Caption please

Originally posted by jimnyc
Off handed comments do not even come close to "hate". Not wanting someone to be the leader of your country does not equal hate. Nice spin though!

Spin, huh? You don't think you have a bias and that bias doesn't effect your perceptions? I didn't say they were off hand comments, I said the comments were made in an off-hand way. You want to hang this discussion on the use of the word "hate", so be it.
No, when people have a gathering called "Hate Bush", then they get accused of hating GWB.

The event turned out to have been named something relatively innocuous, it was one of the participants who started the "Hate Bush" rumor.

Spin, huh? You don't think you have a bias and that bias doesn't effect your perceptions? I didn't say they were off hand comments, I said the comments were made in an off-hand way. You want to hang this discussion on the use of the word "hate", so be it.

Sure I'm biased, but I didn't use the word hate, YOU did! No matter what you say, NO ONE in this thread was speaking of hate until you arrived.

Sort of like the other day when Psychobabble brought Rush Limbaugh into the conversation and then swore up and down about how we look up to him when not a single person but himself brought the name up. It wasn't true for him, and us "hating" the democratic hopefuls in no more true for you. I think they're laughable, but I don't hate them for their shortcomings.

Originally posted by dijetlo
I call republicans repubs because the 3 letter abbrevaition is rep. . It gets confusing since a congressmans name is preceded by the abbreviation Rep. so I use repub instead. (Is he saying Representative Denny Haskert, or Republican Representative Denny Haskert?) I would say repub rep Haskert. I didn't think Repub was a derogatory term, if you feel it is I'll be happy to change it. I use Dem more than democrat for the same reason, it is shorter.
Nice spin, I don't buy it.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Nice spin, I don't buy it.
Posh, come up with another explanation then? I don't think Repub is a derrogatory expression. Since what is and isn't derogatory is entirely subjective, just for you, I'll start abbreviating their party name with the rep. instead of repub .
MB beleive it or not, I sometimes vote for republicans, I just don't agree with direction the party is headed currently. If you read the recent rip on PNAC, you'll have a better understanding of why.

Sure I'm biased, but I didn't use the word hate, YOU did! No matter what you say, NO ONE in this thread was speaking of hate until you arrived.
No, they were being derrogatory. The were not discussing political positions or the vision of the candidates, they were trying to decide who looked constipated. My thought was...
You would think they could have thought of a better way of promoting their agenda without showing off hatred.
for liberals. Words sound familiar, Jim? You used them when it was the dems meeting to oust Bush. The only people who called that fundraiser a "Hate Bush" meeting was Matt Drudge and the reporters too lazy to do their own research, and yet it is a big enough point for you to open a thread for the topic.
The argument is daft from its' inception, this is a free country, you can think and say anything you like. I'm just pointing out that partisans of all stripes tend to think and say extreme things. You don't hate the dem candidates, do you Jim? You really just think they are all pinheads, two of them so much so they just crapped their pants, but you don't hate them, 'cause you never used the word hate. Still, your feelings came through all the same.
I hope that didn't sting to much, but really, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Originally posted by dijetlo
Posh, come up with another explanation then? I don't think Repub is a derrogatory expression. Since what is and isn't derogatory is entirely subjective, just for you, I'll start abbreviating their party name with the rep. instead of repub .
MB beleive it or not, I sometimes vote for republicans, I just don't agree with direction the party is headed currently. If you read the recent rip on PNAC, you'll have a better understanding of why.

Don't worry dijetlo... I use Dem and Repub all the time. I don't have any patience for those who use terms like Dumb-o-crap or Re-puke-lickers, though.

No, they were being derrogatory. The were not discussing political positions or the vision of the candidates, they were trying to decide who looked constipated. My thought was...

It's called humor, I'm sorry you don't have that particular sense. You need to go back to school if you think laughing at and hating are the same thing.

for liberals. Words sound familiar, Jim? You used them when it was the dems meeting to oust Bush.

Is "liberals" suddenly a bad word? I personally think it relates to worthless pieces of shit, but I don't hate them.

The only people who called that fundraiser a "Hate Bush" meeting was Matt Drudge and the reporters too lazy to do their own research, and yet it is a big enough point for you to open a thread for the topic.

When did I open a thread on the topic? Do you even bother to read and comprehend before throwing out silly accusations?

The argument is daft from its' inception, this is a free country, you can think and say anything you like. I'm just pointing out that partisans of all stripes tend to think and say extreme things.

Gee, thanks for your permission. :rolleyes:

You don't hate the dem candidates, do you Jim? You really just think they are all pinheads, two of them so much so they just crapped their pants, but you don't hate them, 'cause you never used the word hate.

"crapped their pants"? What are you talking about? Are you still trying to attribute statements to me that I didn't make? Seriously man, please get your facts straight before posting.

I hope that didn't sting to much, but really, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Did what sting? If anything you have me laughing at your inability to simply read responses before posting. It's really not hard! Try quoting the exact words next time, it may help you with your failing memory. :laugh:

I wonder why my accuser hasn't returned to acknowledge his reading comprehension was faulty? :laugh:
Busy with other things, Junior, I made a statement about the the thread and you jumped up to defend it. Now you don't want anybodys statements but your own considered. Go back and read the posts, try again. I didn't say "you" were engaging in hate speech, I was reffering to the tenor of the thread, and was repeatedly clear about that.
Work on your own reading comprehension, mines fine. If you want to use a ploy to shift away from an argument you are loosing, you're going to have to come up with a better one than that.
It's called humor, I'm sorry you don't have that particular sense

Again read carefully, I never said they shouldn't do it, in fact I encouraged it, I just tied it to the righteous indegnation expressed by the same people at a dem fundraiser. Stay on point, Junior.
Is "liberals" suddenly a bad word? I personally think it relates to worthless pieces of shit, but I don't hate them.

