Capital One Rejects Hunting Photo for Image Card

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice.”

That is the claim made by Capital One for anyone who wants to have a personal photo put on a Capital One credit card. You can even design it yourself online with a photo you upload.

But you can’t use a hunting photo. Capital One considers them unacceptable.

That’s what Lou Hinger of Hamburg, N.J., found out when she tried to design a credit card using a photo of her husband Frank, dressed in hunting gear, posing with a deer he had taken last hunting season.

Hinger received an e-mail from Capital One that said, in part:

“Sorry, we were unable to approve the image you submitted. We will not approve any images that contain the following: “Violence, hatred, or cruelty to humans or animals, profanity obscenities or any type of death imagery.”

“We are livid,” says Hinger, “as we are God-serving Americans who hunt to feed our family. In these economic times our family is fed by hunting, and it’s horrible to be associated with words like ‘hatred or violence.’

“I tried to call for an explanation twice; no one will get on the phone. Also, their terms are vague. However, someone took the time to specifically write that response pertaining to our image.

NRA-ILA :: OUTRAGE Of The Week: Capital One Rejects Hunting Photo for Image Card

Translation: "You can put whatever you want, as long as it agrees with me."

is that where you get your faux rage from this week?

it's their card. you have no constitutional right to it.

change companies and let the marketplace decide.

right?

Has anyone checked the weather in Hell? I suspect it's snowing. :lol::lol: Me and Jillian agree.... never a good sign. :eek:

right?

I never have rage...only insight....or disappointment, as in this case.

Their offer was "“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice

My 'lib-radar' went up as it is ever so characteristic of the liberal thought, which is why you find it so agreeable, as the lib-translation of Voltaire is

" "I do not agree with a word you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say whatever I want you to say".

And, of course, you verify that.
As a conservative, I would never attempt to force a private business...
So glad that you are coming around to the conservative view, i.e. "change companies and let the marketplace decide."
Bravo!

Don't you feel that people of good will should stand for truth, no matter how trivial the particular circumstance?

But, I would like to wish you a wonderful Easter....I understand that you do not celebrate same, but please accept that in the spirit in which I send it.

right?

Their offer was "“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice

My 'lib-radar' went up as it is ever so characteristic of the liberal thought, which is why you find it so agreeable, as the lib-translation of Voltaire is

" "I do not agree with a word you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say whatever I want you to say".

So glad that you are coming around to the conservative view, i.e. "change companies and let the marketplace decide."
Bravo!

Don't you feel that people of good will should stand for truth, no matter how trivial the particular circumstance?

But, I would like to wish you a wonderful Easter....I understand that you do not celebrate same, but please accept that in the spirit in which I send it.

Chic,

All companies have small print disclaimers giving them the right to make the final decision. Otherwise, you'd have a bunch of idiots whining cuz some asshole has a pic of Hitler or a lynching on their card. The card company has it's reputation to protect and that is what they are doing.

FYI: I've just checked their site. I was right, they have a disclaimer about rejecting images and they give a list of what they deem inappropriate.

Nope, no outrage.

right?

Their offer was "“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice.”

Bravo!

Chic,

All companies have small print disclaimers giving them the right to make the final decision. Otherwise, you'd have a bunch of idiots whining cuz some asshole has a pic of Hitler or a lynching on their card. The card company has it's reputation to protect and that is what they are doing.

"...giving them the right to make the final decision..."

Which, or course is consistent with my post:
"As a conservative, I would never attempt to force a private business...

My post was not aimed at business practices, but to spotlight hypocrisy, and the political basis for same.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Last edited:
It's their card and their public image they want to "protect". If they wish to play the PC game then take your business elsewhere, it's the American way.

Institute for legislative action?

You want a law to force a bank to let you put a picture on your card they find offensive or inappropriate?

I always knew you loved authoritarian big government

So if Tank wanted a picture of a hanged negroe and they refused?

Then why is this a matter for the Institute for Legislative Action?
But, I would like to wish you a wonderful Easter

This is a Christian nation. Get your pagan bullshit out of here.

Their offer was "“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice.”

Bravo!

Chic,

My post was not aimed at business practices, but to spotlight hypocrisy, and the political basis for same.

Have a wonderful Easter!

I'm not getting your point. The company very clearly states during the process of ordering a personalized card, that they retain the right to reject an image they deem inappropriate.

Explain to me what it is that I am supposed to care about, please. Exactly where is the hypocrisy and what the hell does it have to do with politics?

And... Happy Easter to you and yours.

If you want to 'express' yourself, surely you'd do it via a vehicle that others would encounter regularly enough for your message to be conveyed to the extent that they'd remember it. A personalised card stays hidden (for good reason) in your wallet or purse. Unless, of course, you're one of those annoying, attention-seeking wankers that feels compelled to shove the object of your expression under every poor soul's nose. Personalising trivial, day-to-day tools is the mark of a pretentious no-mark.

On the handful of occasions that our paths have crossed, I've often agreed with you, PoliticalChic. But on this occasion, I think you've intentionally posted this thread in this forum because you've expected to attract sympathy, due to the fact that you - rightly - assumed hunters would reply, hopefully indignantly.

Sorry, but as much as I'm a conservative, the political agenda I support has more pressing priorities than arguing what personal image some consumer can or can't have on their credit/debit card.

If you want to 'express' yourself, surely you'd do it via a vehicle that others would encounter regularly enough for your message to be conveyed to the extent that they'd remember it. A personalised card stays hidden (for good reason) in your wallet or purse. Unless, of course, you're one of those annoying, attention-seeking wankers that feels compelled to shove the object of your expression under every poor soul's nose. Personalising trivial, day-to-day tools is the mark of a pretentious no-mark.

On the handful of occasions that our paths have crossed, I've often agreed with you, PoliticalChic. But on this occasion, I think you've intentionally posted this thread in this forum because you've expected to attract sympathy, due to the fact that you - rightly - assumed hunters would reply, hopefully indignantly.

Sorry, but as much as I'm a conservative, the political agenda I support has more pressing priorities than arguing what personal image some consumer can or can't have on their credit/debit card.

Chic,

Have a wonderful Easter!

I'm not getting your point. The company very clearly states during the process of ordering a personalized card, that they retain the right to reject an image they deem inappropriate.

Explain to me what it is that I am supposed to care about, please. Exactly where is the hypocrisy and what the hell does it have to do with politics?

How is hunting inappropriate?

Chic,

Have a wonderful Easter!

I believe that Missourian touched on it, and there is something syncretic about 'your choice' but guns, hunting, while perfectly legal, is inappropriate.
I would be interested in seeing the company's explanation.

Time to close the account!!!! screw this business PS capitol One Hunters spend billions of dollars yearly on this sport and you might be missing out on some of this money.

Forum List

Back