Captured ISIS Fighter: Joining Extremists in Syria Ruined My Life

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This guy certainly sounds like he was a loser in life. No doubt many who joined ISIS are the same.

Captured ISIS Fighter: Joining Extremists in Syria Ruined My Life

by KEIR SIMMONS and CHARLENE GUBASH
Rare emergency NATO meeting called to fight ISIS 1:56
RIMELAN, Syria — A college dropout who surrendered after just three days of fighting for ISIS told NBC News that joining the militant group was worst decision he ever made.

"They burn your life, they leave nothing," the 24-year-old said from a Kurdish-run Syria where he has been held since being captured just over a month ago. "I can't do anything now. If I go to them [ISIS], they will kill me. If I go to Turkey, they will arrest me. If I stay here, I will go to prison. I have nothing. The only escape for me is death."

He added: "I have no life, no future."

A 24-year-old ISIS fighter from Turkey sits in Syria's Asayisa Rimelan prison. Keir Simmons / NBC News
The prisoner was brought out of his cell blindfolded and handcuffed during NBC News' visit to the Asayisa Rimelan compound in the northeastern Syrian town of Rimelan on Friday. At NBC News' request, his Kurdish captors removed these restraints and left the room while he was being interviewed.

He spoke on condition his name and face were not revealed. His version of events was corroborated by the prison director. The events were also confirmed by Rami Abdulrahman, the founder of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and an internationally recognized source for information on attacks and casualties.

Continue reading at:

Captured ISIS Fighter Joining Extremists in Syria Ruined My Life - NBC News

Forum List

Back