CAP AND TRADE - Coming to your state soon?

What effect will Cap and Trade most likely have?

• It is necessary to combat climate change and promote a changeover to clean energy.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • It won't help but will hurt the economy and violate our rights.

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • It won't have much effect on anybody at all.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
What is truly sad is that with all of the evidence out there of who the big players in the AGW fraud are, people like konrad, and tuba and old rocks still can't wrap their poor little heads around the simple fact that it is truly all about money and how the big boys can take it from us the little people.

Yes please give me more public education:cuckoo:

I am not religious but I have to say AMEN to that!

Well, Cap and Trade is presently taking a backseat to what cannot be capped. Good luck selling your talking points in Florida, Louisana, Mississippi, and Texas.

Well, Cap and Trade is presently taking a backseat to what cannot be capped. Good luck selling your talking points in Florida, Louisana, Mississippi, and Texas.

Yeah, talking points..... Where have you seen this on the major media douchebag?

You haven't and thats the truth just as I stated, its not propaganda, comes from the sites themselves not a propaganda or even any other blog or media source. unlike you and your lying and exaggerating spreading propaganda, I go right to the source..

Want to say I am wrong? Then you need to take it up with CCX and the board members asshole....

The smart thing to do, given present circumstances, would be to take up the subject with of CCX stock with your broker.

So piracy, conflict of interest, deception, abuse of office, betrayal of the public, lying, and spreading false fear driven propaganda in order to establish a market to manipulate CO2 under the disguise of saving the planet is all okay with you?

I suppose its one of those morality and ethics things... you know like the kind your AGW believers pretend they have and the other side doesn't...

Yeah you people are pathetic.....

So you agree with screwing the poor and powerless...good to know where you stand on the issue Old Fraud.
The smart thing to do, given present circumstances, would be to take up the subject with of CCX stock with your broker.

So you agree with screwing the poor and powerless...good to know where you stand on the issue Old Fraud.

westwal, as I said before he is a soul-less POS..... See why I am so intolerant of him and his cronies? When you break them down to their core, you see the vile being underneath..... All their "good guys" and "scientists" talk and claims of others being greedy planet killers, and in the end this is who they really are...

Okay, so far little response here. Let's try a new tack.

In my opinion, Cap and Trade is an initiative proposed by the U.S. Federal Government for the purpose of imposing the largest tax ever known to humankind while further stripping away many of the unalienable rights, choices, options, and opportunities of the people.

Its not a tax. A tax is when one party pays money to the government and receives nothing in return. Cap & trade involves companies buying and selling the right to pollute - the transfer of money from one business to another. I fail to see how that's a "tax".

I'm curious as to how cap and trade violates ones rights. Since when does anyone have a right to alter the worldwide chemistry of the atmosphere in ways that are detrimental to everyone?

I'm curious as to how cap and trade violates ones rights. Since when does anyone have a right to alter the worldwide chemistry of the atmosphere in ways that are detrimental to everyone?

You cannot prove that a few degree rise in temperature will be detrimental for everyone.

You cannot prove that a few degree rise in temperature will be detrimental for everyone.
Not to mention, you can't prove WHO in particular caused harm. You know, if this was a consumer protection case, you could neither find a source of harm, let alone a perpetrator, getting the case thrown out of court.

You can't prove culpability when you can't prove direct harm.

A rise of a few degrees will almost certainly result in a dieoff of a significant portion of humanity. But it will not be detrimental to everyone. Drill, baby, Drill.

A rise of a few degrees will almost certainly result in a dieoff of a significant portion of humanity. But it will not be detrimental to everyone. Drill, baby, Drill.

Almost certainly?

Is that like virtually spotless?

I didn't vote in this poll because you didnt' give me a choice I could agree with.

CAP AND TRADE has the potential to be a terrible policy.

Basically, it could become a system of indulgences.

So really, the devil is in the details of the law, AND in how that law is really practiced in real life.

