career politicans

That isn't addressing my question. Why shouldn't I be able to vote for whom I wish?

What are you talking about? You think you should be able to vote for a Congressman or Senator from some other state?
??

No, I'm not talking about other states...

Then in general elections, you can. Depending on your state's rules for primaries, you will need to be registered for your party.

Seriously, term limits go against what the U.S.A really stands for.

Has it come to the point that people are too stupid that they can't elect their own leaders? Can all of you not get together in your respective states if you don't like the current policy and vote out whomever you don't like? If you live in a state that's majority Liberal or Conservative, tough luck but if you want someone to represent you who's on the other side it looks like you'll have to move.

some people would rather settle for and excuse than fight for a solution if its broke fix it even if you have to replace it

some people would rather settle for and excuse than fight for a solution if its broke fix it even if you have to replace it

Are you seriously advocating yet another Nanny law to protect the people from themselves, then claiming those who are against losing their rights are just making "excuses"? Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously advocating yet another Nanny law to protect the people from themselves, then claiming those who are against losing their rights are just making "excuses"? Are you kidding me?

if the system does work anymore should you settle for it thats what career polies hope for

if the system does work anymore should you settle for it thats what career polies hope for

Of course there is a problem. But if somebody thinks the Nanny State imposing term limits to protect them from themselves is not the solution, they are making "excuses" for wanting to both fix the system and keep their rights?

??

No, I'm not talking about other states...

Then in general elections, you can. Depending on your state's rules for primaries, you will need to be registered for your party.

??

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate...

You're correct. It would help greatly if you could say exactly what you mean by "Why can't I just vote for who I want?" That's an awfully broad question, so I keep stabbing at appropriate answers.

??

You're correct. It would help greatly if you could say exactly what you mean by "Why can't I just vote for who I want?" That's an awfully broad question, so I keep stabbing at appropriate answers.

He's proposing term limits. I want to know why he feels I shouldn't be able to vote for whom I wish.

For example, my Rep has served more than two terms. I like how he's served his constituents even though he's Republican and we do disagree on some issues. What froggy is proposing is that this man not be allowed to serve any longer, however I want to vote for him should he choose to run again.

Does that make sense now?

You're typing like an idiot. I've read your comment three times and I don't understand what you are trying to say. Use some puncuation!!!

??

He's proposing term limits. I want to know why he feels I shouldn't be able to vote for whom I wish.

For example, my Rep has served more than two terms. I like how he's served his constituents even though he's Republican and we do disagree on some issues. What froggy is proposing is that this man not be allowed to serve any longer, however I want to vote for him should he choose to run again.

Em,

It made perfect sense from the beginning. Seems some want to pick nits.

The Raven thinks that lowering their pay would not help because they are already wealthy. They just desire the power that comes with the position, and with that power comes more wealth.

The Raven thinks that lowering their pay would not help because they are already wealthy. They just desire the power that comes with the position, and with that power comes more wealth.

Which is why term limits makes no sense. The problem will still be there, the people will just be working the system that much harder to take advantage in the short time they have. Campaign finance reform, tightening ethics rules and closing the revolving door are much more direct approaches than restricting our already limited choices at the voting booth.

Do you always refer to yourself this way? Very strange.

You're typing like an idiot. I've read your comment three times and I don't understand what you are trying to say. Use some puncuation!!!

if the system doesn't work anymore, should you settle for that and like it. the politicians would like for you just except what their doing and keep your mouth shut.

Which is why term limits makes no sense. The problem will still be there, the people will just be working the system that much harder to take advantage in the short time they have. Campaign finance reform, tightening ethics rules and closing the revolving door are much more direct approaches than restricting our already limited choices at the voting booth.

I agree.

how do we get rid of them? no more than two terms should be the limit for all offices. lets make it happen.

Yeah, let's have a bunch of inexperienced attorneys running our budget all the time.

Would you want nothing but recent college grads wet behind the ears deciding who's going to get which federal grant for a highway expansion or when the President can deploy the military against a hostile power?

how do we get rid of them? no more than two terms should be the limit for all offices. lets make it happen.

Yeah, let's have a bunch of inexperienced attorneys running our budget all the time.

Would you want nothing but recent college grads wet behind the ears deciding who's going to get which federal grant for a highway expansion or when the President can deploy the military against a hostile power?

so you think americans are so dumb they'll vote for unexperienced.

??

If he's not nominated, then you would need to write in his name.

Forum List

Back