics.
2.) Nepotism. She comes from the most famous political dynasty in modern America. Who needs experience when your uncle has it?
3.) Money. She's loaded (over $100 mil), she can afford ads and has lots of rich friends to help her out.
4.) Possesses vagina. A woman can be replaced by a woman to not lower the amount of powerful female leaders. Enacting laws that promote gender equality are useless, token gender signifiers are what matter.
5.) Obama. She was an outspoken supporter of the very popular incoming president, which garnered her a significant "fan base" and added to her long list of powerful friends.

As for why she'd make a good senator? Ummm....

Last edited:

I don't want her to have it just cause the arrogant bitch thinks she's entitled to it.

exactly! :) did u read the transcript of her interview with two reporters in yesterday's NYT? she couldn't/wouldn't answer a simple question: why should the governor pick u instead of another candidate - what makes u the best? (paraphrased)

She's spent her life serving her community. What more could you want from a public servant? And why do you need four more reason when the first makes her qualified.

1. Supported Obama
6. Pro-choice

And she's an attorney.

Works for me. You left out the fact that she is highly intelligent and a good person.

"to the manor born," huh?
At least she didn't marry to gain political power! She has gone to law school, worked for the public and sits on a few boards. She is more qualified then many junior senators. And I love how the repubs point out how she is rich but god forbid we ever pointed how McCain had money!

This entire Sweet Caroline thing is bull shit.

She has no, no business being a senator or even considered for such. She needs to take her skinny, scrawny little ass back to her patsy little world and leave this nation alone.

What is she going to do, write a book of bedtime stories for the senate?

Beat it Caroline, accept the truth, you ain't got it sweetie.

Some one close to her needs to be honest with her and tell her to stop embarrassing herself.

Further, she could use a good hair stylist and a good dietitian. She looks sickly.

:whip:

And what did Caroline have to say today? ...............

you know, you know, you know, you know, you know

And what did Caroline have to say today? ...............

well you gotta hand that to her, it's a step or two up from ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

This entire Sweet Caroline thing is bull shit.

She has no, no business being a senator or even considered for such. She needs to take her skinny, scrawny little ass back to her patsy little world and leave this nation alone.

What is she going to do, write a book of bedtime stories for the senate?

Beat it Caroline, accept the truth, you ain't got it sweetie.

Some one close to her needs to be honest with her and tell her to stop embarrassing herself.

Further, she could use a good hair stylist and a good dietitian. She looks sickly.

:whip:
"Kennedy is an attorney, writer, editor and serves on the boards of numerous non-profit organizations.

From 2002 through 2004, Kennedy worked as director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money for the New York City public schools.[19] In that capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools.[20][3] She currently serves as one of two vice chairs of the board of directors of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City.[21] According to The Politico, her children attended "one of Manhattan’s most exclusive private schools." [22] She has also served on the board of trustees of Concord Academy, which she attended as a child.[23]

Kennedy and other members of her family created the Profiles in Courage Award in 1989. The award is given to a public official or officials at the federal, state or local level whose actions best demonstrate the qualities of politically courageous leadership in the spirit of John F. Kennedy's book, Profiles in Courage.[24] In addition, Kennedy is currently president of the Kennedy Library Foundation.[3] She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

She is a member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bar associations. She is also a member of the boards of directors of the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and is an honorary chair of the American Ballet Theatre.[24]

Kennedy has represented her family at the funeral services of former Presidents Ronald Reagan in 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007, and at the funeral service of former First Lady Lady Bird Johnson in 2007. She also represented her family at the dedication of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park in Little Rock, Arkansas in November 2004."

"She graduated from Concord Academy in Massachusetts in 1975,[11] and received her A.B. from Radcliffe College[12] at Harvard University in 1979. She earned a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1988, graduating in the top ten percent of her class, several weeks before giving birth to her first child.[13]"

"Kennedy and Ellen Alderman have written two books together on civil liberties:

In Our Defense: The Bill of Rights In Action (1991)[46]
The Right to Privacy (1995)[46]
On her own, she has edited these New York Times best-selling volumes:

The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (2001)[46]
Profiles in Courage for Our Time (2002)[46]
A Patriot’s Handbook (2003)[46]
A Family of Poems: My Favorite Poetry for Children (2005)[46]
She is also the author of A Family Christmas a collection of poems, prose and personal notes from her family history"

Caroline Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me again how she is not more qualified then most junior senators! You guys are not going to like anyone they pick because it will be a liberal, since they are filling the seat of democrat with another democrat.Wow big freakin surprise!

She hasn't earned it. It's payback for putting obamalama in office and to keep Cuomo out. Cuomo divorced one of her cousins. She feels she's entitled.

Forum List

Back