"Capitalism: A Love Story" by Michael Moore

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
I watched about 1/2 of Moore's film, and I was wondering what anyone found in it that wasn't the truth about capitalism and the downfall of America to the rich and corporations?

Thoughts?

Jesus. First a John Q thread, now a Michael Moore capitalism is bad thread?

Do all you liberals really get your ideological views from HOLLYWOOD MOVIES?????

Let me ask you this: Capitalism made Micael Moore rich by allowing him to make edited movies for retards like you to pay him for. Unless I missed the part about Michael Moore giving away all his money except $50,000 a year for living costs??????

I guess Moore left out the other deleted scene in that movie:

(Moore): "See, under capitalism, I can make a movie ranting about capitalism, and then retarded left wingers will flock to buy a ticket, rent it, or buy the DVD and make me rich!!!!"

You're just now seeing it dude? Awesome documentary.

LoLing @ it being a "Hollywood Movie"

It depicts how far and overboard capitalism has gone.

People who intectually stick their fingers in their ear and scream "la, la, la, la la!" absolutely crack me up.

I watched about 1/2 of Moore's film, and I was wondering what anyone found in it that wasn't the truth about capitalism and the downfall of America to the rich and corporations?

Thoughts?
There never was a downfall, that's a myth, thanks to the bailout they all have their wealth again...its everyone else that has to suffer now, if the US economy actually collapses then they will take their money and try to flee the country, but I am sure a few will find themselves lynched before then, including the President, Congress, the Senate and their cronies should they themselves be foolish enough to try anything similar. I think its been said so many times, but French Revolution anyone? :lol:

I have no interest in what that asshole has to say.
I used to at least watch his documentaries,(left wing propaganda movies), and laugh at the nonsense he spews. But his rich, half ton ass bitching about the healthcare system was the last I waste any time on him. His money, and American healthcare, will save that hypocritical whales' ass one of these days, and do you think he will give any thanks for it? No fuckin' way, there will be a movie about how he woke up with an itchy ass or something.

You're just now seeing it dude? Awesome documentary.

LoLing @ it being a "Hollywood Movie"

It depicts how far and overboard capitalism has gone.

People who intectually stick their fingers in their ear and scream "la, la, la, la la!" absolutely crack me up.

Marc....Moore is like Dean....bring up a good point.....and then start slinging some bullshit.....Bowling for Columbine was pretty one sided.....his Medical thing Sick....was very biased.....he never showed the other side of the Island and showed how the "Peasants" receive this great Medical Care he says Cuba has.....all in all Moore has an agenda.....give us his view on things and the bottom line>......$$$$$$$......

I watched part of it.

It's not a documentary b/c documentaries are based on all the facts not the ones liberals like.

You guys are fools. You know he's a whack job and yet you buy his crap like it's gospel.

Marc....Moore is like Dean....bring up a good point.....and then start slinging some bullshit.....Bowling for Columbine was pretty one sided.....his Medical thing Sick....was very biased.....he never showed the other side of the Island and showed how the "Peasants" receive this great Medical Care he says Cuba has.....all in all Moore has an agenda.....give us his view on things and the bottom line>......$$$$$$$......

Who DOESN'T show mostly their side of things when presenting an argument?

He was counteracting the current meme that said that everything was hunky dorey. Keep that in mind.

Who DOESN'T show mostly their side of things when presenting an argument?

He was counteracting the current meme that said that everything was hunky dorey. Keep that in mind.

his gun thing was devoid of the other sides point of view...why?.....kinda makes it dishonest....same thing with Sicko.....dishonest.....so without even seeing this one.. im kinda figuring this "documentary"....was no doubt dishonest too....and probably fairly one sided....

How leftist eat up Moore is fascinating.
Anybody who has bothered for even a few moments of study on the man will learn he is a fraud in almost every detail going by to the very beginning of his career.
The man to this day still lies about where he was born an raised for Pete's sake, despite concrete absolute proof he was raised in a wealthy town called Davison near Flint.

His films are chocked full of falsifications, grossly edited footage and outright, unapologetic lies. He even says so himself.
But yet, leftist still call the films "brilliant" "great" etc. etc.

It boggles the mind how someone can accept a lie, and then call it brilliant.

Anybody who has bothered for even a few moments of study on the man will learn he is a fraud in almost every detail going by to the very beginning of his career.
The man to this day still lies about where he was born an raised for Pete's sake, despite concrete absolute proof he was raised in a wealthy town called Davison near Flint.

His films are chocked full of falsifications, grossly edited footage and outright, unapologetic lies. He even says so himself.

As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 5,536 people, 2,496 households, and 1,465 families residing in the city. ....

The median income for a household in the city was $37,482, and the median income for a family was $51,925. Males had a median income of $42,719 versus $28,222 for females. The per capita income for the city was $24,449. About 5.6% of families and 6.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.9% of those under age 18 and 7.6% of those age 65 or over.

Davison, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2006, the "real" (adjusted for inflation) median annual household income rose 1.3% to $50,233.00 according to the Census Bureau.[4] The real median earnings of men who worked full time, year-round climbed between 2006 and 2007, from $43,460 to $45,113 (about 3.6 time minimum wage in 2006 to 3.7 time minimum wage in 2007). For women, the corresponding increase was from $33,437 to $35,102 (2.8 and 2.9 times minimum wage respectively). The median income per household member (including all working and non-working members above the age of 14) was $26,036 in 2006.[5] In 2006, there were approximately 116,011,000 households in the United States. 1.93% of all households had annual incomes exceeding $250,000.

Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so a median household income that is 4/5ths the national average is a "wealthy suburb"?

He never lied about where he lived, were he was born, you just imagined as much. His online bios all say born in Flint, raised in Davison. Davison is a suburb of Flint two miles from the Flint incorporated zone. Most people would consider that part of Flint.

As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 5,536 people, 2,496 households, and 1,465 families residing in the city. ....

The median income for a household in the city was $37,482, and the median income for a family was $51,925. Males had a median income of $42,719 versus $28,222 for females. The per capita income for the city was $24,449. About 5.6% of families and 6.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.9% of those under age 18 and 7.6% of those age 65 or over.

Davison, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2006, the "real" (adjusted for inflation) median annual household income rose 1.3% to $50,233.00 according to the Census Bureau.[4] The real median earnings of men who worked full time, year-round climbed between 2006 and 2007, from $43,460 to $45,113 (about 3.6 time minimum wage in 2006 to 3.7 time minimum wage in 2007). For women, the corresponding increase was from $33,437 to $35,102 (2.8 and 2.9 times minimum wage respectively). The median income per household member (including all working and non-working members above the age of 14) was $26,036 in 2006.[5] In 2006, there were approximately 116,011,000 households in the United States. 1.93% of all households had annual incomes exceeding $250,000.

Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so a median household income that is 4/5ths the national average is a "wealthy suburb"?

He never lied about where he lived, were he was born, you just imagined as much. His online bios all say born in Flint, raised in Davison. Davison is a suburb of Flint two miles from the Flint incorporated zone. Most people would consider that part of Flint.

Um...using any recent census data in Michigan is absolutely useless to show in any way what it was historical.
Davisons mean houshold income was one and a half times that of Flint, and only had one-half of one percent minority population.
Davison was primarily a bedroom suburb of Flint and housed mostly automotive mangers and executives...so duh...Davison's income wouldn't be close to what it was when the automotive industry was there.

Forum List

Back