Capitalism with higher capital gains taxes means...

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
less capitalism and less jobs.

If venture capitalists lose capital to liberal taxation they have less capital for new ventures like Apple, Intel, HP, Facebook, and Goggle.

In the industry they say it means "fewer shots on goal"

Democratic ignorance is always astounding to Republicans.

Bullshit.

Super low capital gains taxes means that the super rich pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

They means YOU have to pay more.

Bullshit.

Super low capital gains taxes means that the super rich pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

They means YOU have to pay more.

too stupid, new huge companies like Apple Google Intel generate a huge tax base!!

NYSUN: It came when Mr. Gibson questioned Senator Obama about the capital gains tax. Mr. Gibson quoted Mr. Obama as talking about raising the tax to 28% from 15%.

"But actually, Bill Clinton, in 1997, signed legislation that dropped the capital gains tax to 20 percent," Mr. Gibson said. "And George Bush has taken it down to 15 percent. And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased; the government took in more money. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28 percent, the revenues went down. So why raise it at all, especially given the fact that 100 million people in this country own stock and would be affected?"

Chris, you're perfectly brainwashed!! Good for you

If venture capitalists lose capital to liberal taxation they have less capital for new ventures like Apple, Intel, HP, Facebook, and Goggle.

Why not raise the capital gain tax, and lower the corporate tax. Then more money will stay in the corporations.

We have the possibility to start an own investment company, and then pay 0 taxes when you trade stocks. But if you take out the surplus for personal consumption you’ve to pay 28% in capital gain tax.
But as long as the money statys in "your personal investment company" and you just change your stocks you pay 0 taxes.

Why not raise the capital gain tax, and lower the corporate tax. Then more money will stay in the corporations.

We have the possibility to start an own investment company, and then pay 0 taxes when you trade stocks. But if you take out the surplus for personal consumption you’ve to pay 28% in capital gain tax.
But as long as the money statys in "your personal investment company" and you just change your stocks you pay 0 taxes.

Bingo!

no idea what you're talking about? Any way you cut it if you raise the capital gain tax you lower capitalism and jobs. Most partnerships are flow through entities so the income is out and personal automatically.

Last edited:

no idea what you're talking about? Any way you cut it if you raise the capital gain tax you lower capitalism and jobs

Actually you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about.

When take your money out of a business, you pay capital gains.

So having a low capital gains tax actually discourages investment.

no idea what you're talking about? Any way you cut it if you raise the capital gain tax you lower capitalism and jobs. Most partnerships are flow through entities so the income is out and personal automatically.

I’ll try to explain. Lets say you start your own invesment company, meant for trading stocks. You buy stocks for 20k in google, then after one year you sell it for 30k. The you have earned 10k.
As long as this money stays in your investment company, you pay 0 in taxes. But if you decide to take out this money for personal conumption you’ve to pay 28% in capital gain tax.
Personal consumption e.g. buy a car, new clothes etc. If you take out money to do that you’ve to pay 28% in capital gain tax.

But if you decide to keep the money in your investment company you don’t pay taxes, that way you’ll be stimulated to invest instead of taking out the money for personal consumption e.g. buy clothes a new watch etc.

I’ll try to explain..

your going to explain the IRS data away???

Heritage: A general consensus exists that a higher capital gains tax rate would harm the economy, but at what point would the revenues lost due to slower economic growth exceed the revenues gained from the higher tax rate? How many jobs would be lost and how many wage gains would be missed to implement the President’s notion of tax "fairness”? Analysis by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) in the President’s budget provides the basis to answer these questions: Only a slight reduction in economic growth will offset the revenue gained from raising the capital gains tax, producing little tax revenue on net. It is more likely to reduce total federal receipts.

In 1990, when the Congress considered a 30 percent cut in the rate on gains, OTA estimated that such a cut would increase revenues by $12 billion over five years; the JCT projected a loss of $11 billion. If they had not factored in a realizations response, the two agencies would have estimated revenue costs of $80 billion and $100 billion, respectively--effectively illustrating how large a behavioral response is incorporated in capital gains revenue estimates.

In general, there is significant consensus that broad-based reductions in taxes on capital have the potential to boost economic growth over the long run. Reductions in capital taxation increase the return on investment and therefore the formation of capital. The resulting increase in the capital stock yields greater output and higher incomes throughout much of the economy.
In particular, treating capital gains favorably can reduce the inefficiency caused by the double taxation (under both the corporate income tax and the individual income tax) of corporate profits. And innovation and entrepreneurship may also respond positively to lower capital gains tax rates.

