captive soldier fears he will never come home

I'm sorry to say this, but it appals me to see the political bickering going on in this thread when we should all be taking a step back and thinking more about what this young lad must be going through and the dreadful impact it must have on his family...and indeed, his brothers in arms.

Please shut the fuck up with the politics and have some respect.

Last edited:
Rain hell indeed, and I think that needs to start at home regarding the Lt. Col. that showed his ass on FOX news speculating about how that young man became a POW and how the Taliban could save the US some time and trouble:
Fox Analyst Suggests That Captured American Soldier Should Be Killed by Captors « JONATHAN TURLEY

I've never seen such disgraceful behavior in my adult life, not ever. That Lt. Col. should be hung by his gonads. He's despicable.

If I were that young man's family, I would certainly invite that pompous blowhard so-called "military expert" to some dark alley somewhere, and I would make it my life's work to ensure that hell would indeed rain down on him for his despicable comments.

Whether the soldier was a deserter or not is not a call that Fox News gets to make. That's up to lawfully appointed authority, not the enemy, some addled old publicity-hungry coot, and certainly not Fox News. Bastards. :evil:

Rain hell indeed, and I think that needs to start at home regarding the Lt. Col. that showed his ass on FOX news speculating about how that young man became a POW and how the Taliban could save the US some time and trouble:
Fox Analyst Suggests That Captured American Soldier Should Be Killed by Captors « JONATHAN TURLEY

I've never seen such disgraceful behavior in my adult life, not ever. That Lt. Col. should be hung by his gonads. He's despicable.

If I were that young man's family, I would certainly invite that pompous blowhard so-called "military expert" to some dark alley somewhere, and I would make it my life's work to ensure that hell would indeed rain down on him for his despicable comments.

Whether the soldier was a deserter or not is not a call that Fox News gets to make. That's up to lawfully appointed authority, not the enemy, some addled old publicity-hungry coot, and certainly not Fox News. Bastards. :evil:

That LTC is a fucking asshole.

Clinton: U.S. will do everything to free soldier | Reuters

clinton says the us will do everything to free soldier

A Fatwa

Treatment of prisoners-of-war in Islam
How are prisoners of war treated in Islam?

Praise be to Allaah.
Islam is the religion of mercy and justice; it commands us to call others to the religion of Allaah in a kind and good manner, and to encourage people to enter this great religion. If some people persist in rejecting the religion of Allaah and stand in the way of ruling by that which Allaah has revealed on earth, or they fight against the call to Allaah, then we give them the choice of three things:

Either they become Muslim; or if they refuse they pay the jizyah (whereby they pay a specified amount to the Muslims in return for being allowed to remain their land, and the Muslims undertake to protect them); or, if they refuse that, there is nothing left but the way which they themselves have chosen,

which is fighting and dealing violently with those who have persecuted the Muslims and put obstacles in the path of the Islamic da’wah.

In this way the Muslims will gain the upper hand and the enemies will be humiliated; then when we have killed and wounded many of them and gained the upper hand over them, we may take prisoners and bind a bond firmly on them [cf. Muhammad 47:4], because in that case it is more in tune with the idea of mercy by choice (not because we are afraid of them); at that point war should not continue any longer than is necessary. War in Islam should not be waged for the sole purpose of shedding blood or seeking vengeance. If the Muslims capture them and take them to a place that has been prepared for them, they should not harm them or torture them with beatings, depriving them of food and water, leaving them out in the sun or the cold, burning them with fire, or putting covers over their mouths, ears and eyes and putting them in cages like animals. Rather they should treat them with kindness and mercy, feed them well and encourage them to enter Islam.

This is what people are ignoring, the above is what matters to the taliban. What matters to me is that this young man does not recieve the same brutal fate as many others that did not come to the conclusion that allah is the way

Do you ever think about the humans on the other side? Imagine:

Oh. He will probably be held for an indefinite length of time – perhaps for several years. He might get humiliated, bullied, and water boarded for information. I wonder if you would wish that hell rain upon America for instances in which we harmed people that we picked up from Afghanistan. Those people that have been kept for years at Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp without a trial have family and friends – just as this soldier does.

I am unfamiliar with your posts; is this meant as a joke?

I just hope that there is no objection if the captured invader is held for years and years and years and is water boarded again and again and again. If we can do it to them then isn’t it fair that they do it to us.

Beyond that, I grant you the fact that they have decapitated prisoners. Yet, we invade and sometimes kill innocent people in the process.

They hide behind innocent people. We don't. They kidnap civilians and butcher them. We don't.

I love the assholes who equate what we do with what criminals do.

Clinton: U.S. will do everything to free soldier | Reuters

clinton says the us will do everything to free soldier

A Fatwa

Treatment of prisoners-of-war in Islam
How are prisoners of war treated in Islam?

Praise be to Allaah.
Islam is the religion of mercy and justice; it commands us to call others to the religion of Allaah in a kind and good manner, and to encourage people to enter this great religion. If some people persist in rejecting the religion of Allaah and stand in the way of ruling by that which Allaah has revealed on earth, or they fight against the call to Allaah, then we give them the choice of three things:

Either they become Muslim; or if they refuse they pay the jizyah (whereby they pay a specified amount to the Muslims in return for being allowed to remain their land, and the Muslims undertake to protect them); or, if they refuse that, there is nothing left but the way which they themselves have chosen,

which is fighting and dealing violently with those who have persecuted the Muslims and put obstacles in the path of the Islamic da’wah.

