Caribbean Cruise With My 2½ Year-Old Little Girl

drowe

Oct 7, 2004
We’re going on a Cruise this Sunday (Yes Super Bowl Sunday). We’re sailing out of New Orleans, going to Montego Bay Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This is my first Cruise and I'm not sure what to expect. My wife and 2½ year-old daughter are going along with the rest of our party consisting of my Sister, all of her friends and in-laws. Our party is HUGE (37 people).

Right now, the biggest worry on my mind is the safety of my daughter. I have heard horror stories about kidnappings aboard cruise ships and shore excursions etc. Has anybody else ever heard of this or am I just being an over-protective and worrisome Dad? For the most part, I’m sure we’ll have an awesome time, I just have that lingering concern in the back of my head.

Has anyone ever been on a cruise before with a toddler that can get me to loosen up?

ive heard of them, but i think for the most part they are old wives tales. but then again ive never been on a cruise.

Thanks John-

My neighbor, who has been on numerous cruises, has told me that I should have nothing to worry about too. I'm feeling a lot better about it.

We fly to the Big Easy today and we sail out tomorrow...getting a little excited.

drowe said:
Thanks John-

My neighbor, who has been on numerous cruises, has told me that I should have nothing to worry about too. I'm feeling a lot better about it.

We fly to the Big Easy today and we sail out tomorrow...getting a little excited.

I'm expecting pictures !!!

I've been on a couple cruises, and you should have nothing more to worry about with your daughter than you would when you go out in public...like the amll or a resturant.

Same holds true when going ashore...just be aware (as I am certain you always are, as a parent), of your surroundings, and use lots of sunscreen. The sun can be pretty intense that far south!

You will more than likely have a satellite feed in to the main theatre for football (I was on a cruise for the first of the Pats SB victories, and watched the whole thing....why couldn't he get the damn ball over the goal line, and the Pats lose!

Forum List

Back