Caramelized Onions

olive oil and butter cook slow till carmelized than add a little garlic and S&P but don't let it burn!!!! Then put this on a good polish saugage or any kind of a sandwich!!!!

Use a a heavy pot, cast iron is best. Use olive oil and not butter as butter will burn before you caramelize the onions.

It takes paitents and time. Slow heat (medium) and continue to stir, stir, stir, scrape scrape scrape.

The onions will cook down A LOT. You will get about 1/8 the volume of caramelized onion per onion.

watcha doing with them EZ?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

My daughter and I love making veggie subs. We saute the green peppers and mushrooms, then TRY to carmelize the onions,,,put that on the french bread, top with cheeses and tomatoes seasoned with Itn. dressing, then bake in the oven.

It's the most tasty sammy EVER! :eusa_drool:

I would suggest you make a big batch of caramelized onions and keep them on hand. They will last a week in the fridge. :)

Thanks everyone!

My daughter and I love making veggie subs. We saute the green peppers and mushrooms, then TRY to carmelize the onions,,,put that on the french bread, top with cheeses and tomatoes seasoned with Itn. dressing, then bake in the oven.

Hey, that would be great with some smoked sausage! :eusa_whistle::lol:

Thanks everyone!

VEGETARIAN-MMA-UFC-Fighter-MacDanzi.jpg

Thanks everyone!

VEGETARIAN-MMA-UFC-Fighter-MacDanzi.jpg

It's always fun to go to imagination land. :lol:

Forum List

Back