Car and Driver, October 2004

-=d=- said:
American cars are STILL among the best-made cars on the planet people...stop thinking like it's 1984. :)

I TOTALLY agree. I can't stand any foreign vehicles (except BMW) only because they have no real room in the trunk or seats, and no real power. Plus they have higher insurance rates because of theft. Did you know that a certain year of Nissan Altimas (2000 i think) has all the keys the SAME for the vehicles. So if you and a friend have the same year Altima, you can switch keys, and start each other's cars? Hondas are the biggest targets for theft, and cops regularly buy them from us for bait cars. The biggest reason is their parts are interchangeable with other japcrap cars.

I like the liberals who are using the corporations outsourcing to other countries to blame GWB on the bad economy, then proceed to drive VW's, Toyotas, Subarus.

There is actually a way you can tell WHERE your vehicle was manufactured-the first digit/letter of the VIN number.

Here's the list:

1-US
2-Canada
3-Mexico
4-free trade zone in USA(meaning they are not considered US manufactured-they are considered foreign-usually manuf in US territories)
5-same as #4
6-Australia
9-Brazil
S-Britain
J-Japan
k-Korea
W-Germany
V-France

oh the fun stuff you learn working for an insurance company in the theft/salvage area.

Forum List

Back