Car violence DWARFS gun violence

there is such thing as felony DUI and you can be charged with murder by using your car as the weapon.

I know some DUIs are charged with a felony but it's very rare. It needs to be automatic in every case. Drunk driving is a super-violent crime and only psychopaths do it.
it depends on the level of alcohol in the system and if property damage was involved. are you advocating making DUI an automatic felony regardless of the circumstances?

there are actually plenty of automotive laws to make them safer. seat belts, ABS brakes, automatic cruise control, drifting sensors, back up warning indicators. i would be in favor of more driver training and more stringent testing in order to obtain a drivers license. (have you seen the retards who try to drive these days?) but there in itself is the biggest thing. in order to own and operate a car you must have 2 things, a license and insurance. neither of which you need to own and operate a gun.

it depends on the level of alcohol in the system and if property damage was involved. are you advocating making DUI an automatic felony regardless of the circumstances?

Of course - it's a super violent drug crime. Don't gimme that "special circumstances" crap. Not saying they should go to prison - we don't have the space for that. But make it a felony. That's a big penalty in itself since it means loss of some rights and inability to have many jobs. I'm not a criminal coddler.

[
True, and I believe Laura actually ran somebody over.

She KILLED her former bf. Blew a stop sign and t-boned the dood. Naturally, nothing was done to her. Her parents were rich and you know the rest.

[
obviously you lack the ability to understand an argument. most everyone on the left talks about "gun control" not "gun elimination." however whenever someone on the right hears the word gun control, they immediately interpret this to be gun elimination.

You don't understand the argument. No one, certainly not me, wants to eliminate cars. But we all should want more car control. Like lower speed limits and much stiffer penalties for speeding and DUI.
and no one wants to eliminate all guns.

Almost a HUNDRED americans killed every DAY by the car crazies on our highways, but if someone suggests lowering speed limits or making texting while driving a felony, democrats go ballistic.

Not a link in sight.

Imagine that.

they just spread their cheeks and let the shit flow from their ass-mouths.

Careful, we're about to plug it up with some new legislation.

Almost a HUNDRED americans killed every DAY by the car crazies on our highways, but if someone suggests lowering speed limits or making texting while driving a felony, democrats go ballistic.

Not a link in sight.

I didn't put in a link cause everyone but you knows the highway death toll is between 30,000 and 35,000 every year.
Here's one link among the many you could have gotten yourself in 5 seconds.

Motorists drive more, die less as traffic fatalities fall

Gun Deaths Will Exceed Traffic Fatalities By 2015, Study Says

In three years, the number of deaths caused by guns in America is expected to exceed the number of traffic fatalities for the first time in modern U.S. history.

The number of shooting deaths is expected to rise to 32,929 in 2015, according to a 10-year average based on Centers for Disease Control Data. By contrast, the number of traffic deaths is expected to continue its fall and decline to 32,036 thanks to advances in safety technology.

By contrast, "we've made policy decisions that have had the impact of making the widest array of firearms available to the widest array of people under the widest array of conditions," Garen Wintemute, a professor at the University of California-Davis, tells Bloomberg, which compiled the data.

The number of annual traffic fatalities in America peaked in 1979, with more than 53,524 Americans killed on the road. The 10-year average has fallen since.

Gun deaths peaked at 37,666 in 1993, declined to 28,393 in 2000, and have gradually increased over the past decade, according to the Bloomberg data

More Americans are killed by negligent doctors every year than Terrorists, but for some reason you assholes are clamoring for tort reform.

Cut it out with your stupid ass "x kills more than x" arguments.

ill never ever understand the mind set of a dupe like the OP. Car "violence" is typically accidental. You cant compare the two. they are mutually exclusive.

Killing others because you are on the phone texting, drunk, on drugs, eating a sandwich, playing with the radio, and pretty much not paying attention is all purely accidental.

I don't agree. Please let me explain myself before anyone jumps down my throat. Everyone knows the dangers of texting and driving, everyone knows the dangers of drinking and driving. So if you intentionally do those things while driving the it is not an accident. You knew the possibilities BEFORE you did it. You were aware you could end a life but did it anyway, so I can't call that an accident at all.

In three years, the number of deaths caused by guns in America is expected to exceed the number of traffic fatalities for the first time in modern U.S. history.

The number of shooting deaths is expected to rise to 32,929 in 2015, according to a 10-year average based on Centers for Disease Control Data. By contrast, the number of traffic deaths is expected to continue its fall and decline to 32,036 thanks to advances in safety technology.

Half the gun deaths are suicides. Why do you count those?

CaféAuLait;6525180 said:
I don't agree. Please let me explain myself before anyone jumps down my throat. Everyone knows the dangers of texting and driving, everyone knows the dangers of drinking and driving. So if you intentionally do those things while driving the it is not an accident. You knew the possibilities BEFORE you did it. You were aware you could end a life but did it anyway, so I can't call that an accident at all.

That's how i look at it too. If some nut throws a bomb into a restaurant do we call it an accident just because he wasn't aiming at any particular person.?? No we don't - the bomber knew he was endangering people and so does the DUI.

Forum List

Back