Capitalism ? Greed ?

Lol...That wasn't the two year period of monetarism.

Are you of the impression that Milton supported commodity money?

No.

I picked up Milton Freidmans Monitary History of the United States years ago while in college. I couldn't even understand it. So I took Macro and Micro economics and tried again. Nope, still couldn't understand Freidman. I am ilequiped to debate monetarism via Freidmans method. I was just playing around with you. Have you read his work? Not his political but scientific? I am assured that you are just another liberal nobody that Freidman could rhetorically smash as he has so many liberal academics, students, and politicians. After kicking so much ass liberals stoped bringing him on to their shows and people debated him in his absence which continues after his death. Then liberals whined when they tried to name a school after him. The Volokh Conspiracy - The Milton Friedman Institute and Ideological Intolerance in Academia:
Milton Friedman Institute for Research in Economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The economist that gave me fits was another U of Chicago economist Thorstein Velan, but I did like his conspicous consumption ideas.
Are you referencing to Thorstein Veblen, he of "Veblen goods"?

Oh, you seem to be confused. You don't have to sure (do you mean shore?) up inflation in 18 months. In the Volcker's case he wring inflation in about 2 years but the oscillating target rates caused a host of negative macroeconomic effects. It would have been more effective with less pain if they had targeted rates and allowed the money supply to fluctuate.

Major, emphases on the word "major," macroeconomic changes always have a negative event on the microeconomic situation. I guess the question is, was it worth it? And from what I can see, (not relevant), Reagan got out of a big mess much quicker than Obama, and with higher unemployment than Obama to boot.

Two completely different economic crises, with very different causes. In both cases the Federal Reserve played a far larger role than the legislative or executive branches. The most recent recovery has been slower but it hasn't been accompanied by a second recession.

Oh, you know it can be siad that Congress and previous Presidents made it possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzCG80Wz4mg]Democrats Blocking Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Reform - YouTube[/ame]

Major, emphases on the word "major," macroeconomic changes always have a negative event on the microeconomic situation. I guess the question is, was it worth it? And from what I can see, (not relevant), Reagan got out of a big mess much quicker than Obama, and with higher unemployment than Obama to boot.

Two completely different economic crises, with very different causes. In both cases the Federal Reserve played a far larger role than the legislative or executive branches. The most recent recovery has been slower but it hasn't been accompanied by a second recession.

Oh, you know it can be siad that Congress and previous Presidents made it possible.
All sorts of things can be said. Even inaccurate ones that contend the minority party in a congressional committee can prevent or allow any piece of legislation to move.

Hint: The Dems were the minority party. It was the Bush administration that halved reserve ratios for the largest financial institutions and gave low income people $5,000 towards a downpayment.

I am glad my post started a healthy debate. I just thought it was funny how Phil Donahue looked liked a clueless puppy when listening to facts he didn't want to hear.

Phil Donahue 31 years ago, proves, like most Liberals, he didn't have a clue. Sad thing is, he never learned since then, either.

banker-pig-in-suit-counts-his-wealth-via-Shutterstock1-615x345.jpg

Forum List

Back