Capitol police canvass Congressmen for "list of threats"

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Here's what hand-wringing about "civil discourse" gets you. Congressmen who send the FBI to your home to shut you up.

Forget the Patriot Act.

FBI pays visit to blogger as potential "threat" - War Room - Salon.com

This local ABC report out of southwest Missouri suggests a law enforcement response to the mass shooting in Arizona that has, until now, been conducted behind the scenes:

CHRISTIAN COUNTY, Mo. — A local blogger who was critical of Rep. Billy Long during last year's congressional campaign has been interviewed by the FBI about his encounters with the congressman.

Clay Bowler, who lives in Christian County, says he was shocked to find an agent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation at his doorstep. Accompanying the agent was Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott.

The agent asked Bowler if he was a threat to Long, a notion Bowler finds laughable.

Long, an auctioneer and former talk radio host, is a freshman member of the new Congress. The blog in question, Long is Wrong, is now behind a password wall. Though Long is a Republican, the blog apparently attacked him from the right. While Bowler apparently "confronted" Long at some campaign events, there's no suggestion in the ABC article that he ever threatened the candidate.

The local sheriff casts some light on what may be going on here:

Arnott confirmed to KSPR News that Bowler isn't the only local person who's been scrutinized in the wake oflast weekend's shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Gifford (D-AZ) during a meet-and-greet with constituents in Tucson, Ariz.

Arnott said U.S. Capitol police canvassed members of Congress to come up with a list of people across the country who might be considered potential threats to members of Congress.

Billy Long is Wrong

This guy has not blogged about Long since the election.

The government views anyone who wants to cut their budget as a threat as well. Think about that.

Well, if I did my best, I should be on my two Senator's lists. Liberal bastards.

OH NOES!!!

The feds are asking questions!!!! The entire nation is threatened. I bet it must be unconstitutional. Wingnuts think everything they don't like is unconstitutional :lol:

Forum List

Back