Caprise Has Replaced The Rule of Law

Where did OP (PoliticalSpice) go to law school? :eusa_think:

I dare say the SCOTUS knows a tad bit more about the law than her

There are stretches of the parkway that know more about any subject imaginable than you do.

I'm always amazed that there are posters like you who are never able to provide a post of any......any.......substance.
I have a Carassius auratus more informative than you are.

It's as though you post so as to say....'see....I'm still alive.'
Whoopeee.
She is a Stalinist plant. I've suspected her of being a direct descendant of Roosevelt for quite some time! :eek:
I think you stumbled upon the truth. She has to be a plant because no one is that far out there.

Where did OP (PoliticalSpice) go to law school? :eusa_think:

I dare say the SCOTUS knows a tad bit more about the law than her

There are stretches of the parkway that know more about any subject imaginable than you do.

I'm always amazed that there are posters like you who are never able to provide a post of any......any.......substance.
I have a Carassius auratus more informative than you are.

It's as though you post so as to say....'see....I'm still alive.'
Whoopeee.
She is a Stalinist plant. I've suspected her of being a direct descendant of Roosevelt for quite some time! :eek:
I think you stumbled upon the truth. She has to be a plant because no one is that far out there.
And she is really Vietnamese...

19. "Alas, the Supreme Court’s handling of Obamacare is a stark illustration of what results when the judicial and executive branches collude to rewrite the laws passed by the legislative branch.

In the first major Obamacare decision, NFIB v. Sebelius, the Court rewrote the Act’s “penalty” clause to make it into a “tax,” thus saving the law from constitutional attack. And now the phrase “established by the State” has been effectively excised from the text."
SCOTUS-care Is Here to Stay by Adam Freedman City Journal June 26 2015

a. “The Court’s decision reflects the philosophy that judges should endure whatever interpretive distortions it takes in order to correct a supposed flaw in the statutory machinery. That philosophy ignores the American people’s decision to give Congress ‘[a]ll legislative Powers’ enumerated in the Constitution. They made Congress, not this Court, responsible for both making laws and mending them.”
Justice Antonin Scalia

Did you mean: definition caprice

Searches Related to definition caprise

Yes
so you misspelled the title of the thread and you want the board intellectuals, us Lefties, to take you seriously?

Yes
so you misspelled the title of the thread and you want the board intellectuals, us Lefties, to take you seriously?

I cry at funerals.

It seems that the tears got in the way.

Yes

I cry at funerals.

It seems that the tears got in the way.
Honesty from you, and I am honestly impressed.

Yes, I cry at funerals, too, certainly at Reverend Pinckney's.

20. "The result of all this judicial activism is that a law that was sold to the public as creating a system of state-based exchanges with no new taxes has been turned into a system dominated by a federal exchange and enforced via taxes.

In dissent, Justice Scalia—joined by Justices Thomas and Alito—rightly accuses the majority of ignoring the rule of law; “that ours is a government of laws and not of men.” Given the judicial makeover of the ACA, Scalia suggests that “we should start calling this law SCOTUSCare.”

Hard cases, according to the cliché, make bad law. But the current Supreme Court has reached a new jurisprudential milestone: it can make bad law out of cases that ought to be easy."
SCOTUS-care Is Here to Stay by Adam Freedman City Journal June 26 2015

What is left to say?

TANNHÄUSER's last words in Wagner's classic opera apply to America........

"Heilige Elisabeth, bitte für mich!"
(....pray for me!)

SCOTUS is the weakest of the three branches, for it has neither an army nor the taxes. But it has the Spirit of America and its Law to guard, and the last two weeks, it has done marvelously well.

Law is given. It comes from so deep inside us that it can't be changed by any act of a legislature or decision by any court. What we are calling law is merely the product of political will.
The sc kicked the political football back into the political arena where it belongs.

Forum List

Back