Carl Paladino, the Tea Party-backed Republican gubernatorial candidate: Hates gays

His words....

I just think my children and your children would be much better off, and much more successful, getting married and raising a family. And I don't want them to be brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option. It isn't."

Not someone I would want as my governor

Why?

Frankly, I find it refreshing that a candidate would state his opinion without first consulting the NYT Editorial Board.

However, perhaps you disagree with the opinion: That your children would NOT be better off, and much more successful, getting married and raising a family, despite this being the norm of human existance?

I have to strenuously agree with Paladino: The last thing I want is Queer Children, not because Queerness itself is a deviant behaviour, but because they are likely to end up whiny bitches.

Would a homosexual be better off and more successful if he marries and raises a family?

I think it has been shown repeatedly that they are not

Has it been shown repeatedly?

Frankly, I'm not sure, but I think someone should certainly apply for a $1 million dollar Federal Stimulous Grant to study this important National Security matter:

Gay Gayness: The Gaity of Married Gays

He is quoted as saying 'Live and let live' in his quote. Which part of that sounds like 'hate'? I see no hate. I see a bunch of whiny assed lefties wanting to make an issue where there is no issue.

His words....

I just think my children and your children would be much better off, and much more successful, getting married and raising a family. And I don't want them to be brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option. It isn't."

Why?

Frankly, I find it refreshing that a candidate would state his opinion without first consulting the NYT Editorial Board.

However, perhaps you disagree with the opinion: That your children would NOT be better off, and much more successful, getting married and raising a family, despite this being the norm of human existance?

I have to strenuously agree with Paladino: The last thing I want is Queer Children, not because Queerness itself is a deviant behaviour, but because they are likely to end up whiny bitches.

Rumor has it the candidate earns his living running gay clubs? If true, I suppose exploiting people for profit while defaming them is consistent with callous conservatives 'values'.

Calling names and insisting we block civil rights for the good of the nation is not showing love.

Does everything have to be "explained". You would think the obvious is, well, obvious.

It's like a right winger saying "I don't hate that person, I just want them lynched". Ooh, he just wants them to be second class citizens. He didn't say he wants them dead. Rdean, you are over the top.

he is no different than you Dean....only his tent is smaller....you hate anyone to your right.....so whats the difference between you and this guy?....outside of the size of the tent thrown....

I don't hate anyone. But I know the right wing doesn't have the best interests of this country at heart.

Repeal the minimum wage.

Send jobs to China.

Don't support education.

Every man for himself.

Privatize social security and the VA.

Criminalize the gays.

Women's rights.

This isn't the country I know. It's the one the right wing wants us to be. Why? I don't know why. I ask them the same question.

Calling names and insisting we block civil rights for the good of the nation is not showing love.

Does everything have to be "explained". You would think the obvious is, well, obvious.

It's like a right winger saying "I don't hate that person, I just want them lynched". Ooh, he just wants them to be second class citizens. He didn't say he wants them dead. Rdean, you are over the top.

he is no different than you Dean....only his tent is smaller....you hate anyone to your right.....so whats the difference between you and this guy?....outside of the size of the tent thrown....

I don't hate anyone. But I know the right wing doesn't have the best interests of this country at heart.

Repeal the minimum wage.

Send jobs to China.

Don't support education.

Every man for himself.

Privatize social security and the VA.

Criminalize the gays.

Women's rights.

This isn't the country I know. It's the one the right wing wants us to be. Why? I don't know why. I ask them the same question.

:doubt:

:cuckoo:

:eusa_liar:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol:
:clap2:
:clap2:

I haven't laughed that hard since this morning when Bass tried to convince me Obama was smart

His words....

Fine. Don't vote for him. But, I would want some actual evidence of 'hate' before I label the man 'as a 'hater' of gays.

Hate? Why I am sure he can tell you he has friends and relatives who are gay. Doesn't everyone?
But how many can tell you their campaign aide is gay?

Carl Paladino may find the gay rights parade "disgusting," but his top campaign strategist Roger Stone attended parade in June - NYPOST.com

Paladino aide had gay old time
Shirtless romp in 'disgusting' Village parade
By BRENDAN SCOTT, Post Correspondent
Last Updated: 11:47 AM, October 14, 2010
Posted: 12:52 AM, October 14, 2010

ALBANY -- Maybe it's a good thing Carl Paladino skipped the Gay Pride Parade -- his aide went, and got a real earful!
Roger Stone, a key adviser to the Republican gubernatorial candidate -- who called the parade "disgusting" -- not only went to the march, but joined in the festivities, doffing his shirt and getting his ear licked by a bosomy, nearly naked babe.

pride1--300x300.jpg

Roger Stone, top strategist for Carl Paladino, gets a face-licking ...

pride2--300x150.jpg

... and plants a smooch on Kat ForTra at June's march.

If Hannibal Lecter were the Dem candidate, Paladino would only have a slim chance at best.

"Sure he eats people, but he's a Democrat and that's good enough for me and every one else in this section of St Raymond's cemetery!" -- Betty Shannon, loyal Democrat voter for the past 165 years.

Paladino may be an idiot but look at the mess the Dems have made of the state all by themselves

Yep.

That damn Democratic Governor George Pataki and Damn Democratic Mayor Rudolf Giuliani. Those suckers really screwed the pooch. And then New Yorkers..elected ANOTHER democrat..sheesh...Michael Bloomberg. If only the Republicans had a lock on the state..it would be fiscally sound. [/sarcasm]

But for Rudy turning around NYC, the state would be ahead of Greece at the IMF window.

