Car insurance vs health insurance

I want to make it clear the I despise both political parties, I have never towed a party line nor ever will I. I do not believe they are for the American people, I believe they are out for their own best interests.

But,
One of the Repub's arguments was that Americans should not be forced to buy health insurance against their will by ObamaCare, that it's illegal and unconstitutional.

Now, where the hell were they when I was being forced to buy Car Insurance?

You are not being forced to buy car insurance, nor are you penalized if you don't buy car insurance.

You have to have insurance if you operate a vehicle; you don't have to operate a vehicle.

How long is it going to take before some of these idiots cease equating healthcare insurance (mandate) with Auto Insurance (Mandate)?

Nowhere does the Constitution provide for healthcare...that the Founders thought we were big boys and girls and could provide for doctors on our own?

However? Under Article 1, Section 8? The State provides for posting ROADS, and therefore may madate provisions for their use?

Boggles the mind.

They know it is an asinine comparison... they just can't help themselves.

That's a key distinction.

Auto insurance requirements are to protect others from the harm one may cause, not oneself.

Mandatory health insurance is for oneself. There is no harm to others that must be remedied.

I strongly disagree. There is not a direct harm inflicted upon others, but there is certainty an indirect one in the form of higher prices due to treatments for the uninsured.

I want to make it clear the I despise both political parties, I have never towed a party line nor ever will I. I do not believe they are for the American people, I believe they are out for their own best interests.

But,
One of the Repub's arguments was that Americans should not be forced to buy health insurance against their will by ObamaCare, that it's illegal and unconstitutional.

Because the states force you to buy auto insurance only if you choose to drive on roads that those states own.

The federal government has no right to force you buy health insurance from a private rip off firm merely because you have a pulse.

Is that clear enough or do I need to draw the flow charts?

1/2 RIGHT.
The State has no right to force anyone to insure their car or health.
The BS laws mandate 35K in liability in most states. What a crock of shit. Get into a minor accident with a broken arm and the bill is 50K.
They drove public highways for almost 70 years in most states with no BS insurance laws.
No one forces anyone to drive on the roads. Insurance companies and lawyers lobbied for the car insurance bill. We did just fine before that.
Many states did not force citizens to buy car insurance until the last decade.
Insure your own car and self. Pain and suffering claims have ruined all liability insurance both health and car.
Personal responsibility should never be replaced with mandatory insurance. Ever.

your insurance does not protect them from your reckless driving...your reckless driving is not curbed, you are still reckless....your insurance protects yourself from them suing you and coming after you for damages....up to the point of what you agree with the insurance company for...anything above that amount in their suit against you, can still come out of your own pocket.....

so essentially, we are required to buy car insurance to protect ourselves...the nanny state....

Yes, and with compulsory health insurance they are compelling American families to pay ten to twenty thousand dollars per year to INSURE against medical liability...?

The numbers are insane.

You are not being forced to buy car insurance, nor are you penalized if you don't buy car insurance.

You have to have insurance if you operate a vehicle; you don't have to operate a vehicle.

How long is it going to take before some of these idiots cease equating healthcare insurance (mandate) with Auto Insurance (Mandate)?

Nowhere does the Constitution provide for healthcare...that the Founders thought we were big boys and girls and could provide for doctors on our own?

However? Under Article 1, Section 8? The State provides for posting ROADS, and therefore may madate provisions for their use?

Boggles the mind.

To a life long conservative it is an excellent comparison.
Where were the conservatives when they mandated car insurance?
That is a liberal law if there ever was one. Trial lawyers dream come true.
Most had car insurance to protect THEIR INTERESTS correctly and sat around with their thumbs up their ass when the insurance lobby bribed state legislators.
As a result of mandatory insurance for cars premiums have skyrocketed at a 15% average rise in the last 20 years.
SAME AS health coverage which was not mandated by government BUT DEMANDED BY society and workers.
Most Republicans are CLOSET LIBERALS each and every time they demand more health care benefits FROM THEIR EMPLOYER.

your insurance does not protect them from your reckless driving...your reckless driving is not curbed, you are still reckless....your insurance protects yourself from them suing you and coming after you for damages....up to the point of what you agree with the insurance company for...anything above that amount in their suit against you, can still come out of your own pocket.....

so essentially, we are required to buy car insurance to protect ourselves...the nanny state....

Yes, and with compulsory health insurance they are compelling American families to pay ten to twenty thousand dollars per year to INSURE against medical liability...?
The numbers are insane.

we pay $7 grand a year for matt and me, with his company paying most of his portion.

i don't agree with the mandate....

i believe people making up to $70 grand a year with multiple children were suppose to get some help via a credit from the gvt contributing towards it....

anyone that's the poorest would probably get the whole thing paid for...

that won't work because it is just the golden egg via gvt, given to the insurance companies and does not do anything to hold prices down, it actually could encourage higher prices imho.

The numbers are insane.

we pay $7 grand a year for matt and me, with his company paying most of his portion.

i believe people making up to $70 grand a year with multiple children were suppose to get some help via a credit from the gvt contributing towards it....

that won't work because it is just the golden egg via gvt, given to the insurance companies and does not do anything to hold prices down, it actually could encourage higher prices imho.

You'd be right if people never got treatment if they lacked insurance. Instead, they just wait until they're really, really sick.

But,

Because the states force you to buy auto insurance only if you choose to drive on roads that those states own.

The federal government has no right to force you buy health insurance from a private rip off firm merely because you have a pulse.

Is that clear enough or do I need to draw the flow charts?

Of course you have a choice not to stay in America and avoid the forced NHC. No one makes you stay on American soil.

Boggles the mind.

But yet they rewrite the Constitution to suit their whims, and then refuse to highlight it either by the Federalists/Anti-Ferderalists. I rather tend to doubt that the many Statists here even know to what I refer without looking it up...they weren't taught this even though it's pure American History that they have been deprived of.

The numbers are insane.

You'd be right if people never got treatment if they lacked insurance. Instead, they just wait until they're really, really sick.

We have people who will not get treatment who have insurance, afraid they will run their medical costs up and get kick off the plan, or stuck in a high risk group. Gawwd knows why they pay premiums.

The numbers are insane.

no no no..... i like a great deal in obama care, however i am concerned the mandate and the health care credits that will be given to half of us, will put no hesitation on the health care industry or insurance companies to raise their prices ....if they just KNOW the gvt is paying for it via credits then the insurance could go higher and higher and higher cuz they know the gvt will fund it...

i am for cutting out insurance....the middle man pushing paper and i am for price control by our gvt, if needed....

it is BEYOND the consumer's control.....the problem with health care/insurance costs is too big for any individual to handle at this point.

We have people who will not get treatment who have insurance, afraid they will run their medical costs up and get kick off the plan, or stuck in a high risk group. Gawwd knows why they pay premiums.

As protection against a catastrophic event. Thank goodness PPACA makes that (less/un-) necessary.

no no no..... i like a great deal in obama care, however i am concerned the mandate and the health care credits that will be given to half of us, will put no hesitation on the health care industry or insurance companies to raise their prices ....if they just KNOW the gvt is paying for it via credits then the insurance could go higher and higher and higher cuz they know the gvt will fund it...

i am for cutting out insurance....the middle man pushing paper and i am for price control by our gvt, if needed....

it is BEYOND the consumer's control.....the problem with health care/insurance costs is too big for any individual to handle at this point.

That's where the medical loss ratio rules come in. The law requires insurance companies to spend a certain percentage of intake on the provision of care. So if health insurance companies began to raise rates like crazy, they'd end up feeding the money right back unless it was driven by an increase in their costs.

Forum List

Back