In this way the Muslims will gain the upper hand and the enemies will be humiliated; then when we have killed and wounded many of them and gained the upper hand over them, we may take prisoners and bind a bond firmly on them [cf. Muhammad 47:4], because in that case it is more in tune with the idea of mercy by choice (not because we are afraid of them); at that point war should not continue any longer than is necessary. War in Islam should not be waged for the sole purpose of shedding blood or seeking vengeance. If the Muslims capture them and take them to a place that has been prepared for them, they should not harm them or torture them with beatings, depriving them of food and water, leaving them out in the sun or the cold, burning them with fire, or putting covers over their mouths, ears and eyes and putting them in cages like animals. Rather they should treat them with kindness and mercy, feed them well and encourage them to enter Islam.

This is what people are ignoring, the above is what matters to the taliban. What matters to me is that this young man does not recieve the same brutal fate as many others that did not come to the conclusion that allah is the way

Not for nothing:
from the December 27, 2006 edition
"[...] The US armed services don't recruit by religion, but the Pentagon estimates at least 3,386 Muslims were serving in the US military as of September. No precise figures are available because, while US service members are surveyed on their religion, they aren't required to disclose it. Advocacy groups put the number at 15,000, saying many are reluctant to reveal their religion. African-Americans represent the largest share of Muslims in uniform, they add.[...]"

Uncle Sam wants US Muslims to serve | csmonitor.com

:eusa_snooty:

I am unfamiliar with your posts; is this meant as a joke?

I just hope that there is no objection if the captured invader is held for years and years and years and is water boarded again and again and again. If we can do it to them then isn’t it fair that they do it to us.

Beyond that, I grant you the fact that they have decapitated prisoners. Yet, we invade and sometimes kill innocent people in the process.

They hide behind innocent people. We don't. They kidnap civilians and butcher them. We don't.

I love the assholes who equate what we do with what criminals do.

We have committed our share of sins too. Unlike you, I won’t resort to name-calling. What a fine Christian example you present.

Last edited:
Bowe Bergdahl still alive?...
:confused:
Captured U.S. soldier's letter revives family's hopes
Thu June 6, 2013 – Letter: "He was no doubt alive"; "They are being very careful with him," Bergdahl's father writes; Bergdahl was captured after he finished his guard shift; His father believes a resolution is "getting closer"
The family of Bowe Bergdahl, a U.S. soldier captured by the Taliban in 2009, received a letter from him recently - reviving their hopes that the 27-year-old army sergeant is still alive. Bergdahl's father mentioned receiving the letter in an e-mail exchange with Dwight Murphy, the spokesman for the local POW/MIA group in Boise Valley, Idaho. "We have received a letter from Bowe through the Red Cross!" the father says in the exchange. "He was scripted and redacted but he was no doubt alive and his faculties fully functioning as of two months ago."

t1larg.bowe.bergdahl.usa.jpg

He did not say when he got the letter, but Murphy copied and pasted the exchange with the father on his Facebook page after receiving his permission to do so. The father's letter goes on say, "They are being very careful with him. He is still highly valued at high levels. "Guantanamo, drones and politics in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Washington are still the big issues." CNN was unable to reach the father late Wednesday night. The network also reached out to the military and the International Committee for the Red Cross for confirmation, but did not hear back. Last week, the military told CNN it had no reason to believe Bergdahl was dead.

Whereabouts unclear

Bergdahl was captured after he finished his guard shift at a combat outpost in southeastern Paktika province in Afghanistan. Since his capture, four videos of the Idaho native have been released. But the last video was sent in February 2011, and it's unclear where Bergdahl is being held now. He was a private at the time. The army has been giving Bergdahl promotions that would have come to him had his army career gone as planned. If he returns home safely, the army will give him all the back pay that he has earned while in captivity. His father has rarely spoken to the media.

Resolution close?

In his exchange with Murphy, he said he believed "we are getting closer to a resolution." But, he added, there seems to be a disagreement among the Taliban about the direction forward. "It appears at least several parties want to arbitrate captive SGT Bowe, several others ... want to keep fighting until every single Westerner is out," the father said.

Last year, Bergdahl's parents led the Rolling Thunder ride in Washington, and said the family holds out hope for his safe return. "Bowe, your family has not forgotten you, your hometown has not forgotten you. Your state of Idaho has not forgotten you, and thanks to all of you here today, Washington D.C. has not forgotten you," his father told a cheering crowd. "We love you, we are proud of you. Stay strong, never give up. We pray for the day that we welcome you home," he said.

Flanked by riders wanting to offer support for the safe return of his son, Bergdahl spoke separately to CNN. He sported a long beard and wore a bandana imprinted with "POW." His son's official status is listed as "missing/captured." "The beard is a chronology," Bergdahl said, "of my son's captivity since June 30, 2009."

Captured U.S. soldier's letter revives family's hopes - CNN.com

Forum List

Back