If you didn't hate them, you wouldn't have that opinion of them, would you? If you choose to not use the word "hate" go ahead. You needn't restrain yourself though, everybody who reads your posts concerning liberal thinking is familiar with your feelings.
When did I open a thread on the topic? Do you even bother to read and comprehend before throwing out silly accusations?

Here's the thread, you are correct in that it was started by MB, you did participate in it. The confusion stems from your incorrect assumption that in my statements about this thread I am talking exclusively about you.
It's really not hard! Try quoting the exact words next time, it may help you with your failing memory.

This aint all about you, Junior. Get over yourself. Re-read my post and try to wrap your brain around who I am talking about when I made this statement:
You guys see it as amusing. People who don't like Bush see making similar references to GWB amusing as well, but when they do it they are accused of hating GWB, and for reasons I have never seen explained

You can't figure out that I'm reffering to the far right in my post because I am responding to you when I make the statement. Understandable mistake on your part. The fact that you follow it up with insults is childish and smacks of a desperate attempt to divert attention away from the subject we're discussing. I certainly don't think I've ever lost an argument to you, Jim. I currently have you on another thread arguing that 1 * 1.03 expresses the same value as 2*1.03. Check the mirror, I think you tin foil hat is on backwards...:laugh:

Busy with other things, Junior,

Yeah, let me guess, doing what you do best :wank:

Now you don't want anybodys statements but your own considered. Go back and read the posts, try again. I didn't say "you" were engaging in hate speech, I was reffering to the tenor of the thread, and was repeatedly clear about that.

I'm not speaking for everyone else. You quoted MY text when replying so it's only fair to assume you were attributing your comments to me.

Work on your own reading comprehension, mines fine. If you want to use a ploy to shift away from an argument you are loosing, you're going to have to come up with a better one than that.

How is it an argument I am losing? Once again, the idiot attributes statements to me that I didn't make, can't provide what I supposedly said, and then blames my reading comprehension. Oh brother!

Again read carefully, I never said they shouldn't do it, in fact I encouraged it, I just tied it to the righteous indegnation expressed by the same people at a dem fundraiser. Stay on point, Junior.

Again, and idiot makes retarded statements and now tries to backpeddle. NOBODY used the word hate. You and your tinfoil hat are trying to make more out of something that just isn't there. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

If you didn't hate them, you wouldn't have that opinion of them, would you? If you choose to not use the word "hate" go ahead. You needn't restrain yourself though, everybody who reads your posts concerning liberal thinking is familiar with your feelings.

Great, I'm glad you can finally comprehend what I'm saying. When I hate someone, you'll know that. Until then you'll just have to deal with me speaking to you in a demeaning manner in which you deserve.

Here's the thread, you are correct in that it was started by MB, you did participate in it. The confusion stems from your incorrect assumption that in my statements about this thread I am talking exclusively about you.

Your quote:
"and yet it is a big enough point for you to open a thread for the topic."

How was that not directed at me? Nice try idiot boy, but you just can't keep your stories straight.

This aint all about you, Junior. Get over yourself. Re-read my post and try to wrap your brain around who I am talking about when I made this statement:

Then stop saying "you said" when I didn't say things. Your idiotic statements are bad enough, but your backpeddling now only shows just how pathetic you really are. I'd tell you to be a man and just admit you made a mistake, but it's become abundantly clear that you are far from being a man.

You can't figure out that I'm reffering to the far right in my post because I am responding to you when I make the statement. Understandable mistake on your part. The fact that you follow it up with insults is childish and smacks of a desperate attempt to divert attention away from the subject we're discussing

Sure, sure! That's like the 10th time now I've seen you claim others are trying to wiggle out of arguments against you. I've been on this board from the beginning and haven't went anywhere. You're sorry ass doesn't even come close to making me budge. YOU stated we were "hating". YOU stated I started the other thread. YOU are the idiot! :laugh:

I certainly don't think I've ever lost an argument to you, Jim.

I don't expect a thick headed idiot to ever admit how foolish they look. Keep thinking you've made headway if it'll help you sleep better at night.

I currently have you on another thread arguing that 1 * 1.03 expresses the same value as 2*1.03. Check the mirror, I think you tin foil hat is on backwards...

You mean the other thread were you try to use smoky mirrors instead of producing factual data? It only served to prove that you are the idiot that you have been labeled. Go smack mommy for me, she obviously failed! :laugh:

Holy doodle, what has this thread turned into?

Perhaps an aplogy is in order, maybe I should have started this thread in the humor or chat section. Because humor was the only thing I had in mind when I started it, some people seemed to understand that others may not have. Most of us are interested in politics in some fashion, it is ok to enject some laughs once and a while. There were a few inital responses with humor and my post, perhaps it was a little crude, but only a parody in spirit. I do not claim to be any where near Saturday Night Live, however there has been humor for decades involving presidents and politics. I find it enjoyable when Daryl Hammond makes fun of Clinton and when Will Ferrel makes fun of Bush. Its called humor for crying out loud. There was no hate involved.

Dijetlo maybe we could compromise. I can agree that your use of Repub is nothing more than you claim and you can agree that humor was the orginal intent for the thread nothing more. And call and end to this thread.

BTW, I have been out of town for a few days and had limited access to the board, wasn't able to post much. I appreciate Jim's understanding of my intent, thanks Jim.

Forum List

Back