Cap and Trade Equals Fraud and Tax

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Campaign For Liberty — Cap and Trade Equals Fraud and Tax   | by Glenn Jacobs

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    OK. That is really not the best solution. Agreed. So just start closing down the Coal and Oil fired generators on a ten year schedule. Dirtiest first. Then the natural gas generators on a 20 year schedule. Throw a grid out to where the wind, solar, and other alternatives are, and charge companies for tranmission over that grid to pay for it. That would be my solution.

3. sarahgop

sarahgop Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,699
    we should live in caves

4. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    If this keep up we will be.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    That passage is full of vague and ominous warnings, but doesn't really give me any detailed reasons to be afraid. Federal government control over my kitchen appliances?

It doesn't help that it cites the $3000 p.a. figure that has been widely debunked.

Do I believe the Cap and Trade bill is part of a huge federal government conspiracy to establish a fascist police state? No... sorry... don't buy that.

You shouldn't worry anyway. If the bill so clearly oversteps the bounds for federal intervention by the Constitution, the USSC will carve it up.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Whether you believe it's a conspiracy to establish a fascist police state is irrelevant, because the fact is that the government is growing its power to unprecedented levels and that is a major cause for concern.

The Supreme Court is not exactly a steadfast defender of the Constitution, so I would say that we certainly do have cause for worry.

7. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Let us assume without argument that you are right that the reach of federal government power is expanding. Do you always believe expansion of federal power to be a bad thing?

8. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    First, yes it is always a bad thing, has it ever proven to be otherwise?

Second, it is an expansion of federal intrusion, Morano even agrees, and he's a proponent of environmental protection. He said himself, it will do nothing to help but only gives the government more control.

9. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    The 14th Amendment represented an expansion of federal government power. So did the 19th Amendment. So did the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Rationing and the draft during WWII seemed to be a good idea. There are plenty of other examples of things the government does today that it didn't do in 1800 that we don't mind too terribly.

I am acting on the assumption that this is an expansion of federal government power.

As much as I would love to take the word of Morano (who I don't know) that this legislation won't help, my own counsel tells me to do otherwise.

So you aren't a proponent of environmental protection? That is a rather stark but frank admission.

10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,301
    Can you corporate tools stop your crying for a second to consider that destroying the planet will hurt all of us. You guys are classroom editions of a psychological profile conservatism - 'any change will have dire consequences.' Bah humbug. I could easily imagine you all in a cave since if our ancestors were all conservatives, I'm sure we'd still be there, you still are.

The Cap and Trade Success Story - Global Warming - Environmental Defense Fund
    Cap and Trade 101
    http://www.sightline.org/research/energy/res_pubs/cap-and-trade-101?gclid=CLGpvaTHiZsCFeFM5QodXEZupg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/What-Leave-Behind-Derrick-Jensen/dp/1583228675/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246617097&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: What We Leave Behind: Derrick Jensen, Aric McBay: Books[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Make-Believe-Derrick-Jensen/dp/1931498571/ref=pd_sim_b_10]Amazon.com: The Culture of Make Believe: Derrick Jensen: Books[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Burning-All-Illusions-Personal-Political/dp/0896085317/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3]Amazon.com: Burning All Illusions : A Guide to Personal and Political Freedom: David Edwards: Books[/ame]