Carly Fiorina Foundation Gave $467,275 To Planned Parenthood Through Group That Runs It

Here's another allegory to understand the misleading "3 percent" figure.

Let's say I give way 99 widgets which cost a penny apiece, and give away 1 whatchamacallit which costs 99 cents. Then I tell the world that my whatchamacallit service makes up only 1 percent of my services.

That would be grossly misleading, would it not?

My whatchamacallit service is 50 percent of my costs, even though it is only 1 percent of my services.

See how that works?

That's why PP says abortions are "only 3 percent" of their services. It's a way to avoid saying what percentage of their costs abortions are.

Here's another allegory to understand the misleading "3 percent" figure.

Let's say I give way 99 widgets which cost a penny apiece, and give away 1 whatchamacallit which costs 99 cents. Then I tell the world that my whatchamacallit service makes up only 1 percent of my services.

That would be grossly misleading, would it not?

My whatchamacallit service is 50 percent of my costs, even though it is only 1 percent of my services.

See how that works?

That's why PP says abortions are "only 3 percent" of their services. It's a way to avoid saying what percentage of their costs abortions are.

You're ignoring abortions paid for 1. out of pocket 2. by patient insurance 3. by state funding not prohibited by the Hyde Amendment 4. by exceptions to the Hyde Amendment 5. by non-government donations to PP

Fortune Magazine added.... Fiorina also served as the chair of Good360 from 2012 to 2015. In 2013, the organization donated $18,022 to the Abortion Access Network of Arizona.

Well, let's go slowly. Are you aware that many PP patients pay for their abortions out of pocket?

Are you aware PP pays for many of their patients' abortions? After all, how many of the low income women who are the majority of their clients have $1500 to pay for one?

Planned Parenthood has Justice Funds they use to give women free abortions.

Example: Planned Parenthood of Illinois Reproductive Justice Fund

If you are getting an abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Illinois, ask about the Planned Parenthood Illinois Reproductive Justice Fund when you make your appointment. This Fund may be able to help you pay for your abortion and can sometimes help pay for contraception, including emergency contraception.

So when are you going to give me the figure for how much PP spends on abortions?

I bet you are finding they are very secretive with that number. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Probably because it is higher than 3 percent of their spending. A lot higher.

Last edited:
Fortune Magazine added.... Fiorina also served as the chair of Good360 from 2012 to 2015. In 2013, the organization donated $18,022 to the Abortion Access Network of Arizona.

Connecting Nonprofits with Donations from Companies & Individuals | Good360
We want to work with our partner companies, nonprofits and YOU to grow our impact by delivering $1 billion in donated goods each year, every year.

With responsibility for distributing $1 billion of donated goods every year, for a total of $3 billion during her tenure, do you think Fiorina had personal knowledge of an $18 thousand donation in Arizona in 2013?

Oh man..

Carly Fiorina claims to be against Planned Parenthood. In fact, she has made it a staple of her campaign. She is currently on a mission, urging Republicans to defund the organization and hold the annual fiscal budget hostage. She cites, among other things, that taxpayers and the government shouldn’t have any role in abortions.

Well, that, we already knew. An investigative piece from The Daily Beast has unearthed new information that Carly Fiorina’s Foundation, run by The Ayco Charitable Foundation, has collectively donated $467,275 to various Planned Parenthood’s through 2011 through 2013.

Carly Fiorina Foundation Gave $467,275 To Planned Parenthood Through Group That Runs It

Lets see the things wrong here.

1. You can be against government funding of something, and still fund it.
2. SHE didn't directly donate to them, it was through one of those tax write off funds for the uber rich.

You sir are behaving as an idiot.
Carly is an affirmative action candidate (Uncle Ben is the other), propped up by faux news. The old grey mare ain't what she used to be...

Well done to the OP, thank you!

Oh man..

Carly Fiorina claims to be against Planned Parenthood. In fact, she has made it a staple of her campaign. She is currently on a mission, urging Republicans to defund the organization and hold the annual fiscal budget hostage. She cites, among other things, that taxpayers and the government shouldn’t have any role in abortions.

Well, that, we already knew. An investigative piece from The Daily Beast has unearthed new information that Carly Fiorina’s Foundation, run by The Ayco Charitable Foundation, has collectively donated $467,275 to various Planned Parenthood’s through 2011 through 2013.

Well--that sure sounded like a verifiable article--LOL Kind of like--My mother's--aunt's cousin told her--and I am supposed to believe it--LOL

Nice Try--It's NOT the Carly Fiorina foundation by the way--this foundation is called The Ayco Charitable Foundation,--according to YOUR linked article.

You probably didn't think anyone would actually read it did you--LOL

Furthermore--there has never been anyone that has made a contribution into a general fund that was exactly certain where that fund was going to distribute it too. The Red Cross is forever telling you they need money for this crisis, but they end up sending it elsewhere.

ufonotcomingback.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man..

She's against government funding, she privately donated. What is the contradiction exactly?

Oh man..

2. SHE didn't directly donate to them, it was through one of those tax write off funds for the uber rich.

Let's see the things wrong here.

1. When you demonize an organization? You'd better not have ANY connection to it.
2. When you start on the road of personal integrity? You'd better have some.

Carly Fiorina: 'Hillary Clinton has lied'

Good non-response.
Which is all your post warrants.

Nope.

Oh man..

You sir are behaving as an idiot.
Carly is an affirmative action candidate (Uncle Ben is the other), propped up by faux news. The old grey mare ain't what she used to be...

Well done to the OP, thank you!

These are valid questions regarding the link between her and PP.

It is a huge mistake to assume that donor was Carly Fiorina. Especially since the Planned Parenthood outlets which received the money were in New York City, Connecticut, and Indiana. Clearly that donor was from the East.

None of the donors know what the other donors do with their money in the Foundation. There is no way Fiorina could know another donor to Ayco was funneling their money to PP.

This is a fake scandal.

Maybe.

I think the bigger issue here is that we have yet another blue state republicans suddenly embracing radical views on choice or other social issues to appeal to a red state electorate.

Much like Romney, who never about these things when he was in MA, Carly is suddenly concerned about fetuses? Or is she just being an opportunist?

If Republicans were truly sincere on this issue, they should be getting behind Huckabee or Santorum, who've fought the good fight on this all along.

It is a huge mistake to assume that donor was Carly Fiorina. Especially since the Planned Parenthood outlets which received the money were in New York City, Connecticut, and Indiana. Clearly that donor was from the East.

None of the donors know what the other donors do with their money in the Foundation. There is no way Fiorina could know another donor to Ayco was funneling their money to PP.

This is a fake scandal.

Maybe.

I think the bigger issue here is that we have yet another blue state republicans suddenly embracing radical views on choice or other social issues to appeal to a red state electorate.

Much like Romney, who never about these things when he was in MA, Carly is suddenly concerned about fetuses? Or is she just being an opportunist?

If Republicans were truly sincere on this issue, they should be getting behind Huckabee or Santorum, who've fought the good fight on this all along.

Carly is playing the same "empty vessel" game most of these jokers play. They are who the electorate hopes for. If she gets to the general, she will suddenly pivot, like Romney, into a more "moderate" candidate.

Forum List

Back