You should pray to a statue of Rudy every night because when he took over, NYC was a third world Calcutta shithole where there were race riots, 2,000 annual murders and squeegee guys greeting you as you entered the city. When Rudy left the city was a world class city again and Democrat turned Republican Forbes 400 Guy Emperor Bloomberg kept Rudy's plans in place to keep the city clean and safe.

Pataki? Seriously? What's the expiration date on the look back? Democrats own the legislature and there is only so much the Governor can do by himself. Do Dems ever take any responsibility? I'm PROUD of the job Rudy did! He was the best and most effective Mayor in the history of NY!

Here's NY State spending thanks to Democrat Legislature

usgs_line.php

The New York State Senate was Republican controlled for 40-odd years, until 2008. Pataki had a Republican Senate for his entire term as Governor. So you're wrong about that one.

Aside from that, I don't disagree with you. I hate Police-State Fascist Giuliani more than most politicians, but I can't argue the fact that he did clean up NY.

I love it when the USMB 'nuts continue to defend something a guy did or said long after he's already run away from it, or retracted it, or apologized for it.

i agree...on both sides....
Could it be they see that if he really has nothing against gays, like his aide and family members, then he is PANDERING to the homophobes on the Right with his inflammatory language and can't be trusted on anything he says?????

How you view homosexuals will have a huge impact on your decisions as Governor

only if those decisions are something directly affecting Gay people.....otherwise no they dont....

Yes...decisions like:

Staff hirings
Adoptive rights
Gay marriage
Civil rights protection
hate crimes

which are things directly affecting Gay people....otherwise no....the majority of things on the Governors desk are non-gay related.....

Yep.

That damn Democratic Governor George Pataki and Damn Democratic Mayor Rudolf Giuliani. Those suckers really screwed the pooch. And then New Yorkers..elected ANOTHER democrat..sheesh...Michael Bloomberg. If only the Republicans had a lock on the state..it would be fiscally sound. [/sarcasm]

But for Rudy turning around NYC, the state would be ahead of Greece at the IMF window.

You should pray to a statue of Rudy every night because when he took over, NYC was a third world Calcutta shithole where there were race riots, 2,000 annual murders and squeegee guys greeting you as you entered the city. When Rudy left the city was a world class city again and Democrat turned Republican Forbes 400 Guy Emperor Bloomberg kept Rudy's plans in place to keep the city clean and safe.

Pataki? Seriously? What's the expiration date on the look back? Democrats own the legislature and there is only so much the Governor can do by himself. Do Dems ever take any responsibility? I'm PROUD of the job Rudy did! He was the best and most effective Mayor in the history of NY!

Here's NY State spending thanks to Democrat Legislature

usgs_line.php

The New York State Senate was Republican controlled for 40-odd years, until 2008. Pataki had a Republican Senate for his entire term as Governor. So you're wrong about that one.

Aside from that, I don't disagree with you. I hate Police-State Fascist Giuliani more than most politicians, but I can't argue the fact that he did clean up NY.

Good point.

Both parties suck out loud

rdean, it gets really tiring when you accuse everyone who disagrees with your political points as hating you. You keep crying wolf. I have no clue whether this guy hates gays or not. But why on earth should any of us believe you claiming he does?

Not only that, but you seem to excuse all the hate you and your candidates have. As if you guys are alright because his hate is somehow greater than your own. Are you that unable to provide a good reason why your candidate is worthy of the position that you just accuse your opponents of hate all the time? are you that ignorant of the real issues going on in the world? Are you that bereft of ideas to fix the problems that you can't share them? Or are you completely insecure with them knowing the people will reject them if you tell them the truth?

I challenge you to go a day without attacking someone and argue your points on the merits. Tell us why we should vote for your candidate rather than why we should vote against the other guy. If you are confident in your positions, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Sadly, I don't think you can do it at this point. I don't think you support your points without being angry at someone. In fact, I think many of your positions are taken specifically because you believe you have to punish others for some unknown wrong they've inflicted on you. You have alot of anger in your heart. Until you deal with that, no one is going to care who you think is hateful because they will be able to feel your anger.

rdean, it gets really tiring when you accuse everyone who disagrees with your political points as hating you. You keep crying wolf. I have no clue whether this guy hates gays or not. But why on earth should any of us believe you claiming he does?

Not only that, but you seem to excuse all the hate you and your candidates have. As if you guys are alright because his hate is somehow greater than your own. Are you that unable to provide a good reason why your candidate is worthy of the position that you just accuse your opponents of hate all the time? are you that ignorant of the real issues going on in the world? Are you that bereft of ideas to fix the problems that you can't share them? Or are you completely insecure with them knowing the people will reject them if you tell them the truth?

I challenge you to go a day without attacking someone and argue your points on the merits. Tell us why we should vote for your candidate rather than why we should vote against the other guy. If you are confident in your positions, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Sadly, I don't think you can do it at this point. I don't think you support your points without being angry at someone. In fact, I think many of your positions are taken specifically because you believe you have to punish others for some unknown wrong they've inflicted on you. You have alot of anger in your heart. Until you deal with that, no one is going to care who you think is hateful because they will be able to feel your anger.

Dean is laughing at you right now Avatar......he can give a rats ass about honesty and being fair....he is a Dishonest Asswipe....thats all there is to it.....he aint going to change.....he is stuck in Far Left land.....never to return......

Dean is laughing at you right now Avatar......he can give a rats ass about honesty and being fair....he is a Dishonest Asswipe....thats all there is to it.....he aint going to change.....he is stuck in Far Left land.....never to return......

There is hope for everyone

Forum List

Back