Carole King: songwriter, genius, legend

G

Gabriella84

I just finished listening to Carole King's live double CD of her ongoing "Living Room Tour." It got me thinking -- how can anyone take in any significant portion of her recorded work and not acknowledge that she is one of music's all-time greatest composers? I am simply in awe.
I often take a lot at all the utter trash that passes for "music" these days and wonder how they can sells millions of CDs, while a legend like Carole King records on her own label. How abhorent.

She can't be a dude posting under a pseudonym. Even a pranking male mind would never turn to something like Carole King!

Interesting little trivia bit about Carole King.

Carole King was working out a song on the piano one day when the girl she hired to be her daughter's babysitter and cook began to dance. That little dance inspired Carole's husband to write a song.

Carole King and her husband brought the young girl into the studio to record the song.

The result was one of the most famous and often-played songs of the 60's.

The Singer: Little Eva

The song: Loco-Motion.

Cool!!
My parents introduced me to a lot of music when I was growing up. My dad likes old school punk and metal. My mom prefers softer classic bands and singer-songwriters. My sister liked old school funk/R&B for a while.
Country, jazz and classical were banned as threats to our sanity.

Gabriella84 said:
Cool!!
My parents introduced me to a lot of music when I was growing up. My dad likes old school punk and metal. My mom prefers softer classic bands and singer-songwriters. My sister liked old school funk/R&B for a while.
Country, jazz and classical were banned as threats to our sanity.

What's wrong with jazz!?

Jazz is fairly boring to moi. Not that it is boring to others.

I will always prefer Lemmy to Charlie Parker. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
Jazz is fairly boring to moi. Not that it is boring to others.

I will always prefer Lemmy to Charlie Parker. :banana2:

:bat: I'm sure you didn't know that you were speaking to the bass player in a swing/jazz band... :bat:

:)

Forum List

Back