Car problem puzzler

Just got back from stress testing it , 30 miles at hwy speed, seems solid not a drop out it and seems to be running cooler. Temp gauge stayed below half mark whereas before it was between the half and three qtr point

If it starts leaking again, either Liquid Glass it, or use K&N Block Seal. Good stuff.

Got to agree on the Park Ave...it's the newest vehicle we have, a '93...runs like a top. Keep an extra coil pack handy (mines run through all three over time) and prepare to replace struts, I also put a TPS on it...other than that...gtg.

Cars....2 hobbies in one....
f138.jpg
Where's the car?

You sure it's not just a rusted freeze plug?
Was dry
All of them? Find a picture of that motor on the internet so you can see where all the plugs are. Rent a radiator pressure pump from Oreilley, and find out exactly where the leak is. You may end up doing what the mechanic suggested, but for that kind of money, it doesn't hurt to be sure.
Pretty much decided he was off base on this one. Figured if the cheap fix didnt work I'd drive it thru next winter and just keep dumping water in. Funny part is its running better than it has in awhile.

Water in the cylinder will do that. It ups the compression in the cylinder.
Had a 98 Tacoma with a TRD blower and I'd go through head gaskets like crazy.

Forum List

Back