Capitalism: Deeds & Drugs?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Capitalism has created a new philosophy of social coordination (e.g., European Union, NATO, Wall Street, etc.).

It is therefore fruitful to ask, "Does capitalism create multiple 'kinds' of courage?"

The world of entertainment offers differing images/viewpoints on the nature of courage in this new world of profit-driven networking --- e.g., The Wolf of Wall Street, The Good Thief, etc.

The popular real-estate American board game Monopoly (Parker Brothers) is now an app available for the iPhone.

The A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) robotics fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers (Hasbro), which includes full-length Hollywood (USA) films such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon, presents images of brave and daring robots battling for precious 'energon cubes' on Earth which serve as 'monetary currency' for the robots.

So here's a mock dialogue between two robots from the Transformers franchise discussing the impact of capitalism on energy-use across the globe. I'm referencing entertainment-world avatars, since they symbolize a human investment in 'sweat sanitariums.'

====

SCOURGE: What do you make of the World Bank, Cyclonus?
CYCLONUS: It represents an Earth-wide interest in networking based purely on profits.
SCOURGE: Maybe NATO is to the World Bank what the IRA was to Sinn Fein.
CYCLONUS: That sounds plausible for an economics-based species.
SCOURGE: American youngsters enjoy playing the real-estate game Monopoly (Parker Brothers).
CYCLONUS: It's also an app for iPhones now.
SCOURGE: I wonder if ISIS will attack the EU the way the Taliban attacked the WTC.
CYCLONUS: Courage is defined by survival.
SCOURGE: Courage is also gauged by risk-evaluation.
CYCLONUS: Who is braver --- a pirate or a tycoon?
SCOURGE: It depends on who they preside over.
CYCLONUS: Oil companies (e.g., BP) may be robber-barons.

====

cards.jpg

transformers.jpg

Forum List

Back