Car "Reality Show" Product

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Mitsu 3000GT VR4 ('94) that was renovated and sold on tonight's Wheeler Dealers is now on Craigslist Los Angeles, for sale by owner.

The Brits sold it to this [female] for $12 grand and as is the custom, she promised to love and cherish the car forever; now it's for sale for $14 grand. The same car. I don't know the time lag between when they tape the show and it airs, but I suspect she hasn't had it long.

Is.

Nothing.

Sacred?

Parenthetically, I ask: the car has 120,000 miles on it. The mechanic on the show had the engine halfway way taken apart, but he didn't change the timing belt, or even mention it. I wouldn't buy one of those with 120,000 unless I was satisfied that it had been recently replace, or I deducted a grand from the selling price to replace it.

The Mitsu 3000GT VR4 ('94) that was renovated and sold on tonight's Wheeler Dealers is now on Craigslist Los Angeles, for sale by owner.

The Brits sold it to this [female] for $12 grand and as is the custom, she promised to love and cherish the car forever; now it's for sale for $14 grand. The same car. I don't know the time lag between when they tape the show and it airs, but I suspect she hasn't had it long.

Is.

Nothing.

Sacred?

Parenthetically, I ask: the car has 120,000 miles on it. The mechanic on the show had the engine halfway way taken apart, but he didn't change the timing belt, or even mention it. I wouldn't buy one of those with 120,000 unless I was satisfied that it had been recently replace, or I deducted a grand from the selling price to replace it.
/——-/ Shows air 6-8 months after filmed, generally. Maybe she has buyers remorse and just wants out. It’s happened to me.

I've heard that some of the other shows get a commitment from the owners not to sell the car within a set period (probably not legally binding), because they don't want people profiting from their altruistic work,. This is not the same, but it is tacky.

BTW, having looked at these things all over the country, the $14k price is not out of line. Condition is exceptional, but mileage is a factor.

The program itself was a good compilation of information on some of the amazing technology that went into this car.

Forum List

Back