Capitalistic RIP OFF! Warning!

my home is less than 1500 square feet... we are primarily looking for a wood stove to heat the downstairs, about 900 square feet...

I have been advised NOT to get a wood stove that was too big for the area...was I advised wrongly and I can buy the 1800 square foot one and be okay with it, where i will not be over heated out of the living room where it will be placed?

It is primarily an opened space, for the kitchen, dining and living room, but there is a master with a bath also on the first floor and a closed off mudroom type vestibule that closed off with a door, that leads to the upstairs...where if the door is left open to this foyer, the heat from the living room would rise upstairs, I believe?

How many square feet exactly ?

:)

my home is less than 1500 square feet... we are primarily looking for a wood stove to heat the downstairs, about 900 square feet...

I have been advised NOT to get a wood stove that was too big for the area...was I advised wrongly and I can buy the 1800 square foot one and be okay with it, where i will not be over heated out of the living room where it will be placed?

It is primarily an opened space, for the kitchen, dining and living room, but there is a master with a bath also on the first floor and a closed off mudroom type vestibule that closed off with a door, that leads to the upstairs...where if the door is left open to this foyer, the heat from the living room would rise upstairs, I believe?

How many square feet exactly ?
well, according to My napkin, that would be 600 sq. ft.

:eusa_angel:

Those two ceiling fans have made my whole house MUCH MORE comfortable. My house is about 1,400 sq feet open floorplan and EVERY part of it feels better due to those two fans. A few hundred bucks and a few hours of cusing and skinning up my arms was well worth it.
it took you a couple hours to hang 2 ceiling fans?

and you managed to hurt yourself in the process? :eek:

your name wouldn't be Tim Taylor, would it
:lol:

Hey dive I didn't want to go up into the attic and the REAL problem was getting the old electrical box bracket out to put in one capable of holding the weight of the Fan.
ah, you had to replace the box
i didnt have to do that when i installed one, just had to put in some heavy screws to secure

I purchased one of these and I plan to use it in my living room this year.

40in%20Black%20Granite%20&%20Stainless%20Fire%20Pit6w.jpg

Real cheap!

So, this morning I decide to look on line at Home Depot and Lowes for a wood stove. We were going to buy one last year and never got a chance. Both Home depot and Lowes had the same stove to heat a 1500 square foot home for around $599 last year, the same parent company made them for both companies, under each company's private label or exclusive label...but my research found that it was the same company making both and the features and benefits of the toves at both stores were identical...but at times one store over the other offered free shipping....

I go to home depot and the cheapest stove is around $1200 bucks this year!!!!!!!!

<SNIP>

This is NOT the government's fault...this is pure GREED of the corporation and price fixing by them both, imo, so that they both have the same prices...instead on one of them not raising their prices, we have them in cahoots on pricing.

Damn it....this really pisses me off...

Care
Care; please post the name of the product (or send by PM) you are referring to and I will check into the cost and pricing for you to try to see what is going on. I suspect that everything is not known, and a lot of unwarranted assumptions are being made. I also suspect these stoves are domestic products because of the higher unit shipping costs from an overseas manufacturer because of unit weight and cartoning. We have a wood stove manufacturer right here in my locale. Before I start asking questions and pestering people at Lowes and Home Depot I would like to have the manufacturers name of the unit you were interested in buying last year as well as this year. I can't promise I'll come up with anything but I will spend some time on the phone and talk to manufacturing and marketing people.

Thank you....

Last edited:
So, this morning I decide to look on line at Home Depot and Lowes for a wood stove. We were going to buy one last year and never got a chance. Both Home depot and Lowes had the same stove to heat a 1500 square foot home for around $599 last year, the same parent company made them for both companies, under each company's private label or exclusive label...but my research found that it was the same company making both and the features and benefits of the toves at both stores were identical...but at times one store over the other offered free shipping....

I go to home depot and the cheapest stove is around $1200 bucks this year!!!!!!!!

<SNIP>

This is NOT the government's fault...this is pure GREED of the corporation and price fixing by them both, imo, so that they both have the same prices...instead on one of them not raising their prices, we have them in cahoots on pricing.

Damn it....this really pisses me off...

Care
Care; please post the name of the product (or send by PM) you are referring to and I will check into the cost and pricing for you to try to see what is going on. I suspect that everything is not known, and a lot of unwarranted assumptions are being made. I also suspect these stoves are domestic products because of the higher unit shipping costs from an overseas manufacturer because of unit weight and cartoning. We have a wood stove manufacturer right here in my locale. Before I start asking questions and pestering people at Lowes and Home Depot I would like to have the manufacturers name of the unit you were interested in buying last year as well as this year. I can't promise I'll come up with anything but I will spend some time on the phone and talk to manufacturing and marketing people.

Thank you....
it has pretty much been dissected already ;)

Forum List

Back