Carnival Parade Pix!

I have no clue why you are attacking me for pointing out that Mardi Gras is the Tuesday of next week, and abusing me because I am Christian. I must assume that a monkey is typing on your keyboard.

Be honest. Why did you post that in response to Pogo's post? What reason could you have had? He doesn't need to be told when Mardi Gras is.

If you lie.....I will know.
LoneLaughter, your hostile and hateful reaction to my innocuous statement that Mardi Gras is Tuesday of last week was way over the top and I have to say it shows who you really are. If you have any faith at all, I would suggest you go to a priest and confess all this hate you have in your heart, and listen to what he says. It is my belief that anyone can be saved, no matter what they have done. Next time I go to Mass I will light a candle for you.

Bullshit. Next lie.........
Not a lie. I just prayed for you. When I go to Mass I will pray for you again while I light a candle.
what is the candle supposed to do?....out side of making a buck or two for the church....just askin....
It is a kind of prayer. Why do Catholics Use Candles in Church?

Be honest. Why did you post that in response to Pogo's post? What reason could you have had? He doesn't need to be told when Mardi Gras is.

If you lie.....I will know.
LoneLaughter, your hostile and hateful reaction to my innocuous statement that Mardi Gras is Tuesday of last week was way over the top and I have to say it shows who you really are. If you have any faith at all, I would suggest you go to a priest and confess all this hate you have in your heart, and listen to what he says. It is my belief that anyone can be saved, no matter what they have done. Next time I go to Mass I will light a candle for you.

Bullshit. Next lie.........
Not a lie. I just prayed for you. When I go to Mass I will pray for you again while I light a candle.
what is the candle supposed to do?....out side of making a buck or two for the church....just askin....
It is a kind of prayer. Why do Catholics Use Candles in Church?
yea i know i was raised catholic...the alter kid i knew said he used to have to go out there and blow a few out so there will be more to light....

Nice pics mr. Pogo. Shoulda met up with ms blacksand while down there

That woulda been nice but time was limited and she lives out in da boonies.

Plus I don't trust her around my cashews. :eusa_shifty:

Mardi Gras is Tuesday of next week.

You really display your love for your fellow man, Christian. Maybe if you ultra religious people weren't always such assholes, you'd be able to keep your numbers up.
How is pointing out what he thinks to be a schedule issue hatred, or makes him an ass hole?

You are overly sensitive; why dont you watch Obama prayer breakfast speech again.

Fucker was calling the OP a liar in his weak, passive aggressive way. That's an asshole move.

I have Aspergers Syndrome, so it would not be the first time I have been wrong about things normal people say in context.

But I certainly did not read it that way that you did.

What other reason coukd there have been? Dude was being a prick. Thought he caught Pogo lying about the parade.

Erleichda y'all. If he meant it that way, it fell flat and shot him in the foot. The presence of pictures from six days prior to Carnival Day would make that point, since he'd have to be saying the pictures we're looking at don't exist.

For general info, the week or two before Mardi Gras features an increasing number of parades and other events, especially this weekend (day and night) and Monday (Lundi Gras). Of course Tuesday everything shuts down everywhere and it's all Carnival, wall to wall. Right up to midnight, when the last float is followed by police and street sweeper vehicles displaying a degree of efficiency never seen in the city for anything else. By the time the sun rises on Ash Wednesday, you wouldn't even know there had been an event.

Carnival parades --- the ONLY thing in New Orleans that happens on time.

Just to give a sense of scale here --- all but two of these pix are from a single parade, the Mystic Krewe of Nyx (a couple are from Ancient Druids, the first parade that rolled that night) ---

Nyx alone, the all-female krewe celebrating just its fifth year, involves some 23 thousand people, and they have a waiting list of several thousand more in the wings. Their parade pictured here included 39 floats. That's just one krewe, and there are I believe almost 50 krewes that parade at some point, just in the city limits alone over the season, not counting the neighboring burbs. Not all of them are that big but put together it's a massive spectacle.

