Captain America: Civil War

Yeah....and he makes an even dumber decision to give up power to the U.N.....they have a great track record.......just ask the Rwandans.....

Are there Rawandans in the Marvel Universe? Weren't they annexed by Wakanda (The Black Panthers fictional country)

I'm not sure what your complaint is with the UN? Could they have done something to prevent the Hutus and Tutsi's from killing each other? Maybe. Maybe not. Theres just not a lot you can do when a whole country loses its mind.

Not maybe...they had stand down orders and watched slaughters take place....and the sex trafficking by U.N. Soldiers and workers is a well known scandal.....the U.N. Is a joke....and in the actual Marvel universe...how did SHIELD work out? And the U.N. In their world would be any better?

Not maybe...they had stand down orders and watched slaughters take place....and the sex trafficking by U.N. Soldiers and workers is a well known scandal.....the U.N. Is a joke....and in the actual Marvel universe...how did SHIELD work out? And the U.N. In their world would be any better?

Again, not sure what you really expected a few hundred UN peacekeeper to do when thousands of people were fighting with machetes and guns..

Now, SHIELD is on every Tuesday for hte last four seasons... oh, wait, that's not what you were going for, eh?

Okay, seriously, I thought both sides made a good case for their positions, but they turned Cap into a Liberatarian Weenie who was insisting on the right to go into other people's countries and do whatever the fuck he wanted. And if innocent people got caught in the crossfire, that was their bad luck.

The U.N. is controlled by third-world dictators who hate Israel and hate Jews. I don't see why an American-based superhero team would want to recognize their authority.

Only a leftist loon pussy would expect super Hero's to allow themselves to be controlled by the government .

Last edited:
The UN isn't the government, it is an organization of member states mostly consisting of backwards third-world countries in the Middle East and Africa that have a hostile view towards democracy and Western civilization.

The UN isn't the government, it is an organization of member states mostly consisting of backwards third-world countries in the Middle East and Africa that have a hostile view towards democracy and Western civilization.

Yeah, you mean the majority of it's members were at one time European Colonies that got looted by European Empires, and they don't have a particularly favorable view of the countries that stole their shit and killed their people.

Hmmmmm... I wonder why.

I liked Winter Soldier quite a bit more.

What I liked about Civil War:
The new Spider Man- very fun, great retro Spider Man
Ant Man was great comic relief
I liked the basic struggle between the two groups- though I thought it was overplayed more than it was in Winter Soldier. The point was not about 'The United Nations'- it could have just as easily have been the United States insisting on the control and registration of the "Enhanced Individuals".

And at its base the movie showed two viewpoints of allowing individuals to decide what is best- Captain American and his band ignore the governments demands and pursue the bad guy- for the best of reasons.

But the bad guy- is acting according to what he thinks is best for humanity- and in the end he is the one who permanently eliminated super individuals who might have been able to beat Captain America or the Winter Soldier. But the bad guy intentionally kills innocent people along the way, and tortures to get his information.

On the bad side- I thought the movie was too busy. Probably unavoidable with all of the characters involved. I thought Avengers 1 did a fine job of portraying each character well, and Avengers 2 did a good job- this movie much less so.

I liked the basic struggle between the two groups- though I thought it was overplayed more than it was in Winter Soldier. The point was not about 'The United Nations'- it could have just as easily have been the United States insisting on the control and registration of the "Enhanced Individuals".

And at its base the movie showed two viewpoints of allowing individuals to decide what is best- Captain American and his band ignore the governments demands and pursue the bad guy- for the best of reasons.

But the bad guy- is acting according to what he thinks is best for humanity- and in the end he is the one who permanently eliminated super individuals who might have been able to beat Captain America or the Winter Soldier. But the bad guy intentionally kills innocent people along the way, and tortures to get his information.

On the bad side- I thought the movie was too busy. Probably unavoidable with all of the characters involved. I thought Avengers 1 did a fine job of portraying each character well, and Avengers 2 did a good job- this movie much less so.

I can't wait to see it; but I will! I usually never go to the theater and either buy the DVD or wait until it hits cable! I hate these new multi-cineplexes; blasting sound enough to bust an eardrum! People talk louder to be heard and they still allow these losers to use their cells inside! I haven't been to one since taking my nieces and nephew to see "Poppins' Penguins!" That's been many years! I've only been 5 or 6 times in 30 years when I used to really enjoy going all the time in the 70's! I can still remember the movies I did check out; "Clue, J Carpenter's, Prince of Darkness, Hell's Gate, and someone took me to see Interview W/ A Vampire!" I can wait patiently to see in my own good time even if it's something great! ;-/

I can't wait to see it; but I will! I usually never go to the theater and either buy the DVD or wait until it hits cable! I hate these new multi-cineplexes; blasting sound enough to bust an eardrum! People talk louder to be heard and they still allow these losers to use their cells inside! I haven't been to one since taking my nieces and nephew to see "Poppins' Penguins!" That's been many years! I've only been 5 or 6 times in 30 years when I used to really enjoy going all the time in the 70's! I can still remember the movies I did check out; "Clue, J Carpenter's, Prince of Darkness, Hell's Gate, and someone took me to see Interview W/ A Vampire!" I can wait patiently to see in my own good time even if it's something great! ;-/

Each to his own.

We enjoy going to the movies, luckily we have some theaters which are not the typical multiplexes even when they are mulitple theaters.

Some movies I just want to see the big screen.

Forum List

Back