Carol Cannon, WH reporter, Admits 08 election bias

You see the media as central because your bias is theirs. And you can't recognize it. It's a cognitive failing of the entire left.

Wrong. I see the media as central because I am MORE left than the media. You see it as liberal because it is more left than you. Get it? What, do you think FOX is centrist, Allie?
So, then you're admitting that your observation is based upon your subjective bias, rather than objectively quantifiable definition of "center".

That being the case, why would anyone else's observations or opinion on the matter be of any value??

So, then you're admitting that your observation is based upon your subjective bias, rather than objectively quantifiable definition of "center".

That being the case, why would anyone else's observations or opinion on the matter be of any value??

I'm saying there is no objectively quantifiable definiation of "center". That being the case, how can one make a judgement about the media, in general, being biased more one way than the other when it all looks different when viewed from all perspectives.

Based on a bell curve I would assume that most Americans fall near the center, let's call it mainstream. Then a good percentage of Americans would lable themselves either liberal or conservative. Then a small percentage would label themselves far left or right, and even fewer would categorize themselves as radical or extreme. Now, considering that the media is run for profit, and it is a service, wouldn't it be marketed toward the largest demand base, i.e. mainstream Americans? I know that's pure speculation, but it is logical.

I undersand that I am a radical leftist. I take that into consideration when watching the news, for example: CNN is central, MSNBC is left, and Democracy Now! is far left. PBS and NPR are left leaning. ABC and NBC are centrist. Fox is undoubtedly conservative. Would you disagree with those judgements? Fox is right-leaning because it has found its ratings niche. MSNBC is left-leaning because it has found its ratings niche among the somewhat pseudo-liberal crowd. ABC and NBC and CNN appeal to the broadest market.

Love the new avatar by the way!

how does she come off as dumb in that sean interview, plz tell me

If you can't see it, then there is no point in explaining it for you.
if you can't point it out then i'm calling bluff

Well, I'm not lying, despite your lack of trust and faith in a fellow human being who has never lied to you.

Let me put it this way, it would be not only extremely difficult to point out and articulate why Palin looks like an idiot in the video, but it would also be difficult to make you perceive her behavior that way, from my point of view. Try doing it yourself with Biden or Olbermann. Well, not them cause I already think they tend to act like idiots. You admire and respect Palin, right? Well, I admire and respect Nader and Chomsky. Take an interview one of them did and try to point out and describe to me why you think they look like idiots.

Its like saying that the sky is blue, if you don't see it that way, then I can't explain it to you.

Thanks.

That's the biggest song-and-dance I've seen in a loooong time.

If, in your opinion, nothing is really quantifiable (on a side note, how do we then determine the value of "nothing"?), how is your estimation that the media is "centrist" of any merit??

Thanks.

That's the biggest song-and-dance I've seen in a loooong time.

If, in your opinion, nothing is really quantifiable (on a side note, how do we then determine the value of "nothing"?), how is your estimation that the media is "centrist" of any merit??

C'mon, Dude, that wasn't a song and dance. It was an honest attempt to explain my reasoning. All I'm saying is that bias is subjective and so is the perception of bias, and attempted to explain wny I thought one could sort of ground those opinions while leaving room for doubt by admitting that it was pure speculation.

Would you say the Fox News is centrist?

Your welcome for the compliment, by the way. Thanks for the ad hominem. What's up your ass today?

For any kind of a cogent explanation, the words have to mean things. War is still not peace.

Fakes News is a business.....If they're so "extreme right", as the bedwetter left portrays them, how does it happen that their "moderators" in the republican primary debates gave so much crap and the short shrift to the most "far right" candidates; Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, and Dr. Ron Paul, and so many softball questions to the farthest left of all of them, Rudy Ghouliani??

Last edited:
For any kind of a cogent explanation, the words have to mean things. War is still not peace.

Fakes News is a business.....If they're so "extreme right", as the bedwetter left portrays them, how does it happen that their "moderators" in the republican primary debates gave so much crap and the short shrift to the most "far right" candidates; Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, and Dr. Ron Paul, and so many softball questions to the farthest left of all of them, Rudy Ghouliani??

I'm actually going to say it. That is because out of all the main stream media news outlets fox is the most centrist. In fact the others are so far left of center that they make Fox news look uber conservative.

Ok now people the truth is out there....c'mon get angry at me. :lol:

All media has a bias.

If you can't see it, then there is no point in explaining it for you.

Well, I'm not lying, despite your lack of trust and faith in a fellow human being who has never lied to you.

Let me put it this way, it would be not only extremely difficult to point out and articulate why Palin looks like an idiot in the video, but it would also be difficult to make you perceive her behavior that way, from my point of view. Try doing it yourself with Biden or Olbermann. Well, not them cause I already think they tend to act like idiots. You admire and respect Palin, right? Well, I admire and respect Nader and Chomsky. Take an interview one of them did and try to point out and describe to me why you think they look like idiots.

Its like saying that the sky is blue, if you don't see it that way, then I can't explain it to you.
well for one i don't think biden or olbermann are dumb, i like biden and on some matters strongly agree with olbermann. see you are trying to stereotype me by guessing i think so and so are idiots

there are transcripts of her interview with sean, what did u find suspect?

well for one i don't think biden or olbermann are dumb, i like biden and on some matters strongly agree with olbermann. see you are trying to stereotype me by guessing i think so and so are idiots

there are transcripts of her interview with sean, what did u find suspect?

I wanna know too, i'm very curious on your opinion now.

Forum List

Back