Carlos Boozer!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
As a Chicago Fan I was upset we didn't get Wade or Bosh, but Boozer is not a bad consolation prize!
Boozer 6-9 260 beast who averaged 20 ppg, 11 rpg on 56% FG shooting. Match him against other PF and there is only one clear cut superior PF - Chris Bosh!
Gasol - Yep one can easily say he is better. His numbers are similar to Boozer (18-11-53%), but just like MJ made everyone around him better so does Kobe! You could say Boozer had the superior PG through. Either way a good argument can be made for both Boozer and Gasol.
Stoudemire - Yep a score with 23 ppg, but only 8 rpg. He is not a good defender and his game is using his superior athleticism, with his broken down body, that game will fall. Boozer is also a better back to the basket player. On scoring, Amare wins, but when you factor in defense, rebounding and night in and out effort, an argument can easily be made for Boozer.
Duncan - First Ballot HOF, but he is over the hill! Boozer wins out.
KG - Ditto
Nowitzki - Was great and he changed the PF position. He is getting old and slowing down. He was never a good defender or post player. Boozer wins out.
Aldridge - Not even a chance.
S. Marion - More of a SF and not even a chance.
AL Harrington - Nope
R. Lewis - More of a SF, not close either way
Z. Randolph - Nope
Jamison - Nope
B. Griffin - All hype at this point!
D. Lee - Very good, but not even close to Boozer

In summary, the only clear cut better PF is Bosh. PF you can make arguments for are Stoudemire and Gasol. No other PF come close!

What about Centers, who is heads and tails better?
Howard - Without a doubt! He is right behind Kobe and LBJ as best in the league (yep higher than Bosh)!
Horford - A rising star, but I don't think he eclipsed Boozer yet.
C. Kaman - One of the few very good American whiteboys, but Boozer has him beat.
G. Oden - Must stay healthy for 30 secs first.
Y. Ming - We have too see how he is when he returns, but when healthy the answer is YES!
J. Noah - Doesn't matter they are on the same team!

Boozer can bang on the boards and score some but he can't play defense to save his life. Don't get me wrong, he's a big addition to the Bulls but if they are just adding him and not another big name guy it's not enough.

Now if Lebron were to end up in Chicago too then I would say that makes them the automatic favorite to win it all for the next few years.

Boozer can bang on the boards and score some but he can't play defense to save his life. Don't get me wrong, he's a big addition to the Bulls but if they are just adding him and not another big name guy it's not enough.

Now if Lebron were to end up in Chicago too then I would say that makes them the automatic favorite to win it all for the next few years.

He is underrated on defense. He has trouble with the quicker PF like Dirk and Bosh, but he is still underrated on D.

LBJ to Chicago, I was much more confident a few weeks ago. The arrogant prick is having a 1 hour special. 8:00 can't come quick enough!:eusa_pray:

He is underrated on defense. He has trouble with the quicker PF like Dirk and Bosh, but he is still underrated on D.

LBJ to Chicago, I was much more confident a few weeks ago. The arrogant prick is having a 1 hour special. 8:00 can't come quick enough!:eusa_pray:

The Lebron hate is peaking here in Boston.

Forum List

Back