Captured Taliban leader singing like a canary

From Jay Canucks post:

"Common Article 3 applies in "wars not of an international character" (i.e., civil wars) in a signatory to the Geneva Conventions—in this case the civil war in signatory Afghanistan. "

We are not at war with Afghanistan, so therefore what you posted doesn't matter. Terrorists do not fight for a "nation"... therefore.. another reason they are not protected by the Geneva Convention.

Thanks for posting that helpful information as to why terrorists are not covered by the GC.

the Supreme Court stated that the Geneva Conventions, most notably the Third Geneva Convention and Article 3 of the Fourth Geneva Convention (requiring humane treatment) applies to all detainees in the War on Terror.

Terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Convention. You are yet to show me something from the Geneva Convention that shows they are.

the Supreme Court stated that the Geneva Conventions, most notably the Third Geneva Convention and Article 3 of the Fourth Geneva Convention (requiring humane treatment) applies to all detainees in the War on Terror.

This is actually a good point. Of course it's also the reason we find it easier to just kill the terrorist suspects outright, rather than capture them and also why when they are captured, Obama supports renditions so the bad guys can go elsewhere and get the real torture.

I don't see how Nonelitist can be so dismisive of the SC but then again, your game set and match was pretty self-defeating on your end as well. At least it's been fun to watch. :clap2:

The intelligence is being gathered by Pakistani authorities. If it were us doing it, the fucker would have lawyered by now. Wise up!

Too subtle friend, lol. And a little to much fact bringing for this particular "conversation". But a good point in any case. Maybe we should had over everyone we happen to capture right to the Paki's. (beats them going to Holder anyway) :tongue:

I'm pro-torture, if it were up to me I'd do a lot worse than sprinkle water these pinheaded fucks.

Where were those on the left when Daniel Pearl, Kristian Menchaca, Edwin Dyer, Ken Bigley, Jack Hensley, Robert Jacob, Paul Johnson, Eugene Armstrong, Thomas Tucker and many others were beheaded? Not a word was said about the Geneva Convention from the liberal idiots when these events took place. I'm of the opinion that the liberals in this country are very much anti-American.

This is actually a good point. Of course it's also the reason we find it easier to just kill the terrorist suspects outright, rather than capture them and also why when they are captured, Obama supports renditions so the bad guys can go elsewhere and get the real torture.

I don't see how Nonelitist can be so dismisive of the SC but then again, your game set and match was pretty self-defeating on your end as well. At least it's been fun to watch. :clap2:

I'm so glad you got to voice your useless opinion.

You are pretty much alot of what is wrong wtih this world today. Just get it over with... you don't like America.

Just say it little boy... cmon... you can do it. Try to be a man and say what you really think.

You are pretty much alot of what is wrong wtih this world today. Just get it over with... you don't like America.

Just say it little boy... cmon... you can do it. Try to be a man and say what you really think.

He's a pinheaded Canadian. That pretty much sums it up.

MEDIC!! The burn it... burns me. :lol:

Which "opinion" would that be. That Obama supports rendition? That it's now preferable to kill terror suspects rather than dive into a legal hellhole?

That other places we render suspects to, or help other countries (with out inteligence service) capture have interrogation methods that would make Dick Cheney blush?

My only opinion in this thread is that I'm glad another asshole got captured and appears to be talking. That's good for us. Credit to Pakistan, credit to Obama, credit to the CIA our military and your Aunt Patty for all I care.

Terrorism Detainees: Geneva Convention Common Article 3

The U.S. Supreme Court’s June 29, 2006, decision in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld applied Common Article 3 to a global conflict with a non-state actor, al-Qaeda, taking place within the territory of a country that is a party to the Geneva Conventions, Afghanistan. Its implications are that Common Article 3 applies to the global conflict with terrorists anywhere on earth involving the territory of a party to the Geneva Conventions.

Of course, this won't make any difference to those blindly following the party of NO!

New Topics

Forum List

Back