Carlos Slims – The Richest Man in the World

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Who? :eusa_whistle:

I know who he is because I pay a lot of attention to what is going on in Mexico and who the major players are. This particular article is clearly written by a right-wing commentator trying to explain how this Mexican telecom mogul has reached such heights of wealth. If you ask Mexicans about him, they just shrug and reply that he provides lots of jobs for people. So, what's the big deal?

A popular mantra perpetuated by Leftist agitators “The rich are rich because they rip off the poor” tells only half of the truth. The other half is hidden in the question that most never bother to ask: from where did the poor take these hundreds of billions of dollars that the Slimses of the Third World have collected from them? If you are a productive American then you are among those who supply the poor with these hundreds of billions, via progressive taxes, via price hikes caused by minimum wage laws, and via loss of value of your work and your hard-earned dollars due to generosity of transnational do-gooders.

I'm not certain that I agree with the rhetoric of this piece but it's worth a read @ Who Made Carlos Slims so Filthy Rich?

:eusa_whistle:

The article is an idiotic political rant.

I lived in Mexico for one year, I had a telephone in my name, back during the time of dial up internet and free MP3 downloads. My phone bill was a 1000$ the first month.

What I did not realize, was that the 10$ a month internet did not include the local per minute usage fee.

All local calls cost a fee.
There is one telephone company, a complete Monopoly.

To try and tie the USA to the richest man in a country ran by Tyrants, is ignorant at best.

New Topics

Forum List

Back