Carbon footprints

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
I wonder how big the carbon footprint was for this little Obammy lovefest. We had over a million people fly, drive, take trains and buses to a ridiculous few days of parties and glorification of the ubber rich. 600 private jets burning tons of jet fuel, security patrols, the erecting of a maze of bullshit including fast food stands and a shit load of porta-potties. The idiots from television from around the world and all of the gas burning generators to power their trucks while on location. The mountain of trash that had to be picked up and hawled away with trash trucks burning huge amounts of fuel. Traffic jams adding even more to the fuel consumption..........

Is this how it's done GREEN in the 21st Century? What a bunch of hypocritical assholes. The new GREEN President could have asked for it to be done differently, to stay home and watch on television, buy a DVD........ but that wouldn't look as impressive when "Obammy", the 4 day miniseries starring Will Smith, comes soon to your favorite network station.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
I don't have a President, George Soros does, and he plans to do whatever his Master tells him to do.

I doubt if it left as big a carbon/depleted uranium footprint that Bush's war in Iraq did.

How long have you been here? Obama was born in Hawaiaiai. How old are you. Is your avatar your picture?

I look forward to your inane banter and crying for the next 8 years.:lol:

I doubt if it left as big a carbon/depleted uranium footprint that Bush's war in Iraq did.

How long have you been here? Obama was born in Hawaiaiai. How old are you. Is your avatar your picture?

I look forward to your inane banter and crying for the next 8 years.:lol:

But Bush is not crying about manmade global warming like Obama is... rayboy - This is called hypocrisy... It obvious this word is not in the liberal dictionary...

If Obama was born in Hawaii why are there 25 or so lawsuits trying to see Obama's real birth certificate?

I wonder how big the carbon footprint was for this little Obammy lovefest. We had over a million people fly, drive, take trains and buses to a ridiculous few days of parties and glorification of the ubber rich. 600 private jets burning tons of jet fuel, security patrols, the erecting of a maze of bullshit including fast food stands and a shit load of porta-potties. The idiots from television from around the world and all of the gas burning generators to power their trucks while on location. The mountain of trash that had to be picked up and hawled away with trash trucks burning huge amounts of fuel. Traffic jams adding even more to the fuel consumption..........

Is this how it's done GREEN in the 21st Century? What a bunch of hypocritical assholes. The new GREEN President could have asked for it to be done differently, to stay home and watch on television, buy a DVD........ but that wouldn't look as impressive when "Obammy", the 4 day miniseries starring Will Smith, comes soon to your favorite network station.:cuckoo:

Little hussein is going to get away with major shit brother, and the liberal media is going to give him a pass on all of it. He IS their MESSIAH, and unfortunately don't look to republicans to say or do shit either. What a bunch of spineless pussies they've turned out to be. I'm glad to call myself an independent these days.

Little hussein is going to get away with major shit brother, and the liberal media is going to give him a pass on all of it. He IS their MESSIAH, and unfortunately don't look to republicans to say or do shit either. What a bunch of spineless pussies they've turned out to be. I'm glad to call myself an independent these days.

Agreed... Republicans have no balls... They should be holding press conferences everyday to show the American people what is going on with Pelosi and crowd because we know damn well the media is not going to cover it.

Actually the traffic was surprisingly good on ID. I was shocked. But, I think most residents just gave up. Only the Tourists and the poor saps like me who had to work were driving.

Republicans are spineless pussies...they are afraid to be unpopular in this stupid Paris Hilton pop culture society..they make me ill.

Why do liberals always start the name calling when they have no answer to the question??? By the way, everyday I look up to the heavens waiting for the money to rain down on me from the messiah. So far I'm real disappointed.

Here is the estimate of trash left behind by all of those very progressive people, you know the ones, ready to vote away our freedoms to fight the Global Warming that their heroes keep lecturing them about........ that is of course as long as it's convenient for them.

The Trash Was Historic, Too - washingtonpost.com

The Trash Was Historic, Too
Workers Pull an All-Nighter to Clear Spectators' Detritus

By Petula Dvorak
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, January 22, 2009; Page B01
The day after America's biggest yard party was all about the cleanup.

The Trash Was Historic, Too
D.C.'s Inauguration Head Count: 1.8 Million
With Right Math, Inauguration Is Second to None
View All Items in This Story
Washington trash trucks hauled away at least 130 tons of garbage after the inauguration of President Obama, with more to go. National Park Service workers picked up almost 100 tons on the Mall and near the White House.

Because most trash cans had been removed for security reasons and a record-breaking crowd gathered downtown, the mountain of rubbish left behind was of historic proportions.

"More than any Fourth of July, more than any event we've seen," Park Service spokesman William Line said.

The detritus included handwarmer packets, bottles, food, newspapers, blankets, gloves, coolers and a table or two, in addition to items bought from street vendors.

"They left behind Obama hats, Obama bags, Obama socks," said Mafara Hobson, spokeswoman for Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D). "People left behind a lot of trash. A lot of it was the vendors along the parade route, too."

About 110 city workers were assembled downtown at 6 p.m. Tuesday, ready to begin their all-night cleanup. But with crowds still thick in the streets, the hardest work had to wait, said Nancee Lyons, a Department of Public Works spokeswoman who watched some of the overnight cleanup.

"There was so much trash left behind. Piles and piles," Lyons said. "When all those people were there, you didn't realize how bad it was. But once they left, we saw the work ahead."

City workers on double and triple shifts tackled the peaks, determined to get the garbage out of downtown before the morning rush hour, Lyons said.

"People left so many of their personal effects. Blankets, sleeping bags," Lyons said. "Then the places where the vendors were, some of them just left their tables behind."

Forum List

Back