Eliminating the lock-in effect on the allocation of capital is often cited as a potential economic benefit from reducing capital gains rates.

And while reductions in the overall taxation of capital income can measurably increase economic growth,

DonLuskin: Those are the estimates. Now let’s see how things really turned out. Take a look at Table 4-4 on page 92 of the Budget and Economic Outlook released this week. You’ll see that actual liabilities from capital-gains taxes were $71 billion in 2004, and $80 billion in 2005, for a two-year total of $151 billion. So let’s do the math one more time: Subtract the originally estimated two-year liability of $125 billion from the actual liability of $151 billion, and you get a $26 billion upside surprise for the government. Yes, instead of costing the government $27 billion in revenues, the tax cuts actually earned the government $26 billion extra.

CBO’s estimate of the “cost” of the tax cut was virtually 180 degrees wrong. The Laffer curve lives!

no idea what you're talking about? Any way you cut it if you raise the capital gain tax you lower capitalism and jobs

It comes through as income and is taxed as income. If you sell your company and make a profit, your profit is subject to cap gains and income based on how your corp, LLC, s corp, company, is set up.

It comes through as income and is taxed as income. If you sell your company and make a profit, your profit is subject to cap gains and income based on how your corp, LLC, s corp, company, is set up.

Most importantly, you don't want a situation where liberal bureaucrats are setting tax rates to get an artificial outcome. You want a free market outcome because it is the most efficient outcome.

You want people to buy and sell assets when it makes economic sense not when it makes tax sense.

A liberal bureaucrat doesn't know when you should buy or sell so the last thing he should do is encourage you one way or the other.

A liberal will lack the IQ to understand the huge complexity of the free market so will always imagine he can control it to get a better outcome.

But, as Adam Smith said, "no man can make a pin, let alone control an entire economy"!

Last edited:

If you want the biggest corporations to get even bigger, that's an excellent idea. Less competition for the big boys, more "too big to fail" companies. Beautiful. You own stock in GE by any chance?

If you want the biggest corporations to get even bigger, that's an excellent idea. Less competition for the big boys, more "too big to fail" companies. Beautiful. You own stock in GE by any chance?

With 20 million unemployed we want all corporations, large and small, to get much bigger. Is that really over your head. Your liberal brainwashing is preventing you from caring about the unemployed!!

CON$ervative ignorance is always astounding to honest people.

Capital gains tax should be set high and never changed. Low or no capital gains tax only encourages speculation, it does not encourage investment. With a high capital gains tax people will hold on to their capital assets longer reducing get rich quick speculation.

Every time cap gains tax is cut you get a boom and then a bust. Keeping cap gains tax high and you get steady growth.

Most importantly, you don't want a situation where liberal bureaucrats are setting tax rates to get an artificial outcome. You want a free market outcome because it is the most efficient outcome.

You want people to buy and sell assets when it makes economic sense not when it makes tax sense.

Lets say you trade stocks: You buy for 20k in google, and sell it for 30k. Then you pay 15% of your gain in taxes. 15% of 10.000 is 1500. Then you have 28.500 left to buy stocks for.

If I trade I buy the same stocks 20k in google, and sell it for 30k. I have an own invesment company and as long as I keep it their I pay 0 in capital gain tax. So then I think, I don’t want to take out that money from my invesment company because then I have to pay 28% in taxes.
I decide to invest in new stocks. I have 30k to invest for, you only have 28.5k since you had to pay capital gain tax.

So for you it is neglible if you decide to invest in new stocks or if you want to take out the profit to spend on clothes or watches, you pay 15% in CG tax anyway.

For me, I don’t pay CG tax so I will be stimulated to invest, if I take it out to buy clothes or a watch I will be taxes 28%.

So for you its negligble if you invest or take out the money for personal consumption, I will be stimulated to invest because if I take it out for consumption I’ll pay 28% in taxes. If i Invest I pay 0. That way the money stays in the stock market, for you its neglible if you consume or invest.

Low or no capital gains tax only encourages speculation,

that's 100% illiterate. It assumes that a proper level of taxaction produces the right amount of capitalism. The right amount is exaclty what happens without liberal fool bureaucrats 1000's of miles away guessing what is the right amount for local experts.

As Adam Smith said, no one can make a pin, let alone control an entire economy!!

Its possibly the most famous statement in all of economics. I suggest you try to learn what he meant.

I will be stimulated .

a liberal fool bureaucrat 1000's of miles away has no idea whether you should invest or not. THe Fed encouraged investment and almost caused a depression?

Is that really over your head??

got anymore good jokes?

Tell that to the venture capitalists of the amazing boom years from 1945 to 1970.

Forum List

Back