Normally a New Orleanian takes one of two approaches: either (a) immerse yourself in it totally and thoroughly, or (b) get the hell out of town until it blows over. Usually when I lived there I took the latter route but came down just for this one event. It was a lot of work, but went well -- still, I'm glad to be out of there.

I've deleted about 75% of the posts in this thread because they have nothing to do with the topic. Anyone else who trolls or gets into a flame fest will be booted from the thread.

I've deleted about 75% of the posts in this thread because they have nothing to do with the topic. Anyone else who trolls or gets into a flame fest will be booted from the thread.
so how does this work? When my threads get trolled, I just need to start crying about it? Maybe send a few PMs?

So like, I was invited to New Orleans to help out with one of the floats, and ran clean out of reasons to say no. Here are a few images from tonight's Mardi Gras parades --- rolling tonight was Druids and the Mystic Krewe of Nyx.

Statistikhengst
Lucy Hamilton

Watch out for dead bodies randomly floating by. We know that's a real issue in poor NOLA.

That's not funny.

Making up stories about dead people floating down city streets seems pretty funny to me.

So like, I was invited to New Orleans to help out with one of the floats, and ran clean out of reasons to say no. Here are a few images from tonight's Mardi Gras parades --- rolling tonight was Druids and the Mystic Krewe of Nyx.

Statistikhengst
Lucy Hamilton

Watch out for dead bodies randomly floating by. We know that's a real issue in poor NOLA.

That's not funny.

Making up stories about dead people floating down city streets seems pretty funny to me.

In that case, making up stories about "making up stories about dead people floating down city streets" must be fucking hilarious on your planet.

No one knows exactly how many people drowned from the effects of the flooding but the number is in the thousands. One of them was the mother of my bandmate. It took him several weeks to find her body. He was never quite the same after that.

Hope you find that amusing, asshole.

Statistikhengst
Lucy Hamilton

That's not funny.

In that case, making up stories about "making up stories about dead people floating down city streets" must be fucking hilarious on your planet.

No one knows exactly how many people drowned from the effects of the flooding but the number is in the thousands. One of them was the mother of my bandmate. It took him several weeks to find her body. He was never quite the same after that.

Hope you find that amusing, asshole.

Wow, that's a story worthy of Brian Williams. Did you make it up yourself? What am I saying; of course, you did! :lmao:

It's hard to believe there are so many on this site that can't let a simple thread about people having a good time just say something positive without trying to politicize it and pollute the whole thing. It's like a room full of 12-year-olds, melting down because the attention isn't on them.

How pathetic, to feel that the thing to do when one lives in a mental shithole, is to drag everybody else down to it.

Here's what I got left...
98 Nyx.jpg

125 Nyx.jpg

144 Nyx - Cinco de Mayo.jpg

-- and by special request...

92 Nyx.jpg
99 Nyx.jpg

The only other interesting shots I have were supposed to be of the "5th Avenue" float taking the turn too wide from Napoleon onto St. Charles and taking out a traffic light ( :::crunch::: ). But they didn't come out well.

BlackSand -- your name done got taken in vain here, chère....

Last edited:
It's hard to believe there are so many on this site that can't let a simple thread about people having a good time just say something positive without trying to politicize it and pollute the whole thing. It's like a room full of 12-year-olds, melting down because the attention isn't on them.

I know, right? Why can't I just let you enjoy your convoluted lies in peace!

How pathetic, to feel that the thing to do when one lives in a mental shithole, is to drag everybody else down to it.

On one hand I agree with you…that is one of the reasons why I post almost no personal pics on here (I did from the grand canyon a few years ago—more on that).

The other reason is that I think you should be happy that politicizing it was all that happened. I started getting some bizarre e-mails after posting my “selfie” as my avatar for a few weeks. That was back when I was in the Conspiracy Forum only more or less. I wondered if Terral or that other jackass had something to do with it.

Anyway, nice pics. I’m cruising in October and I may get the gumption to post some pics from it.

Forum List

Back