Capturing a Federal Agency

Do you believe that an agency can be "captured"?

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I was always concerned about how close-knit many Federal agencies seemed to be, especially Defense and the "revolving door" whereby a general gave one corporation a lucrative contract, and then retired to that company with a huge salary and benefits.

However, after Bernie Madoff I learned that capturing an agency is so widespread that it actually is a corporate goal. Madoff bragged that he was going to be head of the SEC. Can you imagine the damage he would have done?

I want Congress to pass laws that prohibit the "capture" of government agencies. I want the head of an agency to be independent and only one management level employee per company.

I was always concerned about how close-knit many Federal agencies seemed to be, especially Defense and the "revolving door" whereby a general gave one corporation a lucrative contract, and then retired to that company with a huge salary and benefits.

However, after Bernie Madoff I learned that capturing an agency is so widespread that it actually is a corporate goal. Madoff bragged that he was going to be head of the SEC. Can you imagine the damage he would have done?

I want Congress to pass laws that prohibit the "capture" of government agencies. I want the head of an agency to be independent and only one management level employee per company.

Great Idea

The law is you cannot accept employment with a contractor that you had a substantial role in awarding a contract to for one year.
If you were the decision authority you cannot work on that specific project ...ever

The law is you cannot accept employment with a contractor that you had a substantial role in awarding a contract to for one year.
If you were the decision authority you cannot work on that specific project ...ever
The problem is that a corporated owned President (Like Bush, Obama, Clinton, Carter etc) isn't restricted from pulling a CEO or Board memebr and placing them in charge of an agency. Our government is 100% corporate controlled because that practice has no restrictions and zero media scrutiny.

Who runs our government? The people? Nope - each department is 100% controlled by Wall $treet. Including our intelligence agencies.

I think this should be modified to, can't return to the industry for three years after your service. You need qualified people in those agency positions. It is a double edged sword.

Forum List

Back