What do I expect from it?

Well...I expect that it will be used to allow dirty industries to buy off their pollution, and I expect that the people will end up paying to allow those dirty industries to continue to do so, too.

It doesn't HAVE to play out like that, but I suspect it will.

After all, government (regardless of what party runs it) is beholden to big capital.

Okay, so far little response here. Let's try a new tack.

In my opinion, Cap and Trade is an initiative proposed by the U.S. Federal Government for the purpose of imposing the largest tax ever known to humankind while further stripping away many of the unalienable rights, choices, options, and opportunities of the people.

Its not a tax. A tax is when one party pays money to the government and receives nothing in return. Cap & trade involves companies buying and selling the right to pollute - the transfer of money from one business to another. I fail to see how that's a "tax".

Fake, what do you think a carbon tax is? When you breath you create CO2, when we make concrete, generate electricity, and drive to the store or even a green peace rally it generates CO2. So any tax on CO2 is in effect a tax on life.

Cap and trade is how they will manipulate a market they create for it. Each company will be taxed on their carbon output. They have a certain amount they can put out without incurring higher penalties. Similar to prime rate on a credit card. And like a credit card, as time goes on the restrictions will get tighter and the penalties stiffer. Whatever carbon credits a company does not use, they can sell on the cap and trade market to other companies. OR if they are continually over their limit they can buy extra credits from other companies.

here are some of the problems....

1. IF they can trade for carbon credits or trade their excess into cash. What will be the incentive for the largest and more successful market managers to give up their cash cow if a viable alternative to fossil fuels comes along?

2. The operating costs, fines, and resulting penalties and tightening restrictions will force more and more consolidation of energy markets. Resulting in less choice, which will lead to prices being set by the whims of an ever shrinking number of companies. And this one of the problems with a monopoly.

3. With the early and wisest/more wealthy investors set to make the most money right away, and the markets set to make billions off the trades they oversee, and government set to make money off the regulating and enforcing of this, who will be able to stop this later when and or if a viable alternative shows up? Do you think after decades of this making billions for a great many they will suddenly just give it up? NO!

4. As the system generates more and more income for those on the top, we will find that no matter what we do CO2 will seem to increase ever more. Or the effects will be worse than we figured before or whatever reason you can think of they will have to tighten restrictions, fines, fees, and or rates of exchange will increase. THis is the very nature of business and these people are business men..

5. We are going to pay for a natural trace gas, and trust the benefactors of this Industry to tell us when or if its working.....

All of you need to pull your heads out of your asses on this now.. You cannot sit on your behinds and let them do it for you anymore. Go and read on this, watch videos, go places not in the mainstream media or in biased websites or blogs. You cannot afford to be this blind anymore, not with this, not with something that will dam everyone on the planet to pay for the indulgences of the wealthy. Because thats what this will be in the end. This will allow the wealthy few to live as they please, without restriction based on resources for as long as they can. Do you think they will stop using privates jets? No, they will just pay more and then bill us for the extra.

Dude we already saw how fake your BS sentiment is so don't even try it....

Jesus christ I am so tired of tolerating your ignorance now......

Everytime you breath you alter the atmosphere's chemistry... Every time a plant uses photosynthesis it alters the atmospheric chemistry...

Freaking unbelievably idiotic..... you have a right to life? Do plants?

Some astrophysics PHD candidate..... RIght!

"The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age" – ecologist Kenneth Watt.

I think we could use a few degrees of warming now that we are 11 degrees colder now than we were in 1970. :rolleyes:

tell me another lie.

Jesus christ I am so tired of tolerating your ignorance now......

Everytime you breath you alter the atmosphere's chemistry... Every time a plant uses photosynthesis it alters the atmospheric chemistry...

Freaking unbelievably idiotic..... you have a right to life? Do plants?

Some astrophysics PHD candidate..... RIght!
He's on the football scholarship.

Forum List

Back